Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHAT IF POWER 96 BROADCASTED @ SPACE?? Post your sugguestion/oppinion/thought!!

biznation00

Noone knows what would happen until it happens and you start to see the effects. I would imagine that if Space broadcasted on Power 96, then the people who listen to Power 96 would be turned on to the true underground house and trance music. I really don't know what would happen if the people who were listening to Alice Deejay all of a sudden start to love Deep Dish or Digweed and Sasha, etc....

What kind of vibe will there be at clubs in the future if the underground music was exposed to the overground commercial world?

Maybe it's good because people will start to know what's up with the real shit.......Or maybe it's bad because in the long run you'll get the 90210 crowd jamming at 5am at Space to Deep Dish.....who knows?

Now if Space had their own radio station and didn't have to broadcast on crappy-ass Power 96, maybe it would help in keeping the Power 96 listeners in their genre.......How about broadcasting in the new 93.1?

I'm just throwing thoughts out.......

BAD MARKETING PLAN !

whatever happened to underground music......

Power 96 ? ? maybe they where trying to get 93.1 fm and were denied so whats next of cheesy dance music > Power 96 !

Wow whatever happened to real music ! maybe something other than radio stations > thats a thought !

idea: FlyG.:

peeps down there definitely need some schooling. if you're going to continue playing the same top 10 trance anthems, it will defeat its purpose.

kiss fm and radio 1 are the largest radio stations in england. their 2 hour mix shows cater to all tastes of dance music whether it be house, tech house, progressive, breaks, etc. it seems to be working there....

miami is a different story

:( I am not happy with idea because of the unwanted crowds that would attracted. But is true that Radio 1 and many other streaming radio stations have played great mixes from many different Djs; such as Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk.... I just think that maybe they should have used the new station 93.1 that is still unknown but has made plenty of advertisement on tv to attract new listeners. Let's cross our fingers and hope that it is all for the best. :confused:

you have to keep in mind that power 96 is no where close to what radio 1 in the uk is....if they want to strive to be that...then i believe that they have a long way to go =o/

i actually think that mengs idea of a new radio station would be great...it would be out there for people to listen to and to get exposed to...but at the same rate...not over exposed...if Space truly wants to explore new territories, then i think this would be the best way to go.....