Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vinyl review!!!!

Ok, here's my tardy ass checking in for a late checkup (yeah, doesn't make any sense to me either)

Step my butt in from a whirly-twirly night at LL (legs 3 hops away from being snapped in three). Everything seems normal.

Say to my self: "hmm, meetup was an hour ago, so I'll check myself in the corner, rest a bit, then find everyone on the dance floor..."

Into the chillout room, sees Trancend sitting there chatting on the phone? *shrugs*

(guess there're a few people chilling out here...)

Hears my name(huh?), turns around *INSERT MATRIX SHOT* woooooooosh........

There in the little room corner sat everyone from CP and their mothers (thanks to LM, that can be taken somewhat literally).

Long story short (the things that happens when you're at work), had a pretty good rest of the night ('cept damn Vinyl charging $50 at 5 in the morning...) No energy whatsoever though....

Me mummy (Take care of that nose!), Joe (I think we went a BIT too deep into funland there), Bkmike (I never knew there's a Howell playing for the Yankees), Phunk (you look tired), DJ Vybrator (Big Chill), Kristy (Where'd you run off to?), T(Diesel...), Justin (Get off your damn phone!), Carl (ORBITAL!)...

wait, have to get back to work, will continue later...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everyone here, I had a fantastic night with Howells as usual.

Got there around 5 and left when they put the lights on at 10.

I forgot again about the CP meet ups but I definitely look forward to meeting u guys. especially because I often go to vinyl by myself afterhours when I'm drunk after a party (my friends don't really like techno) and looks like you CPers have a lot of fun.

I'll try to meet you guys this friday for DT. (maybe some of you already saw me, skinny guy dressed black, with a colored shirt for NYE)

Happy new year to all CPers and see ya

PS: my ears are still ringing, Howells is fucking sick :D

I'm a little worried since it never lasts for 2 days usually. Is anyone still death like me???

Originally posted by joeg

1) Did I mention how fucked up the guy:girl ratio is in the cp scene? (only about 100 times...)

2) Hairless monkeys???? lol.... I can't imagine what our cab driver was thinking....

1) joeg....and then another 122 times at my house

2) dude...WHAT THE FUCK was that all about????? Hairless monkeys building this city??? Joeg, danielle, and I were in disbelief listening to mike drop science on the cabbie :laugh:

Remember this?:

joeg snoring loudly on my couch...

me: joe, turn over

joe: *grunt*

me: turn over!

joe: *grumble*

me: dude, turn over!

joe: stop saying "turn over"!!!!

me: well you're not turning over!!

joe rotates his body 2 inches, continues to snore loudly...

me: joe, I meant turn on your side, not on your back!

joe finally turns over...he's down for the count! :laugh:

Originally posted by saigray

That is the fuckin coolest thing ever.....No wonder your guys eyes open so wide every time I see you! I am your delerium fairy, once you see me you know you are in for it!! One one hand, it makes me want to hang out with you guys more and on the other, I don't want to destroy the mystery ;-) You two are the cutest :D

i'm SAYIN'!! You turn up when I'm at my most f'd up point of the night...and then I see you...and it's like a path between me and you on the dancefloor parts. And I walk that clear path, drawn to you like you're one of the Sirens. Then I get a hug and that tells me I'm going to survive one more night. Be careful folks...she's already claimed me and joeg as her victims of her witchcraft...are you next? :laugh:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

click to enlarge

02010205.jpg

That shirt was the highlight of the night.

Especially when I had you on my shoulders right in fromt of Howells and I started spinning you around so the entire place could see you.

ok, so I remember being totally blown up sitting on the floor in Crackhead Cornerâ„¢ and you coming over to me, grabbing my hand and telling me to follow you. So I did, on autopilot... and when you told me that you were going to lift me above the crowd I thought I was about to cry, thinking you guys were the greatest! Then when I got the reaction from the crowd and Danny reached out to shake my hand I knew it was a very excellent NYE party...

you guys RAWK :D

Originally posted by xpander

Ok, here's my tardy ass checking in for a late checkup (yeah, doesn't make any sense to me either)

Step my butt in from a whirly-twirly night at LL (legs 3 hops away from being snapped in three). Everything seems normal.

Say to my self: "hmm, meetup was an hour ago, so I'll check myself in the corner, rest a bit, then find everyone on the dance floor..."

Into the chillout room, sees Trancend sitting there chatting on the phone? *shrugs*

(guess there're a few people chilling out here...)

Hears my name(huh?), turns around *INSERT MATRIX SHOT* woooooooosh........

There in the little room corner sat everyone from CP and their mothers (thanks to LM, that can be taken somewhat literally).

Long story short (the things that happens when you're at work), had a pretty good rest of the night ('cept damn Vinyl charging $50 at 5 in the morning...) No energy whatsoever though....

Me mummy (Take care of that nose!), Joe (I think we went a BIT too deep into funland there), Bkmike (I never knew there's a Howell playing for the Yankees), Phunk (you look tired), DJ Vybrator (Big Chill), Kristy (Where'd you run off to?), T(Diesel...), Justin (Get off your damn phone!), Carl (ORBITAL!)...

wait, have to get back to work, will continue later...

....aannnnnnnd *deep breath*

Saisha (STOP DISAPPEARING!), Zoran ("Is that Fucking Zoran?!"), Apotheosis (was contemplating on the autobots for a good half an hour...lol), Klohe (glad to have spent the WHOLE night with you...hehehe), Msoprano ("do'oh, I was like, next to him half the time), Andy (took me a good minute to see in the dark...lol), Zahra (can't spell it, so bad at it, so sorry), KevinNeci (back on the boards, you...)....

Good night to be had by all....so hope I didn't miss anyone....

Originally posted by brooklynkid

1) joeg....and then another 122 times at my house

2) dude...WHAT THE FUCK was that all about????? Hairless monkeys building this city??? Joeg, danielle, and I were in disbelief listening to mike drop science on the cabbie :laugh:

Remember this?:

joeg snoring loudly on my couch...

me: joe, turn over

me: turn over!

joe: *grumble*

me: dude, turn over!

joe: stop saying "turn over"!!!!

me: well you're not turning over!!

joe rotates his body 2 inches, continues to snore loudly...

me: joe, I meant turn on your side, not on your back!

joe finally turns over...he's down for the count! :laugh:

no, you said turn over way more than that.... lol.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by joeg

no, you said turn over way more than that.... lol.....

. . :laugh: we both did, I was the one that pointed out, in amazement, that you could fall asleep so damn fast . . man, 5 mins on the couch and you were out . . I, on the other hand fell asleep at the wrong time on the train, but more on that later . .

I am clear (mostly) now, so I will proceed with the shoutouts:

LM : Oh deary, it was soo cool seeing you soo happy :) for a while there, then that whole nose thing had to come into play :(, I am sure the bounce will return soon . . . who rawks?

totallyoff : you're a stand up cat . . lookin forward to more rawkus nights wit the crew . .

Siceone : I'm still thinking about the spiral . . that was great conversation, I feind for that kind of stuff when I'm rollerskatin . .

Joeyg : JOEEEEEEEEEEEYYGGGGGGGGG!! . . you're so precious . . Yes you did ask me about the ratio a total of 7 times at the club and once (I believe) at Mike's apartment . . I'll explain the hairless monkey's in a sec . .

Blazin : you rawk dude, got the spirit of a true clubber, makin us get back on the dancefloor like that. . . I stayed out there for I can't remember how long . .

Kristy : behold the power of comfortable shoes!! . . keep dancin . .

Danielle : thanks for lettin me hang off of ya and be an etard for most of the night :)

BrooklynMike: you rule dude, from the concise directions to the pickup, warm up and post (for the short time I was there) party chill out at your place . . you think YOU make funny faces when you roll . . I look like Mr. Freakin Potatohead . . there will be many rawkus nights to come . . pssst . . dude, do you know where I can get some Ecstacy??

Greg : Great meeting you, you're a pretty cool cat . . can't beat 5 dolla Foakleys from the jamacians . . tee hee hee . .

Fiery : If I had remembered I would have given you that spankin . .but then again, it takes more than 15 seconds to actually formulate and execute a thought. . and my attention span was going at about 2.5 seconds that night . .

Trancend : . . I'm glad you came out, we needed our justin there . . :). . you gotta pick up another phone like that so you can get around the glowstick rule. . that thing could be used as a landing beacon at JFK . . :laugh:

DjJohn : Great finally meeting you, gotta see you spin soon . .

Klohe : Girl, you have the sunshiniest smile I've seen in a looong time . . :D

tastyt : Hottest pants in the club, hands down . . :)

Ron : You're a madman!!! . . You went off dude!! . . I mean, energy that I wish I could pull out of myself . .

Nathan : Sorry about the knees . . you'll be running the floor again soon, you just CANT take a break . . . . Yes, I will get to the hairless monkey thing soon . .

Sai : Yes girl, you are magic . . appeared in the Crackhead Cornerâ„¢ ( :laugh: you rule mike . . ) said hello, gave hugs, then magically disappeared, only to reappear just as I was reaching my peak of robot spazziness on the dancefloor . . loved your mock rendition of the lawnmower pull . . . simply classic . . . . I wonder if anyone else got the joke. .

Pete and Tiff : Always a pleasure . . I wish we could have talked more, but I was too deep into la la land . .

Shout to ALL inclusive : If I forgot anyone I apologize sincerely, I love you all cause we be da crew and we rock the party . . keep dancin . .

Now, to other things :

The Hairless Monkey thing . . .

We got out of the club around 9:30 and hopped a cab back to Brooklyn . . I, being the talkative type decided to chat up the cabbie, who promptly put KTU on . . and trust me, after hearing DANNY FAWKING HOWELLS all night, I prefered my own voice to what was playing on the radio . . so . . I got all cosmic spacemonkey on the situation and started noticing things . .

. . I mean. . do any of you ever do that? . . I always get that way after I roll, cause I don't want to succumb to the after effects. . Marvel at the Universe damnit! . . fight off the effect of that fading bliss . . . so anyway. . I started looking around at things and we turned onto the street that leads over the Williamsburg bridge (??. . was it that one . .) and it just hit me . .

. . It's almost 10 A.M., I've had one of the best nights in my life. . the sun, in her glory, is in the morning sky and cast before me in inky silhouette is the reality of what humans can do when they put their minds to it . . I mean . . It's amazing!! . . Every brick had to be laid, every girder lifted high into the sky, every rivet heated to 1000's of degrees and driven through . . . We did all of that with our minds and our hands. . we toiled for years, designing and redesigning. . drafting and re-drafting the concept of that bridge . . we, with our minds and our hands, sunk the casons into the east river that would play support for thousands of tons of cement and steel . . we built it, we built all of it!!! . . Behold what we can do!!!

I glanced back at the skyline as we were at the apex of the bridge and scanned the horizon . . Amazing . . all the buildings . . sometimes clustered into styles because of the era in which they were built . . sometimes shining alone, different from their neighbors . . a multicolored shag carpet of dreams and aspirations, no matter how darkly or how lightly conceived, spreading as far as the eye can see . . all of it WE built . .

GOOOO HAIRLESS MONKEYS!!!!

. . . lets hope we can continue with it . .

. . It's funny . . I was on the 6 train heading towards Grand Central and this expensive looking chap was sitting across from me. . He was a crackhead at that moment, just like me . .

. . "Rough Night?". . .

. . Nods . .

. . "From cockroaches to Gods. . all the spectrum we encompass . . Happy New Year. . "

. . He smiled, and I got off the train . .

- Peace Everyone

Michael "PhuturePhunk" G. . . .

lol..... whats funny is your empathy for the cab driver as people were cutting him off... "man, do you believe that guy??? these people drive like lunatics"... *me and bk mike look at each other, and let it go...* few minutes later, the hairless monkey story is flowing *me, bk mike, & danielle look at each other, start laughing, and all say the words "what??? oh, i don't even know...."

all I can say, is let the rawk rawk rawkus continue.... I hope to see the same crew (and more new faces) everywhere I go....

oh, and carl... one of these days, we might actually have to talk to one another.. lol... somehow we manage to be in the same place at the same time a few nights a week, but never have anything to say....

Originally posted by phuturephunk

The Hairless Monkey thing . . .

We got out of the club around 9:30 and hopped a cab back to Brooklyn . . I, being the talkative type decided to chat up the cabbie, who promptly put KTU on . . and trust me, after hearing DANNY FAWKING HOWELLS all night, I prefered my own voice to what was playing on the radio . . so . . I got all cosmic spacemonkey on the situation and started noticing things . .

. . I mean. . do any of you ever do that? . . I always get that way after I roll, cause I don't want to succumb to the after effects. . Marvel at the Universe damnit! . . fight off the effect of that fading bliss . . . so anyway. . I started looking around at things and we turned onto the street that leads over the Williamsburg bridge (??. . was it that one . .) and it just hit me . .

. . It's almost 10 A.M., I've had one of the best nights in my life. . the sun, in her glory, is in the morning sky and cast before me in inky silhouette is the reality of what humans can do when they put their minds to it . . I mean . . It's amazing!! . . Every brick had to be laid, every girder lifted high into the sky, every rivet heated to 1000's of degrees and driven through . . . We did all of that with our minds and our hands. . we toiled for years, designing and redesigning. . drafting and re-drafting the concept of that bridge . . we, with our minds and our hands, sunk the casons into the east river that would play support for thousands of tons of cement and steel . . we built it, we built all of it!!! . . Behold what we can do!!!

I glanced back at the skyline as we were at the apex of the bridge and scanned the horizon . . Amazing . . all the buildings . . sometimes clustered into styles because of the era in which they were built . . sometimes shining alone, different from their neighbors . . a multicolored shag carpet of dreams and aspirations, no matter how darkly or how lightly conceived, spreading as far as the eye can see . . all of it WE built . .

Now that we know that you're soaked in thought, I'll entertain all this the next time you're uh....under the influence....

Should be entertaining.....

BrooklynMike: you rule dude, from the concise directions to the pickup, warm up and post (for the short time I was there) party chill out at your place . . you think YOU make funny faces when you roll . . I look like Mr. Freakin Potatohead . . there will be many rawkus nights to come . . pssst . . dude, do you know where I can get some Ecstacy??

dude, you purposely scared the fuck out of me in Crackhead Cornerâ„¢ more than once Monday night! ****argh!!! memories...slowly....returning!!!*** You were twisting and contorting your face in the creepiest ways just to freak my out :eek:

Originally posted by brooklynkid

dude, you purposely scared the fuck out of me in Crackhead Cornerâ„¢ more than once Monday night! ****argh!!! memories...slowly....returning!!!*** You were twisting and contorting your face in the creepiest ways just to freak my out :eek:

. . . I wasn't trying to freak you out dude. . I just wanted to prove to you that I WAS Mr. PotatoHead at that moment . . :laugh:

Ron : You're a madman!!! . . You went off dude!! . . I mean, energy that I wish I could pull out of myself . .

. . . .

My first shout on CP. Now I truly feel loved. Vinyl was such a kickin party it finally broke me out of my year and a half lurker phase on here.

Anyone else got some shouts for me bring em on.

- Ron

. . . . Don't you have a spelling bee tomorrow morning 1st period . . get to bed mister!! . :laugh:

Doesn't that nurse come by real early to give you your spounge bath and apple sauce??? Don't forget to take your teeth out before she tucks you in... you know what kind of problems that causes....

:laugh:

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

great to see everyone the other night..

good way to start 2002.

i have one complaint..

i want to see more asses grooving and not sitting.

-z

;)

p.s. i hope lav is feeling better...

. . dude. . that was a pimp suit!! . . . :cool: . . Good seeing ya agin . .

Huge props to the CP crew. The corner was a dream. So good to see so many faces thru my haze.

Great seeing Apoth and Rita, Sai... for too short a time... sorry for being so flighty by the time I saw you. Freefall, great to meet you and Trancend, cool to see you again. LM, shit I didnt know you got hurt. I must have seen you right before it happened since I saw you pretty good into the night. Az-tec... heh heh. I *saw* you but didnt have the focus to get up and say 'hey'.

I'm not gonna try to name any more names, of course I crew I camw ith knows who they are and I can't wait for the next night like that. Truley a great night!

See you all soon.

e

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

great to see everyone the other night..

good way to start 2002.

i have one complaint..

i want to see more asses grooving and not sitting.

-z

;)

p.s. i hope lav is feeling better...

No complaints out of you mr. Iknowwhenthebasslinetothenexttrackisgonnakickinwaitwhatthefuck???

:tongue:

Twice in one night, Z...hehehehe