Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I see no reason why the Roxy party is actually at the Roxy.....

gravity

Originally posted by fierydesire

I agree with ya here hun. I know exactly what your talking about. That whole jerze mentality. But I must also say that I know a bunch of jersey ppl who are cool as hell and they are the ones that should fill up the clubs...

Orig..it is a general statement I made. Many of you that I have met from jerz are very cool, but I totally see what gravity is saying..

Clearly, I'm generalizing...but I'm glad you catch my drift...

BTW...I asked our buddy about you today... ;)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with ya here hun. I know exactly what your talking about. That whole jerze mentality. But I must also say that I know a bunch of jersey ppl who are cool as hell and they are the ones that should fill up the clubs...

Orig..it is a general statement I made. Many of you that I have met from jerz are very cool, but I totally see what gravity is saying..

LOL IT'S OK HUN I WAS ONLY JOKING...I REALLY DONT CARE;) I AM NOT FROM NEW YORK SO I CANT COMMENT... ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM FROM JERZ AND I GO TO CITY CLUBS ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND AND I GO TO ALL CLUBS AND HEAR ALL DIFF DJ'S SOME I GO FOR MUSIC AND SOME I GO FOR CROWD... BUT I GO TO PLEEZ MYSELF NO ONE ELSE, I CAN CARE LESS OF WUT PEOPLE THINK OF ME CAUSE OF WHERE I AM FROM, NY OR NJ AS LONG AS I HAVE FUN... :) I KNOW WUT YOU WERE STATING IN THE BEGINING GRAVITY BOUT WHY NOT HAVE THE PARTY IN JERZ... THE TRUTH IS THAT JERZ CLOSES TO EARLY AND NOT A LOT OF BIG CLUBS TO MAKE MAKE YOUR $$$$ FOR BOOKING A BIG DJ... ALSO I FEEL THAT MOST DJ'S THAT COME TO JERZ DONT PLAY TO THEIR CAPABILITY( TALENT WISE) FOR THE FACT THAT THEY ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO PUT ON A GOOD SET. IMO

PROUD TO BE FROM JERZY BUT PROUD TO PARTY IN NYC NO MATTER WUT ANYONE SAYS:biggrin:

funny I asked about you as well...;) Hmm when will you get your ass out so we can meet....

I was supposed to go to Vinyl on Friday...but shit happens...might make it down next week. Where else do you hang out...? I think we have one of the most beautiful love hate relationships this world has ever seen.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh gotta love the hate on Jersey attitude. The best part is peeps from Brooklyn that hate on Jersey. IMO Brooklyn is the typical Jersey stereotype multiplied by 37. :tongue: So if your not from Manhattan...you are not from NYC. Brooklyn,Queens,LI, SI= b&t. Put that in your pipe n smoke it.

Originally posted by gravity

I was supposed to go to Vinyl on Friday...but shit happens...might make it down next week. Where else do you hang out...? I think we have one of the most beautiful love hate relationships this world has ever seen.

I agree love-hate, beautiful eh :rolleyes::tongue:. I think VIP board was worse. My first post you nearly ripped my head off and I didn't understand you humor, but now I get you. But you wouldn't have stopped busting my balls if it wasn't for a certain someone....*ahem* Anyway, I don't have a spot, I chill in the city for the most part cause of school and my friends who live there. So try to come to vinyl friday, cause most likely I will be there. ;)

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Ahhhhhhhhhhh gotta love the hate on Jersey attitude. The best part is peeps from Brooklyn that hate on Jersey. IMO Brooklyn is the typical Jersey stereotype multiplied by 37. :tongue: So if your not from Manhattan...you are not from NYC. Brooklyn,Queens,LI, SI= b&t. Put that in your pipe n smoke it.

Hold up..you need to back the fuck up. Don't even start talking about BK hun....It is NOTHING like Jersey.....And I mean nothing like it. You shouldn't even generalize, yeah there is specific spots that I can see what your saying but you find that everywhere you go. But no way in hell is BK is worse than Jerze....shit you are just pissed cause its true what gravity says :tongue: Shit we got much more diversity and well the jersey attitude..haha...that is just a joke. :rolleyes:

Hold up..you need to back the fuck up. Don't even start talking about BK hun....It is NOTHING like Jersey.....And I mean nothing like it. You shouldn't even generalize, yeah there is specific spots that I can see what your saying but you find that everywhere you go. But no way in hell is BK is worse than Jerze....shit you are just pissed cause its true what gravity says :tongue: Shit we got much more diversity and well the jersey attitude..haha...that is just a joke. :rolleyes:

Brooklyn is a lot like Jersey....tons of greaseballs,right across the water from manhattan,and plenty of attitude.And to top it off ya have to take a bridge or a tunnel to reach manhattan.

Originally posted by kitty19

this isn't the point that gravity is trying to make, but this is my off-topic gripe with manhattanites:

most (not all, but MOST) manhattanites are NOT TRUE NEW YORKERS. everyone that can afford to live in the city are people that work in the various corporations that have offices in the city.

OR, they are attending one of the various universities/clubs that are in the city.

so yes, geographically, it is much easier and convenient for manhattanites to enjoy the nightlife that exists in the borough they call home. but most of them refer to as their real home as a state that is much farther away from NYC than say, New Jersey.

given that reasoning, i would rather have my clubs filled with TRUE NEW YORKERS from the outer boroughs (QUEENS, brooklyn, etc) and New Jersey heads moreso than the HICK GUYS from bumblefuck, USA that think they're hot shit b/c they can afford to live in the city (like the dumbasses i work with).

so for all you fellow b&t heads, keep filling up the clubs baby..! ;)

werd to that.......

we all know that this b&t bs is all in the attitude of the person and not where they are from........I'm from Jersey and I know plenty of people from here, LI, Brooklyn(which is b&t, sorry) and all the rest of the so called b&t-land that have a much better mentality than the Upper East Side yuppies or Park Ave Japs........I mean, not too many people grow up in Manhattan, let's be honest so all these people have to come from somewhere........and since Manhattan is an island, that makes vitually everyone b&t to begin with......it's where you take it from there that makes the difference........

let's be honest, a lot of NYers have some serious issues as well and if we were to generalize on that, they'd be just as bad off as the b&t crowd......worse.

What I am trying to say, is that when you live in NY, no matter where you were born and raised, there is a difference...

i would have agreed with that statement whole heartedly in the past, but i don't agree with that anymore. living in the borough of manhattan doesn't have the same glamour and status as it once did.

though i do feel that the beauty of Manhattan is ever evolving with the times, the distinctive qualities of all the pockets of neighborhoods are now quickly diminishing. the qualification needed to live in the city is now just MONEY.

the artists, bohemians, musicians that made greenwich village, soho, lower east side, etc what it is now have been forced to live in areas they can afford.. which qualifies them as b&t now. even williamsburg, bk heights, and astoria are rapidly filling up with all the creative and "true" NYC people that have fleed the rising rent prices.

areas below 14th street are now filled with yuppies and kids with rich parents that can plop their ass in an expensive loft. look at LES! times square! even harlem now! how can you even say that living in Manhattan makes any difference now?

walking down broadway in soho is like walking down americana mall in manhasset, long island.

times have changed. manhattan, long island, new jersey..

there is no difference anymore.

I love how you generalize to the fullest on Jersey but as soon as a peep about Brooklyn your quick to break it down into sections and all that.......you wanna talk diversity, are you fucking kidding me? I won't even start on that because Jersey is one of the most diverse states in this country......think what ever you want but in the end, all you people know about Jersey is what you see in Exit and on the f'ckin Sopranos.......and you're dumb enough to actually think the whole state is comprised of that.......I have nothing bad to say about Brooklyn because I don't really know but I do know you guys talking smack are pretty clueless and watch too much TV........

tyco bro I don't know why you bother... threads like this bring the quality of nightlife down. They're mutually counterproductive to you, to me, to nightlife. The bullshit gravity is pulling can be reasoned wrong on so many levels. Besides the pragmatic which I'm surprised no one but you has really nailed yet, I wake up in Queens at 4am and get the urge to put something on and go to Vinyl. The middle part of that sentence in no way discredits the last, despite gravity's insistence otherwise.

Originally posted by tyco

I love how you generalize to the fullest on Jersey but as soon as a peep about Brooklyn your quick to break it down into sections and all that.......you wanna talk diversity, are you fucking kidding me? I won't even start on that because Jersey is one of the most diverse states in this country......think what ever you want but in the end, all you people know about Jersey is what you see in Exit and on the f'ckin Sopranos.......and you're dumb enough to actually think the whole state is comprised of that.......I have nothing bad to say about Brooklyn because I don't really know but I do know you guys talking smack are pretty clueless and watch too much TV........

well I have many friends there, and I am not basing it on T.V. shows:rolleyes:

I base my opinions on people I am around, people I go to school with, people I work with, etc. I mean many people that I have met are posh, naive, ghetto and etc. But at the same time I have met down to earth mo-fos. Yeah there is diversity in BK as well and I wasn't generalizing on jersey to the extreme that you are claiming. I don't believe the whole state is comprimised of that either. So be it, it may be diverse and all, but so are many other states. I was just commenting on tunnelbandits response for making it so general. yeah we are all pretty clueless, lets bow down to your all-mighty statements. You just made a general statement...as to where people formulate their opinions.... Give me a break tyco :rolleyes:

well I have many friends there, and I am not basing it on T.V. shows:rolleyes:

I base my opinions on people I am around, people I go to school with, people I work with, etc. I mean many people that I have met are posh, naive, ghetto and etc. But at the same time I have met down to earth mo-fos. Yeah there is diversity in BK as well and I wasn't generalizing on jersey to the extreme that you are claiming. I don't believe the whole state is comprimised of that either. So be it, it may be diverse and all, but so are many other states. I was just commenting on tunnelbandits response for making it so general. yeah we are all pretty clueless, lets bow down to your all-mighty statements. You just made a general statement...as to where people formulate their opinions.... Give me a break tyco :rolleyes:

okay you're right, I did generalize but that was more sarcastic.......if you wanna be technical about it:

fierydesire - people she's around, people she goes to school with, people she works with

tyco - people he lives with, people he grew up with, people he went to school with, people he works with, people he sees and converses with everyday, his whole family most of his friends.....all this, for 22 years.

hmmmm.......you still lost by a landslide.......why don't you stick to talking about Brooklyn and leave the Jersey talk to people who know......cause you, obviously, don't........I know a bunch of people from Brooklyn but I wouldn't dare make the generalizations you ventured into........

and aphelion, you're right......as upset as I may seem in my words.....I'm just having fun and lmao........I enjoy this once in a while.:D

You're missing the point. I'm not saying that parties such as the one at Roxy shouldn't exist...I'm just saying that they shouldn't exist in Manhattan. I don't venture to LI or Jersey to go out, but I'm sure there are plenty of venues that would be suitable to such a party. If you put JV (who, btw is an excellent DJ) in a club in NJ, then you'd pretty much have the exact same party as the one at Roxy. There's no need to bring these parties into Manhattan...not only does it bring the quality of NY nightlife down, it brings down the quality of NY.

true, but..

if this plan were ever to actually be realized, i don't think any big club in the city would be left..

Roxy: b&t

soundfactory: b&t

exit: b&t(w/ maybe more an exception for junior's party)

webster hall: b&t

LL: b&t

Um.. I don't see why everyone is arguing over where people come from.. that's like being an ignorant racist.. same idea.. what does it matter if there are people from Jersey or Brooklyn or Manhattan or LI.. we're all still people, and we're all still clubbers, and we come to Roxy because we love the party.. that's like saying why are there so many Asians at Exit, they should move Exit to Japan, why is it in the USA or why are there so many white people here.. etc.. :rolleyes:

first: i dont live in manhattan but i go to school in manhattan, i work in manhattan, and i go out in manhattan. and i am as much of a NYCer as anybody here

the stereotypes you people are talking about are often true (go to World on a saturday and you will see the B&T stereotype in full effect), but they do not always apply. i choose not to live in the city just because for the same amount of money i can live in luxury, whereas in the city i would be stuck in a measily one bedroom the size of my current bathroom. parking would be another couple of hundred a month, and taxes would be another hassle. i will move to the city in a few years when i can comfortably afford a nice loft and live in luxury, but i dont think that will make me any more of a NYCer than i am now.

it is all about mentality, and not about location. i know people from jersey and brooklyn who would fit better in NYC than a lot of people who i know that live there already.

So, then go home at 5. I see no reason, why 16 year old cheese from Jersey needs to be in my city all hours of the night.

Your city!?!?! You must be kidding. Im not 16, nor from Jersey, and Im not a fan of Roxy or its crowd, but I think you should check your self righteous attitude @ the door. This city is defined by its diversity. If you cant handle it, maybe you should use one of those tunnels or bridges and get the fuck out....

Originally posted by tyco

okay you're right, I did generalize but that was more sarcastic.......if you wanna be technical about it:

fierydesire - people she's around, people she goes to school with, people she works with

tyco - people he lives with, people he grew up with, people he went to school with, people he works with, people he sees and converses with everyday, his whole family most of his friends.....all this, for 22 years.

hmmmm.......you still lost by a landslide.......why don't you stick to talking about Brooklyn and leave the Jersey talk to people who know......cause you, obviously, don't........I know a bunch of people from Brooklyn but I wouldn't dare make the generalizations you ventured into........

and aphelion, you're right......as upset as I may seem in my words.....I'm just having fun and lmao........I enjoy this once in a while.:D

:laugh: haha....you get applauded for this one, nice technicality...:rolleyes: Boy I guess you were on a role today.. Anyhow, I am not here to battle with you. Maybe I am not an expert at Jersey shit but my generalizations were made as an overall perspective of what I have seen. Isn't everyone entitled to their own opinions? :confused: I commented on all types, which you seemed to skip reading. Bk has its cheese as well as Jersey. Venture out make your generalizations, it will not bother me. My tones are of sarcasm as well....:tongue:

<~ Buddy

Gary you'd better get your snobbish manhattanite booty out this weekend...s'been way too long...

Mikey...you may win, but I am an original NJ girl and Z spends enough time with me to qualify as an expert...

Although I suppose I live in Manhattan now ;)