Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~Cosmetic 911~

marcid21

I'm getting a little bored with my look lately. Just wondering if any of you ladies have any ideas on how to spice it all up.

Right now, I guess I have the less is more look. Ya know...basically clean and natural, always an emphasis on lips and eyes. I'm just over the same routine....

Powder eyeliner, with a touch of blush, a light shadow, and something on the lips to bring it all together.

Any suggestions? Just keep in mind, I'm not auditioning for Moulin Rouge.

:confused:

of course it all depends on your complexion etc...but i'm sure u know all that stuff....this is what i would say...pick one thing...eyes or lips...and put the MAJOR emphasis on that....like if u choose eyes...use a color to accent your eyecolor..maybe a lil more shadow/liner than usual...then play it low key on the lips...simple gloss

Originally posted by glamourama

Whenever I'm looking for new colors I will go to a makeup counter in a department store and have someone give me a makeover. Some girls are really good and show you new colors and new ways of putting on make up.

The best part-it's free!

I went to the M-A-C store. They have reasonable prices and will show you how to apply, what looks good with your skin and how to do more fun things when you want a more dramatic look.

Misk....see...this is the problem. Your suggestion about playing one thing up, and toning down another is what I have been doing. I'm getting to bored with it all.....I need new ideas, new color palatte's......ya know?

I've been to a bunch of counter's....but the people there are mainly clueless. I gave up on them when I got a make-over, and the chick gave me like a third lip or something when she applied my lipgloss.

I looked like Josie Grossie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by marcid21

Misk....see...this is the problem. Your suggestion about playing one thing up, and toning down another is what I have been doing. I'm getting to bored with it all.....I need new ideas, new color palatte's......ya know?

I've been to a bunch of counter's....but the people there are mainly clueless. I gave up on them when I got a make-over, and the chick gave me like a third lip or something when she applied my lipgloss.

I looked like Josie Grossie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know what you mean....I don't like make-overs....colors not right....too dark, etc. I like doing my own thing with my own style & lots of experimenting. You probably know pretty much what colors look good on you so go to sephora's or go their website (they even have tips & pro's how to)....they have nice glittery colors from *Urban Decay* my fav..., Nars, Stila, Chanel, etc. Do your own color experimenting & mixing. As for idea's, get a beauty book like "Making Faces" by Kevyn Aucoin or "Makeup Your Mind" by Francois Nars. They illustrate the basics of makeup application and technique, then shows how you can use it in all kinds of interesting ways and has celebrity make-overs with instructional full-color sketches and step-by-step directions for creating dozens of looks. Have Fun! :)

-=*TrancEdkittEn*=-

=^..^=

Actually I was on a mission last night. Me and my gay friend Raphie were experimenting...him for kick ass tinted moisturizers and me for a whole new color palate.....

Needless to say, the tinted moisturizer didn't go so well for my princess....but I can't wait to go out and show off what I came up with. Usually I'm all about more of a natural color...blah blah....but i got some kick ass lip colors. Their a little redish with slight hints of a brownish hue....and nice subtle contrast liners....

It sounds funny, but I think the new colors bring out the highlights in my hair....lol...does that make sense????

i hear ya on the red lipstick!! i have been gettin really into that lately....not so much apple/fire engine red...but more like..brick red and deep reds....i love it!! and my advice would be just play around with it...which i'm sure u have been doing....when u r bored try all different things with your eyes!! lately...i have been doing the plain smokey look on my eyes..no color...or just a little shiney beige shadow to highlite the brow bone...then of course my new found love for red lips!!!! let us know how your new look goes over!!??! ....also...for eyes~i like the clinique duo shadows..lots of colors that come in pairs which compliment each other!!;)

Misk sweetie....were we twins separated at birth?? I live in N. Jerz too, it's very possible....LOL...

here are my fav clinique duo's (i even have a trio!!!!!)

No-Show taupes

Beach Bronze

Angel Eyes (so true, and my favorite!)

Double Date

Grey on Grey (great for subtle smokey looks)

Waterblues (not a big fan of it)

~Not to mention the blushes...Nude Nude and Plum Gorgeous....all over Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion!

ps....by the way Misk, are you thread stalking me????

haha....not thread stalking!! lol just really bored! and of course since we are separated at birth...we like the same topics!!;)

anyways....yea i like the angel eyes duo...and also like the jaded combo~because i have hazel eyes and it brings out the green!

**cannot live without dramatically different!!!**

• 2 weeks later...

well first is first..look on sephora.com, great deals, great makeup, also depending on ur skin tone, i always opt for dramatic look, i love neutrals and browns, its all about how u apply teh make up to your eyes, get a brush set it makes such a difference, i also love bronzer!! lip gloss is a new thing to do for a really clean sexy look, they are all in diff colors, i recommend lancome, also get charcoal eyeshadow to make a smokey look on ur eyes, i love shimmering make up as well for clubbing, its more popular now so its everywhere..hope this helps, and this isnt exp rather cheap

:bounce:

cd