Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roxy wasnt all that tonight

I had a really good time tonight, my first time at roxy on a club night, the first time I went to that venue was for a Nofx, Hepcat show, I had a REALLY gOOd time, and I am glad that I'm promoting the party, that place reminds me of twilo a bit, not so much the people, but the set up, one big room, an energetic crowd, NERO defenitely dropped some ish and JV blew shit up as usual, GooD Luck Nero on the whole aussie thing, see everybody next Friday. . .<MiKeMc)~ ~ ~

Nero spun most of the vocals. Admittedly JV was weak until about 4-4:30. Cleared the crowd, then started dropping the ill beats. Most everything following needle destruction was sick. Best part of the night was Paranoid!

I wish he'd play some stuff like that, maybe Darkside or Open your Mind... or *gasp* Jackie Nova =-o

I had a good time. Beautiful crowd, but other than the CP people I chilled with (and a few other exceptions), I thought the crowd was rather lame and lacked personality. I guess that's cuz it's a relatively new party, but maybe that's attributable to something else, I dunno. And the place just starts clearing out too damn early.

Another off the hook night once again at ROXY. Nero started off the night with a great set! NERO!!! wahoo.. lol. You did awesome hun. Someone was telling me that if JV sucked you better go back on. That came from a die hard JV fan!!! So, are you gonna spin anwhere in NYC before you leave us? Let me know, you know I'll be there. It was great seeing Nero (like always), MikeMC and Tunnelbandit, Its been soo long (Our Little Huddle-bless tunnel RIP :( ), MSoprano pleasure like always, Cloth (I think you said your name was, if not, Im sorry), Foxy roxy and Lanie (thanx for the comp card and helping me out w/ getting my friends cards). See you all next week and hopefully I'll meet more of you!!!! Trancend where were you all night???

mwaaaz

Originally posted by deeprock

I had a good time. Beautiful crowd, but other than the CP people I chilled with (and a few other exceptions), I thought the crowd was rather lame and lacked personality. I guess that's cuz it's a relatively new party, but maybe that's attributable to something else, I dunno. And the place just starts clearing out too damn early.

I know what you mean about the club clearing out early... Need some more druggies in there :D

well my night at the roxy was off the wall. music was great. was there with alot of friends. and thats all i need. also a drink or two. i love it when i get the drink tickets. saves me a bundle. anyway i think johnny started playing at his best later cause he wants the crowd to stay later. who knows. maybe they should get another top dj to do afterhours. how sick would that be. all you gotta do is stay in the same club. well i went nutts when 'space melody" and "paranoid" came on. rocked my world. and i have also seen alot of people in there lately. madd people from exit. even paris from factory was there. oh well i guess they know this party is here to stay.

Z

i got some pics so i will post them up soon if anyone would like to check them out.

The only complaint I had about last night was the fact that the line to get in is so damn disorganized. Was on line at 11, got in the club alittle after 12 but I still had to pay(I thought CP list was free till 2). But thats another story. Other than that, I had alot of fun last night. Once I got in I got my gold card, met some people from the board and then proceeded to the dancefloor. Nero did a good job opening up. I was loving every minute of Moments when he dropped it. Chilled in the CP lounge for abit before Vicious came on. He was pretty good last night but I think he's still trying to find the right sound for the club. I left alittle early because some of the people I was with had issues and I had to drive them home. But overall it was a pretty good night. Now I cant wait till next week...

Shoutouts to the people I met last night: Msoprano, Pfloyd, Ggfella, Quoth, BrooklynKid, Spragga, and sorry to whoever else I forgot to mention.

Nero should have stayed on all night!!!!!!!

JV i love you and all but the set was kind of weak. I mean Rapture come on i think i heard that on z100 the other day. I dunno i am kind of a critic and tough to please at times but i think we need something different goin on music wise. The only saving grace is he didn't drop adrenaline. i mean i love the song but if i wanted to hear the same songs week in and week out i would go to exit.

oh well no biggie i just want a set that keeps me movin all night and i don't know ALL of the songs.

Originally posted by blaznny

Nero should have stayed on all night!!!!!!!

JV i love you and all but the set was kind of weak. I mean Rapture come on i think i heard that on z100 the other day. I dunno i am kind of a critic and tough to please at times but i think we need something different goin on music wise. The only saving grace is he didn't drop adrenaline. i mean i love the song but if i wanted to hear the same songs week in and week out i would go to exit.

oh well no biggie i just want a set that keeps me movin all night and i don't know ALL of the songs.

werd:D I THOUGHT NERO WAS DOPE!

Originally posted by blaznny

but if i wanted to hear the same songs week in and week out i would go to exit.

:AHEM: What is that supposed to mean?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aww sweetie, you know what Exit sucked so bad last night, and all I could think about was how all my CPers were at Roxy listening to quality sets.. made me depressed.. didn't dance like I usually do.. :( :( :(

Definately had a good time last night...picked up my card and got in free....cant ask for anything more.....got into the CP lounge and hung out there for like 10 min.....met a few heads....JV got real good late around like 430 and highlight of the night for me was definately Paranoid....that track is insane...lefft around 5 and hit up vinyl and thats a whole different story

Originally posted by present-tense

Definately had a good time last night...picked up my card and got in free....cant ask for anything more.....got into the CP lounge and hung out there for like 10 min.....met a few heads....JV got real good late around like 430 and highlight of the night for me was definately Paranoid....that track is insane...lefft around 5 and hit up vinyl and thats a whole different story

Bitch you know we missed Trippin' and Rain cause your ass was dragging me out... :mad: :mad: