Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE in DC?

maximman

I'm coming from NY for a family trip on NYE... so... knowing that... are there any NY Style, Quality parties going on down there? I've admittedly never been down there to party so i have NO idea what to expect... any recommendations?

I'm looking for... let see... Howells type music or Tech-House...

Dark House...

not really a cheesy house fan... (Exit type music up here in NY)... so any recommendations would be great! thanx!!!

Here's the deal for Red on NYE:

DJs for the night:

Kostas

Tom B.

Sam "The Man" Burns

Doug "95 North" Smith

and possibly Saeed.

Cover charge: $20 to $25

Hours: Probably from 9 or 10 pm until

What you get for you money: Dope ass music and a champagne toast at midnight. Tony Humphries just spun at Red 2 weeks ago. Small place, but great house music and don't miss Sam "the Man" Burns if you have never heard him spin.

From what I was told its not so much a sit down dinner...rather its a buffet...with finget foods....from 8-9:30...then the party starts.......house music on first floor, hip hop second floor...mixed on the 3rd and 4th floor...if you want 21+ and a mixed crowd, I this is the place.....

I think alot of big clubs serve food. Last NYE i went to Club Exit in NYC. They have a food there to eat too for VIP. That place was off the hook. So many people.. i was there til 7 in the morning. I heard alot of people tell me Dream was good.. so I'm defeintely going to be there. As for as Red goes.. its way to small. Smallest place I seen before.

Originally posted by pakipataka

yeah i hear dream is off the hook, but i'm comin down from philly and debating between dream and platinum...which do you recomend, what kinda music is played at each and what kinda crowd go to each?

thanxxx

pEace

platinum is yucky...too "mainstream" and the music is kinda nasty, in fact i almost got into a fight the last time i was there, and people who know me know that i'm as innocent looking as a fluffy teddy bear, but regardless, dream, the club in itself is pretty damn nice, but dont expect anything grand in the way of the music

Ok, I've heard lots of suggestions, but what are people ACTUALLY doing for New Years? I may not end up spending New Years with the people I was planning to due to some strange circumstances so I may need to find something else to do. Anyone?

Originally posted by Kuro

Ok, I've heard lots of suggestions, but what are people ACTUALLY doing for New Years? I may not end up spending New Years with the people I was planning to due to some strange circumstances so I may need to find something else to do. Anyone?

I know crank is going to the Edge, and some other people are also thinking of going, if theyre in then I'm in, 'cuz then the group will be nice...shady looks like no go on what we talked about for NYE, but maybe the weekend.

Originally posted by vicman

I know crank is going to the Edge, and some other people are also thinking of going, if theyre in then I'm in, 'cuz then the group will be nice...shady looks like no go on what we talked about for NYE, but maybe the weekend.

You're weak.

OK, so who all's in for doing something then? Kuro, looks like you may be in now. What about Malanee/Ravermania & crew? If it's not just me and Vic, then I may be willing to have you guys over at my place. Throw on some records, throw down some beers, don't have enough doobage to support your habits, but if anyone's got some nuggets, I've got the devices to burn them in. But if it's just me and Vic, that might be a little awkward, so my place is only an option if there are some people interested and as long as they're not all dudes.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

...so my place is only an option if there are some people interested and as long as they're not all dudes.

dude, its no secret that you basically run a bathhouse at your place, thats why your always so tired on the weekends, it aint Buzz, its the both the metaphorical and real life "Larry's" that waste you down week in and week out....

or how 'bout The Edge and post party at Shady's?

In any way, if no The Edge, shady's option would also be cool

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

You're weak.

OK, so who all's in for doing something then? Kuro, looks like you may be in now. What about Malanee/Ravermania & crew? If it's not just me and Vic, then I may be willing to have you guys over at my place. Throw on some records, throw down some beers, don't have enough doobage to support your habits, but if anyone's got some nuggets, I've got the devices to burn them in. But if it's just me and Vic, that might be a little awkward, so my place is only an option if there are some people interested and as long as they're not all dudes.

I might be in for that, as long as it's just not me, vic, and shady, that would be even more awkward. You couldn't pay me to be with your two freaks all night, j/k. I got the nugs, hopefully larry too.

Originally posted by pgiddy

I might be in for that, as long as it's just not me, vic, and shady, that would be even more awkward. You couldn't pay me to be with your two freaks all night, j/k. I got the nugs, hopefully larry too.

fukin' larry shows up at the most fortunate times....hold it pgiddy, are you talkin' about the metaphorical Larry or shady's intimate real-life friend Larry? :confused:

Dudes, finally someone sayin something about this! i'm in for the post party at Shady's and maybe the edge. I don't have anyone else's contact info except Malanee's and at this point, i think no one knows what she's up to. but yeah, pm and we'll plan this shiiite out some more.