Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spin's review ...

digital7

Got to the old 320 spot around 11 or so with a big line already formed. Had to wait about 15 minutes or so becuase the club wasn't opened yet. Noticed that the door policy was pretty laid back and I was surprised? Jeans and Sneaks were let it, pretty cool, hope it stays that way. Was sort of surprised because while I was standing in line, Stephane came up to and greeted us while he didnt even acknowledged anyone else and let us right in? ok ... The open bar was great. 11 to 1, you really cant beat that with a bat, although I must admit, I did get alittle out of hand :drunk:. As I walked in through the corridor, I came up to the open dancefloor with the dj booth located directly in front. Two bars on the first floor located to the right and to the left of the enterance. The other one located in the second floor. The soundsystem was great. They have EAW Avalon 3's aligned to the left and to the right, almost above the bars. The dj booth has a Rane MP2016 with the optional XP addition for EQ'ing and the latest Denon rack mount dual cd player. Nifty stuff, wish I had that! ... The decor was nice. They have draperies hanging from the roof coming down to the second floor and had these wierd paint swirl images on the walls (atleast thats what it looked like to me) The lighting was nice (wasnt able to pin point the manufactuer, Pod?) and the roof was pretty high considering it's a relatively small club. The crowd was good, it defenitely was better than the crowd @ Space for sure. The vibe was ok, could have been better, but it will when Deep Dish rolls around next weekend! :spin2:. Don't know who the dj was around 1 or so? tempo was way too fast and he gave me a wrong song ID :( ... Met up with Kris the new marketing director for Space around 1:30 or so. We talked about Spin and Space and what she wants to do and the direction she wants. She's pretty excited about the opportunity to market two clubs instead of one (Liquid), IMO a very big responsibility. Met Louis briefly and stayed there for awhile. After left with Kris and Mina to Crobar to check out David. Walked into the door and the muzik was going off, good vibe, good crowd, good energy. David was dropping down some nice tracks and this one he had on a burned cd that I wish I would have gotten the name of!. Had a couple of drinks and left to Space for afterhours. Got to Space around 4'ish and the muzik was going off too. The crowd was good to? no hostility and rudeness? kudos! stayed there for awhile and met up with a few friends that I saw. Tony? where were you? lol ... all in all, I had a great time last night and I enjoyed the new venue that Louis put up, wish them luck ....

Spin definitely has a decent layout. I was impressed on how the designers managed to 'open' up the old 320/Barroom space. Both of those clubs seemed cramped and small in comparison. Through the skillful use of lighting and moving a lot of things around, Spin is definitely more comfortable to be in.

What impressed me the most was the overall emphasis of a 'steel' look. Semi-reflective walls and so forth manage to create something not seen in Miami these days.

As Danny said, sound was on-par with the typical Avalon install and some Nexo Alphas being used as monitors up near the DJ booth.

Lighting was actually quite well done, utilising the standard Martin LJ controller, the new fave Elation spots and washes, as well as some Coemar Digiscan fixtures.

Overall, I think this spot definitely has potential, and hopefully will stick around longer than it's predecessors.

IMO, Spin was good fun. The crowd was definitely nice than Spac has been...yet not too snobby.

Agreed--the sounds system was amazing, but I too left after about 1. The DJ lost it...too much noise not enough beats. The hip-hop room up top was fun, but a real hip hop enthusiast (not me) would have been upset at the mainstream tune selection.

Final verdict: As long as the door people stay cool, I 'd definitely keep coming back.

Originally posted by digital7

Got to Space around 4'ish and the muzik was going off too. The crowd was good to? no hostility and rudeness? kudos! stayed there for awhile and met up with a few friends that I saw. Tony? where were you? lol ... all in all, I had a great time last night and I enjoyed the new venue that Louis put up, wish them luck ....

you were at space past 4:00am, an occasion in itself. lmao have you checked your answering machine messages.. :D

1st impression I got of Spin: a mini Crobar ( especially the 2nd floor ) with lots of lighting. Very cute club, loved it. Nice lil' vibe, the muzik was good, lots of old skool tracks... All in all, the club was great, had a wounderful time. An extended thanx to Kris for always hooking it up..... :D

I have to agree with the positive comments on SPIN. The layout is simple, with simple being a good thing in this case. There is alot of room to dance and move around, and the sound and lighting is wonderful. I got there a little before 1:00, and the music seemed a little intense for being early. I guess I was expecting something a little more sedated than Space. Overall, a great addition to the Beach.