Clubplanet Nightlife Community

about space

james954

since the popular thing to do on here is to bash space, and i know i've personally had a few harsh words myself, but at this time i'd like to compliment space on last saturday night when DT was in town.

the door was absolutely NO hassle, there was NO "strict" dresscode in effect. i blew in w/ sneakers no problem. the vibe was really low key and friendly. no muscle meatheads so to speak of. just people who love music and came to dance.

dannys mixing was off, but his track selection was spot on. he rarely raised the BPM's above 125, and took us all on a floaty orgasmic chilled out journey. mixing aside, this was a set that sasha would have put together back in 1996. only w/ that tenaglia edge.

but back to the club. one thing i've always liked about space, is the fact that they always have those little ladies coming around sweeping up and removing the discarded cups, bottles etc. this is a nice touch. the soundsystem still blows anything away in florida, probably the entire east coast. i dig the lighting rig in there. the cyrogenix are great. those are the reasons i come back when a dj i like is playing. ivanno is amazing on the patio. you can't go wrong w/ that.

the door policy is the only thing that needs to be reworked. and for danny's nights at least, you guys have done that. thank you.

i hope this becomes more of a regular thing in there. now bring sasha in. and not just during conference!

and remember... "be yourself" should not just be the slogan for danny's night, but the norm on all the nights!

Originally posted by james954

since the popular thing to do on here is to bash space, and i know i've personally had a few harsh words myself, but at this time i'd like to compliment space on last saturday night when DT was in town.

the door was absolutely NO hassle, there was NO "strict" dresscode in effect. i blew in w/ sneakers no problem. the vibe was really low key and friendly. no muscle meatheads so to speak of. just people who love music and came to dance.

dannys mixing was off, but his track selection was spot on. he rarely raised the BPM's above 125, and took us all on a floaty orgasmic chilled out journey. mixing aside, this was a set that sasha would have put together back in 1996. only w/ that tenaglia edge.

but back to the club. one thing i've always liked about space, is the fact that they always have those little ladies coming around sweeping up and removing the discarded cups, bottles etc. this is a nice touch. the soundsystem still blows anything away in florida, probably the entire east coast. i dig the lighting rig in there. the cyrogenix are great. those are the reasons i come back when a dj i like is playing. ivanno is amazing on the patio. you can't go wrong w/ that.

the door policy is the only thing that needs to be reworked. and for danny's nights at least, you guys have done that. thank you.

i hope this becomes more of a regular thing in there. now bring sasha in. and not just during conference!

and remember... "be yourself" should not just be the slogan for danny's night, but the norm on all the nights!

Well done, james!!

As I said before, Space is maturing as a club. The Dress code has been relaxed; for quite some time now. In fact after 5:00am, there is no real dress code. My philosophy is; I leave my analyzing cap off, and just enjoy the experience. Kind of makes for a better evening/morning.

Hey Diego, what's doing?

In my opinion, the dress code issue is debatable. Obviously, clubs use it to get certain type(s) in and keep other type(s) out. I guess that's ok if you are assembling a social club, but if you are entertaining true music and dance fans, then you ought to be prepared to admit them in any attire as the music and the dancing would do the screening for you. Within reason, of course.

Anyways, did anyone notice that most South Floridians were frozen solid into the warmth of their homes this past weekend? Maybe that had something to do with it... ;)

Oh and by the way - I've never had a bad time at Space. It's definitely at the top of my list.

Originally posted by Nolimit

dress codes are wack as hell anyway. i guess they took notice when they went to SPACE IBIZA and observed that ANYONE can go in wearing whatever they please.

now that's the bomb.

This is very true. You could go to Space barefoot and in your underwear in IBIZA.

Originally posted by Nolimit

what's up bro? i hope you're getting ready for march madness. weren't u just up here?

March Madness? Right on! To steal a quote from Nike, "What are you training for?" Totally planning to be in full effect.

I was in NYC in mid-December and will be there next Friday as well. Definitely craving my DT fix...