Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Friends with Benefits"

misskittie

I'm wondering if I am the only one who actually finds insult in that title. I feel it makes a person feel cheap and along the lines of being "used" for sexual pleasure.

Of course, we all know sex is a natural instinct. One in which we as humans require to survive. In fact, all animals require for survival of the fittest but is it necessary to sleep with someone just to? The whole idea of it is just raunchy IMO. Im good enough for sex but not good enough for a relationship?

It's sad how sex has lost meaning to people over the last few decades. Meaningless sex is much more accepted. I guess my mind is just wandering and I'm babbling but to each their own I suppose. I'd much rather share my sweet nectar with myself rather then with a friend to get off.

Guess that's why sex is practically extinct in my world...:rolleyes:

I know it does sound bad, and i don't know about you miss kittie but i don't like just being friends with benefits, whether is be with an ex or whomever, I always seem to catch some type of feelings for the guy i am having sex with, no matter what that always happens and yeah it sucks, I stopped having sex with my ex because I knew thats all it was was a "fuck" and i didn't like that b/c i knew he was fuckin other girls so It was just gross to me, but it was funny b/c the last time we had sex it made me realize that i had no more feelings for him which was good in a way I guess! But I prefer not to have sex with anyone but my boyfriends!

Well, to each there own. I known what you mean though but lately it has been the guys who I have sex with who get attached and I am not th one who wants anything. I have said this over and over...sex has become less valued and lost its meaning....:( It could be sue to all the tabooes and the way sex is portrayed this days. I mean it aint like the 1950's. Sex is so much more open and yada yada yada....ok so back to the topic at hand.....so I dont think it is an insult the title "friends w/benefits" some people like it while others don't.. just don't have meaningless sex...

Originally posted by fierydesire

Well, to each there own. I known what you mean though but lately it has been the guys who I have sex with who get attached and I am not th one who wants anything. I have said this over and over...sex has become less valued and lost its meaning....:( It could be sue to all the tabooes and the way sex is portrayed this days. I mean it aint like the 1950's. Sex is so much more open and yada yada yada....ok so back to the topic at hand.....so I dont think it is an insult the title "friends w/benefits" some people like it while others don't.. just don't have meaningless sex...

Isn't Friends with benefits having meaningless sex? At least that's what I think it is.

Originally posted by misskittie

I'm wondering if I am the only one who actually finds insult in that title. I feel it makes a person feel cheap and along the lines of being "used" for sexual pleasure.

Of course, we all know sex is a natural instinct. One in which we as humans require to survive. In fact, all animals require for survival of the fittest but is it necessary to sleep with someone just to? The whole idea of it is just raunchy IMO. Im good enough for sex but not good enough for a relationship?

It's sad how sex has lost meaning to people over the last few decades. Meaningless sex is much more accepted. I guess my mind is just wandering and I'm babbling but to each their own I suppose. I'd much rather share my sweet nectar with myself rather then with a friend to get off.

Guess that's why sex is practically extinct in my world...:rolleyes:

NO KITTIE....your definetly not the only one who isn't all about that title! Me and my ex tried to just be friends with a little something extra on the side, and it just led to chaos.

IMO, two people want to stay friends, because although the relationship is valuable to both of them...being a couple dosen't work for whatever reason. What the two people don't realize is that having the title "friends with benefits" is a little degrading. What happens if one of you meets someone you'd like to spend more time with...or even better, have sex with? The other person might feel neglected, or not enough for you...and then the whole meaning behind friends with benefits is contradicted.

You go into something like that thinking it's a way to hold on to each other, but it's not. If anything it's the fastest way to lose each other. If two people really feel that strongly about one another but just can't get it right, then they'll value the friendship that they have and count their blessings.

But like you said, to each his own...but I have learned my lesson and will stay far away from situations like that.

:D

There are points in people's lives that this type of relationship is appropriate. I went through that stage with a close friend and to this day I don't regret a thing. We both benefited from each other's intimacy without crossing the line of "where is this going?!" drama. Neither one of us felt used or cheap.

Now I'm at a point where a my relationship w/ my bf is the most important thing. I can't see myself now having a friend w/ benefits because so much has happened since that time.

'nuff of ranting.

Yeah sexuality is an urge that can in ways be taken care of by yourself, but there are so many other aspects of it that cannot- we all want to have another body there to explore, and to explore ours; to be close to, to hold, to kiss...

It's not my thing, I personally get too emotional once sex comes into the picture. But if two people can handle it- where's the harm? Who are you, or any of us, to call it "degrading" and "meaningless?" Like Fiery said, to each his own. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Originally posted by tastyt

Yeah sexuality is an urge that can in ways be taken care of by yourself, but there are so many other aspects of it that cannot- we all want to have another body there to explore, and to explore ours; to be close to, to hold, to kiss...

It's not my thing, I personally get too emotional once sex comes into the picture. But if two people can handle it- where's the harm? Who are you, or any of us, to call it "degrading" and "meaningless?" Like Fiery said, to each his own. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Well, I have no problem with satisfying myself. I dont need a man or woman to come along and help me with this...but thats me. I can kiuss anyone at anytime or hug anyone at anytime to make up for those lacking areas. I see nothing wrong with just a kiss.

But Im saying its degrading FOR MYSELF! So thats who I AM! Im making decisions for me...and last time I checked, I was somebody in my won world. Im not putting other people down if they decide to partake in this sort of random sex act. Im just saying for me myself, I think its trashy and not something I can do. I have too much respect for myself. I know Im a beautiful woman and I don't want to just "spread the love" to any Tom Dick or Harry. You gotta deserve it and earn it to taste it and feel it.

Originally posted by dgmodel

its not easy to turn down sex. can you turn down free blow?

It's extremely easy to turn down free sex. And yes, I have, can, and will turn down blow. I have no problem with that.

I'm a strong woman. It's called "having will power" my dead. Would you turn down sex with a chick who weighs 300lbs??? Now that was easy wasn't it?! :tongue:

Originally posted by misskittie

It's extremely easy to turn down free sex. And yes, I have, can, and will turn down blow. I have no problem with that.

I'm a strong woman. It's called "having will power" my dear. Would you turn down sex with a chick who weighs 300lbs??? Now that was easy wasn't it?! :tongue:

LMAO... Aiight... point well taken... however Its very hard for me to turn down sex with pretty woman when im drunk. Sober I can conquer the world, drunk>?!? no can do.

Originally posted by dgmodel

LMAO... Aiight... point well taken... however Its very hard for me to turn down sex with pretty woman when im drunk. Sober I can conquer the world, drunk>?!? no can do.

lol I know. Im just busting with ya. SOmetimes your honry and ya know it.

But one night fuck feasts are different from friends with benefits...:)