Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hotel Recommendation!

Abstrakt

Dude...both of those places are a dump. You get what you pay for though. If you want a 10 by 12 room and don't care, go with your choices.

Try Winterhaven or Dorchester Suites. I like those places for the money. A friend of mine got her all her shit rummaged through at the Shelley so don't go there.

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Waldorf. You can't control the AC and it's loud as shit. I remember one morning at 8 AM Sunday morning smoking cigs, drinking beer, Excedrin PM...anything to help me pass the fuck out. The room was 80 degrees (even with a ceiling fan) and people were taking out the trash and being loud in the alley outside. It SUCKED.

By the way, for those of us that occasionally travel in the other direction - to NYC - I definitely recommend The Hudson Hotel on 9th Avenue and 59th Street. It's not too overpriced and while small, the rooms are sweet - Philip Starck design at his best. And the lobby and the bar will impress the hell out of your companions.

No, I don't get any commissions...

Originally posted by staceyg5

resident, my friend works there-lol

def nice small chill place :)

right stacy suuuure...we all know you run your business out of that place and bang all the geeky clubplanet nerds.....

"oooh i love your # 345th post you message board maniac you"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Royalton is another place designed by Philip Starck, right? He's awesome - his hotels are SO nice to hang out at. I think he designed a hotel in South Beach, too, but I can't remember which. I would definitely recommend looking it up and staying there if you can afford it - it really puts a great touch on your vacation.

I would imagine that if you're staying at a place of that caliber, the concierge might help you out with VIP passes to clubs as well.