Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD single pick of the week by Sydnie

New thread to talk about... My CD single pick for the week, is, actually I got it last week but I've been incapacitated < is that a word? sounds good to me, lol.... anyhow, it's "In These Shoes" by Bette Midler; Remixed by Johathan Peters. Anyone else heard this song? I haven't heard it played at any clubs... YET. Have you heard this song? Well, JP did some fine work in the vocal re production and remixes of this song, it's an older song originally done by Kirsty MacColl, she's an Irish singer-writer who have done some work with the Pogues, Elvis Costello and such.... Anyhow, If you are a fan of JP and you like vocals with alot of percussion in the mix, sample this song, it's worth the money to hear this single.

< chillin to the beats of Transport 3: Sandra Collins

Guest saleen351

Well pressure is finaly out, haven't heard it yet, but its on its way, but my pick is a cheese track...

Derb on Earth.....

i bought sasha's glogal underground cd 2 weeks ago..played it for 3 day straight..hands down my favorite trance cd..there were times i had to take my headphones off cuz i'd get tranced and not do anything for a few minutes

keep em comin

i listen to music all day at work i need some new stuff

Originally posted by sydnie

New thread to talk about... My CD single pick for the week, is, actually I got it last week but I've been incapacitated < is that a word? sounds good to me, lol.... anyhow, it's "In These Shoes" by Bette Midler; Remixed by Johathan Peters. Anyone else heard this song? I haven't heard it played at any clubs... YET. Have you heard this song? Well, JP did some fine work in the vocal re production and remixes of this song, it's an older song originally done by Kirsty MacColl, she's an Irish singer-writer who have done some work with the Pogues, Elvis Costello and such.... Anyhow, If you are a fan of JP and you like vocals with alot of percussion in the mix, sample this song, it's worth the money to hear this single.

Is it the vocal mix or the dub? The vocal mix is aight, but the dub is absolutely retarded! they have both been out for about a year. I never heard the vocal mix at SF but JP rocked the dub on his birthday bash last year. Can you say bonkers!!!

2) Sarah Crackell LIPSLIDE , former vocalist of Saint Etienne. This is a very mellow, laid back sound, vocals, something to listen to when you're having that 1st cup of coffee/tea in the morning.

ooops, CORRECTION! the artist's last name is spelt CRACKNELL, sorry

Originally posted by whatevaman

Is it the vocal mix or the dub? The vocal mix is aight, but the dub is absolutely retarded! they have both been out for about a year. I never heard the vocal mix at SF but JP rocked the dub on his birthday bash last year. Can you say bonkers!!!

both, all the remix is in this cd... i went to SF a few time but nefer heard him play this... then again, he would hardly paly the same songs everyweek... he just F's n' teases with your mind and loops a 3 minute song into half an hour!

Originally posted by StArBrYte

Sydnie I was just looking at old threads out of boredom and found this one... so I downloaded the song and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! It's so awesome... :D

great vocals by the miss great divine, bette midler, how cool is the opening vocals? shut the fuck up! lmao... it's still my fave single, hasnt left my cd player since i bought it... SO, r u up for champs this wed???

That song is over a year old...but it's still a good one.

Peace!:)

great vocals by the miss great divine, bette midler, how cool is the opening vocals? shut the fuck up! lmao... it's still my fave single, hasnt left my cd player since i bought it... SO, r u up for champs this wed???

I haven't stopped listening to it yet either!!!! I love it!

Ummmmm.... about Champps... is it still on? I asked someone at work to switch days with me so I would be off but she still hasn't gotten back to me. But I want to go so bad! If she doesn't call me soon... should I call in sick? :puke:

hahahahahahahahahah:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by StArBrYte

I haven't stopped listening to it yet either!!!! I love it!

Ummmmm.... about Champps... is it still on? I asked someone at work to switch days with me so I would be off but she still hasn't gotten back to me. But I want to go so bad! If she doesn't call me soon... should I call in sick? :puke:

hahahahahahahahahah:laugh: :laugh:

oh why not? go out... no work OR WORK, it hasnt stopped me yet, lol, well, i have missed a few work days but what the heck, you only live once

Guest saleen351

Safire feat. Cynthia Lamond - Can You Stand The Rain (Richie Santana Mix).mp3

HOT!!!!!!!!!!

I got to talk to RS in the booth last week at xs, such a cool guy, this shit is gonna blow up, he did it a month ago.....check it out, he reads the board every now and then so give him some feed back...