richerich

RATE NEW GATECRASHER CD  

4 members have voted

1. 1. RATE NEW GATECRASHER CD

• IT PHUCKEN SUX
    • IT CAN'T BE PLAYED ALL THE WAY THROUGH
    • IT CAN BE PLAYED SOMETIMES
    • IT HASN'T LEFT MY CD PLAYER

Has anyone heard the new Gatecrasher Digital CDs?

I have -- and have to say that it's not very consistent, compared to their previous releases, even though Scott Bond's mixing is on.

It is three discs. Disc One has three memorable tracks:

the first track, which is by the Art of Trance and has a sweet bass riff (remember "Madagascar?"). After that, I usually I just skip all the way to track 14 which is "Dance Valley Theme" by System F and is a true motivator intended to raise spirits. Track 15 is an incredibly etheral track by Push (remember "Strange World"?) which is the best underground track I've heard in a long time.

Disc Two is comprised of very techy-trance songs which sound cold and heavy. I like track 3 Marco V's "Simulated," track 6 Mauro Picotto's "Verdi," and a few others. The last track on Disc Two is a tune titled "Electronic Technology" by Norman DJ. I'm still trying to get word as to whether Norman DJ is Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim, but nobody knows.

Disc Three is chill town with most of it being suitable for velvet tapestry, hors d'ourves, and martini stirs. Very difficult to get up to. Very easy to turn off.

If you know somebody that owns the set, record it or burn it.

Definitely listen to it before you buy.

Anybody else like any tracks from Gatecrasher Digital?