Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just a misunderstanding...

aeroplano

Originally posted by pod

But Marcos, I've seen you dancing your ass off with a passion at any number of Miami events!

yes you have pod... can you please state those events and tell me if they were other than digweed, seaman, deep dish, renaissance, etc... did you ever see me supporting the locals... not if they weren't residents in nikki's, bed, or blue (because i can tolerate a night of mediocre house with good tunes thrown here and there, but unfortunately i can't tolerate a night of mediocre trance)... it's not that i think the other residents have no talent, but because our tastes in music are obviously different.

Originally posted by pod

I know you went to Ibiza and Europe...god knows I'd be spoiled rotten after a European vacation, but I would come back with an attitude to maybe change things here, not just slander on the bad points.

my music taste has not changed a BIT due to the fact i was a semester out in europe (i can find so many more compilations that interest me in miami than what i could get in italy)... i got to hear really good sets out there and i also got to read this board and hate myself for all the good sets i was missing that you guys were getting (deep dish i don't know how many times, lee burridge, parks and wilson, danny tenaglia twice... i mean give me a break...). actually, some board members are witnesses to the fact that even though i was really happy to be spending a semester abroad in italy, i was really skeptical to the kind of music i was going to be hearing (maybe due to the fact that all we get in the US from italy is mauro piu and mauro picotto, obviously not my kind of thing... luckily i found really good locals over there). so before i say anything else, i just wanted to tell you not to jump into conclusions without first getting your facts straight. about changing the music scene in miami... the scene in miami really leaves much to be desired. i would honestly rather spend a night here in puerto rico listening to latin music or in an italian bar listening to the top 40 pop hits of the moment with the right crowd than in space on a regular weekend night... my point is... it's not just the music buddy... it's the crowd.

Originally posted by pod

I know plenty of people that go to Europe frequently and they still love the Miami scene.

really... i can tell you a met a lot of people who loved the beaches...

Originally posted by pod

To reiterate, what gives? It's not so bad down here, we've got it pretty damn good compared to 95 percent of the country.

i have to agree with you 100% on that

the bottom line is that we have different opinions in a couple of things... and we're going to have to learn to coexist with other people that have different opinions. if there was anything i said that gave you (or anybody else in the board) a rather negative impression of me... i apologize. now, if it is my decision to jump on diego's side on this issue, it MAY be that we have the same opinion on something. so in the end, this one goes for both of us to learn.

sincerely,

marcos.

Mr. Marcos, pod has made some serious accusations. Please provide more evidence of your innocence.

Forget it! The verdict is in!

We the high court of clubplanet sentence Marcos aka aeroplano for his crimes against clubbing to 2 year of Space afterhours VIP treatment. Luis Puig will be waiting for you with 2 armed security guards to take you to your VIP table.

OK, GA had me laughing hysterically on that one.

I sorta came across kind of harsh, but lately I've become more and more involved in the local scene here, and I get tweaked when people rag on it a lot. Sometimes, I don't see a lousy DJ, I see some person who just landed a residency, and is still learning his or her art, something I can sympathise with. Hey, I don't even bother scanning 50 percent of the photos I take! Ideally I should get 20-25 out of a 36er of Fujichrome, but that's something I have to achieve still, ya know? But with what I do produce, I've landed my "residencies" with.cooljunkie. , and the big glossy magazine that comes out only 4 or 5 times a year. (Look for it on the 28th!). These "residencies" are very valuable to me, and if nothing else, they've motivated me to take my art further. Just like one of our 'mediocre' locals may futz up a mix every so often, but they've got the exposure, which motivates them to get better. Hell, even Sasha, John, and so forth really sucked at one point. John probably blew mix after mix until he got it right :).

So, basically, I apologise for jumping on ya, I've never ever had a problem with ya on a friend level, please don't take it that way...but just remember, our locals today could quite possibly be tomorrow's Danny, Sasha, John, or Paul.

Give Miami a chance :)