Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Asia de Cuba or Man Ray??????

Me and some friends wanted to go eat at an Asian (or Pan Asian) restaurant on Saturday night:

My orignal choice was Tao, but its booked for a prv. party.

I heard of Asia de Cuba and Man Ray, can anyone let me know how each one is?

And if you know of any other good Asian restuarants in the City.

Thanks India

If you are looking for a cool scene along with your pan-asian cuisine, which clearly you are, I highly recommend TanDa on 24th and central park south...its the same owners of the once great and now defunct Moomba...very sex and the city type of atmosphere with a pretty interesting and creative menu...chill bar lounge area as well. Make sure to get a table upstairs, downstairs is boring and not worth going for.

As for Man Ray and AdC... The food in AdC is always fab, but the scene there IMO is a bit stale...as for Man Ray, I've only been for drinks, but here the food is pretty inferior...and not worth the attitude. You may also want to check out AZ...probably the best pan-asian fusion spot in the city right now.

Asia de Cuba is my favorite restaurant ever. I have been there may be 6-7 times. All you need to get there is Tikki Pukka Pukka, calimari salad (it is too good to describe), lobster mash, and the martinis (the green apple) aer very good. The reservations might be not easy to get. If you get them, ask for the seating upstairs. Its more quite and more personal. You get to see everything going on inside and be right in the middle of it. For a restaurant of that class, I thought it would be muh more expensive. For 2 people - we had 2 drinks, appetizers and 2 main courses - 110. Not expensive at all.

Originally posted by gravity

and that is the exact reason for the decline in NYC restaurants...NJ patrons.

I would choose Asia De Cuba over Manray. Manray is definately the "in" place right now but the food does not compare to Asia De Cuba. I've eaten at AZ a few times and its good but the portions are very small and it's pricey. I still love Mr. Chow's. Its a little overpriced but the food is always delicious.

no need to start the whole ny vs nj drama routine...it's been done too many times on these boards and I don't believe in it. I say one could enjoy the best of both worlds.

I actually grew up in nyc and lived here for 23 years & I currently work here. I've been living in nj for almost 2 years now. Don't get me wrong, I remember all the joisey jokes I use to crack, but you gotta learn to take the good with the bad.

Go to AZ!!!!

I work a few doors down, and damn, the food is soooo good, and the place itself...gorgeous..

Its on 17th street off of 5th ave...where the old "flowers" used to be...

if you make reservations, ask to sit on the top floor roof deck,,,

also has a beautiful lounge on the bottom floor...