Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Sound Systems in NJ

TYCO, YOU MUST GIVE A LEAST HALF CREDIT TO MIKE BECAUSE THE SUBS IN MERGE ARE THE SAME SUBS THAT WERE IN THE BERMUDA CLUB. WHEN PETE BOUGHT THE BERMUDA TO CREATE MERGE HE OF COURSE GOT ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT......THE ONLY PIECES OF THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM HE KEPT AND INCORPERATED IN THE NEW SYSTEM WERE THE ORIGINAL SUBS (4 of them with front extensions) AND THE TWEETER ARRAYS....SOMEONE JUST PUT THERE NAME ON SOME OF THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT....SO THEREFORE TYCO, IF YOU LIKE THE BASS AT MERGE, THE SUB BASS CABINENETS WERE BUILT BY MIKE SO GIVE THE MAN SOME LOVE.

ACTUALLY MERGE USED TO BE CALLED "PANACHE" IN THE MID TO LATE 80"S AND THAT'S WHEN THESE CABINETS WERE INSTALLED, THEN IT BECAME "JJ ROCKERS", THEN "BERMUDA CLUB", AND NOW "MERGE." THEY HAVE BEEN IN THAT BUILDING FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS (NOW THAT'S QUALITY CABINETMAKING)

CLASS DISMISSED!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kirklop

TYCO, YOU MUST GIVE A LEAST HALF CREDIT TO MIKE BECAUSE THE SUBS IN MERGE ARE THE SAME SUBS THAT WERE IN THE BERMUDA CLUB. WHEN PETE BOUGHT THE BERMUDA TO CREATE MERGE HE OF COURSE GOT ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT......THE ONLY PIECES OF THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM HE KEPT AND INCORPERATED IN THE NEW SYSTEM WERE THE ORIGINAL SUBS (4 of them with front extensions) AND THE TWEETER ARRAYS....SOMEONE JUST PUT THERE NAME ON SOME OF THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT....SO THEREFORE TYCO, IF YOU LIKE THE BASS AT MERGE, THE SUB BASS CABINENETS WERE BUILT BY MIKE SO GIVE THE MAN SOME LOVE.

ACTUALLY MERGE USED TO BE CALLED "PANACHE" IN THE MID TO LATE 80"S AND THAT'S WHEN THESE CABINETS WERE INSTALLED, THEN IT BECAME "JJ ROCKERS", THEN "BERMUDA CLUB", AND NOW "MERGE." THEY HAVE BEEN IN THAT BUILDING FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS (NOW THAT'S QUALITY CABINETMAKING)

CLASS DISMISSED!

oh I surely give him credit........I mean, the guy has installed systems in 90% of the more popular venues in this state, then he must be doing something right........in fact, I've said a few time in this thread that his systems were good.......but for the sound I look for, they haven't blown my mind.......if he had a part of Merge, then I will def believe he has the skills to produce such sound but possibly was aiming for a different sound in the other clubs.......for instance, a very bass heavy system in Tempts probably wouldn't fly too well with the Denny's style and the expectations of the crowd......the tempts crowd(I'm one of them) likes it loud in your face......his systems accomplish that very well.......I def give him credit.

but I can't say I like those systems better than the orignal Phazon in Twilo.......maybe a bad comparison for many reasons but I'm just trying to show what sound I enjoy to account for my answers to the original question.......both are good, different ways.....:D

btw, where are you resident this summer? I def had a blast many nights at Surf last summer.....:D Djais?

OK Abyss has the best system when someone who knows about it is playing on it. I have noticed the sound get alittle bad myself. Problem is that DJ are turning and cranking EQ knobs to get some effects and if fucks up the overall sound quality sometimes. And sometimes they dont even realize how it sound because the DJ booth is a dead spot for sound unless the monitor is on.

Bottom line is a system is only as good as the man behind it. Twilo system was king because the system was always being checked and upkept.

Originally posted by boywonder77

Do you remember when the beach club was Hollywood's, and Tempts was the Chatterbox? You got to be careful not to date yourself old man.

TAKE IT EASY................HOW ABOUT WHEN XS WAS "MASQUERADE"...BEFORE THAT "MR HIPS"...BEFORE THAT "BABY O'S"....NOW THAT'S A OLD SHOOL MEMORY

HOW ABOUT WHEN YAKETY YAK WAS "CHANGES"

TEMPTATIONS WAS ALWAYS TEMPTATIONS

CHATTERBOX WAS MONTEGO BAY THEN CHATTERBOX

Originally posted by A to Z

Wait til you hear Merge's system ths summer...............nuff said ;)

peace

Mendez

Is Merge getting a new sound system?If so I would like to hear it,last summer I really could'nt judge the sound system that well due to the fact that there were only about 30 people in the club @1am..........but I wish them luck this summer, it take balls to compete with Temps and XS...............................LOL JLEE