Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stop Doing E!

I know tons of ppl who r E-heads. This is great (sarcastic tone). But whats even better is the Coke-Heads. Damn it. E is great I know I've done it. But stop fuckin doing pills right after you come off your peak. And stop doing bumps of shit to bring you back up. I mean shit. Fuckin doing all this shit is just getting in the way of the real shit. Not solving anything. (Anger is getting misdirected). I guess Im the biggest hypocrit b/c herb and alcohol is still big in my life. But my point is to not let yourself get confused just b/c all the kids around you are doing E and doing bumps doesn't mean ITS OK. IT really isn't OK. YOu don't see the effects now but shit it really fucks you up. (And trust me I've done E and other hardcore drugs.) E is hardcore since its a mix of Hardcore drugs... Anyway, just wanted to play the nagging mother for a little bit.

P.S. Everybody should just chill out

check this site out its dope.

http:///www.soulkool.com

:gas:

Originally posted by djlolita1

Like me guess another person that thinks herion & coke is in E...

actualy, E doesnt need any of that shit since it does more damage than pretty much any other drug. its damage is also the most permanant, since the serotonin vescicles cannot repair themselves after they have been damaged.

i did a whole research presentation on this at NYU, and i stumbled upon a really interesting study. prosac can eliminate the negative effects of E by keeping the dopamine out of the serotonin neurons. i'm still trying to figure out more on this, but prosac could be the next best friend of an E-head trying to keep his brain intact

anyone else hear anything about this???

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

actualy, E doesnt need any of that shit since it does more damage than pretty much any other drug. its damage is also the most permanant, since the serotonin vescicles cannot repair themselves after they have been damaged.

i did a whole research presentation on this at NYU, and i stumbled upon a really interesting study. prosac can eliminate the negative effects of E by keeping the dopamine out of the serotonin neurons. i'm still trying to figure out more on this, but prosac could be the next best friend of an E-head trying to keep his brain intact

anyone else hear anything about this???

. . SSRI's like Prozac work because they have a higher affinity for the transport mechanisms in the axon that put the serotonin in the synapse . . . Prozac, in effect, causes your axons to think that there is only a one way street for the Serotonin in the brain . . . More goes out and floats around in the synapse for a longer time . . hence, you get happier over time . .

MDMA causes the Axon to dump ALL of the Serotonin into the synapse at one time . . The danger in this is when the receptors on the dendrite become overwhelmed because of abuse and start sealing up . . which, in turn, makes you more depressed because even the normal amount of serotonin can't bind and change your mood . . Oxidants also destroy quite a bit of the serotonin after you roll cause your body is trying to get back to normal operating levels . .

. . The people that I've known that have been on SSRI's and TRIED to roll, have said that the E has almost no effect because the Prozac (Zoloft, Wellbutrin . . etc . .) has a higher affinity for the process . . therefore, the MDMA can't overcome it . . .

. . YOu want to kick a pill habit . . get a prescription for Prozac . .

taking prozac BEFORE E would null the effect of the MDMA. but taking prozac about two hours after taking E, when all of the serotonin is re-entering the neurons trhrough the uptake-transporters might make sense. the prozac would bind to the reuptake-transporters, thus blocking anything from entering the cell. theoretically, it should even maximize the effect of the MDMA by keeping the serotonin longer int he synapse, and also making sure that the dopamine doesnt get to enter the cell.

one question though: how long does dopamine stay in the synapse? after the prozac unbinds from the transporters, is there still dopamine waiting to enter the cell? and will the transporters then accept the dopamine??

I've taken an SSRI after I come down. I sleep for 3 hours the next day and I'm able to hold a conversation. Can't do that without it, I'll sleep all day and can't really hold conversation. I've never taken it while i was UP. Either way I'm pretty sure you can risk seratonin syndrome by doing this. Let's remember that there really isnt any tests going on in this country on this stuff. So we are going by what the govt is feeding us. I remember when they said that pot did brain damage. Look where that theory is now.

Originally posted by lowmazda

I've taken an SSRI after I come down. I sleep for 3 hours the next day and I'm able to hold a conversation. Can't do that without it, I'll sleep all day and can't really hold conversation. I've never taken it while i was UP. Either way I'm pretty sure you can risk seratonin syndrome by doing this. Let's remember that there really isnt any tests going on in this country on this stuff. So we are going by what the govt is feeding us. I remember when they said that pot did brain damage. Look where that theory is now.

um.... i hate to break it to you.... pot does do brain damamge

and there actually are tests being conducted on this stuff lots of research universities are testing rats, and some even monkeys with ecstacy. the study i found was done on rats. it showed that rats who were given prosac a couple of hours after ingesting E did not show brain damage, whereas those rats who were not given prosac did show brain damage.

and what is serotonin syndrome? i dont think i'm familiar with that? sounds pretty important in this

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

taking prozac BEFORE E would null the effect of the MDMA. but taking prozac about two hours after taking E, when all of the serotonin is re-entering the neurons trhrough the uptake-transporters might make sense. the prozac would bind to the reuptake-transporters, thus blocking anything from entering the cell. theoretically, it should even maximize the effect of the MDMA by keeping the serotonin longer int he synapse, and also making sure that the dopamine doesnt get to enter the cell.

one question though: how long does dopamine stay in the synapse? after the prozac unbinds from the transporters, is there still dopamine waiting to enter the cell? and will the transporters then accept the dopamine??

. . THAT is exactly what I was thinking . . I've just never had the moxy to try it . . If the prozac does it's job, then it would indeed prevent the Serotonin from re-entering the axon . . . I don't know if I would want to risk that though . . it seems like the body tries hard enough to rid itself of the reaction as it is. . trying to prolong it very unnaturally like that would, in my opinion, cause horrible damage . .

As far as Dopamine is concerned, I don't know exactly how it works, but it's prolly similar to serotonin, except the receptors on the Dendrite that the dopamine latches onto are different . . Pot is a dopamine exciter ( I believe) and I can attest to how much it fucks with you . . I've come to the realization very recently that the massive amounts of marijuana that I've smoked has, in the long run, done much more damage to me than even the pills did . . Yes it's non-adicting. . but watch out . . cause you're gonna get burned in the end . .

Would love to team up for the fight against stupidity . . these kids nowadays ( . . like I wasn't one of them . . ) seem to not care about what actually goes into the process of rolling . . then they end up, a year down the line, with a horrible case of dysthemia (extended depression) and nothing but sorrow to show for their party days . . . I used to be that, then I read some info and decided to space myself more evenly . . moderation is key . .

. . If you haven't already . . check out my E-tardism post . . search on my name . . you should find it . . It's both entertaining and informative at the same time . .

Peace . . :D

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . THAT is exactly what I was thinking . . I've just never had the moxy to try it . . If the prozac does it's job, then it would indeed prevent the Serotonin from re-entering the axon . . . I don't know if I would want to risk that though . . it seems like the body tries hard enough to rid itself of the reaction as it is. . trying to prolong it very unnaturally like that would, in my opinion, cause horrible damage . .

As far as Dopamine is concerned, I don't know exactly how it works, but it's prolly similar to serotonin, except the receptors on the Dendrite that the dopamine latches onto are different . . Pot is a dopamine exciter ( I believe) and I can attest to how much it fucks with you . . I've come to the realization very recently that the massive amounts of marijuana that I've smoked has, in the long run, done much more damage to me than even the pills did . . Yes it's non-adicting. . but watch out . . cause you're gonna get burned in the end . .

Would love to team up for the fight against stupidity . . these kids nowadays ( . . like I wasn't one of them . . ) seem to not care about what actually goes into the process of rolling . . then they end up, a year down the line, with a horrible case of dysthemia (extended depression) and nothing but sorrow to show for their party days . . . I used to be that, then I read some info and decided to space myself more evenly . . moderation is key . .

. . If you haven't already . . check out my E-tardism post . . search on my name . . you should find it . . It's both entertaining and informative at the same time . .

Peace . . :D

the dopamine actually does the damage not by latching onto dendrites, but by dissolving in the brain cells that produce the serotonin. once it dissolves, it breaks into a chlorine-type substance that damages serotonin vesicles as soon as it touches them.

eh, check this out: http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/

that is a pretty cool slide-show. it describes it with really nice diagrams. used that for a presentaion in NYU. haha, they had a good laugh with that one. professor liked it though and gave me an A.

anyway, i really want to find out about prosac though. it seems like it could work. i'll check my sources and you check yours ;)

maybe we can don our labcoats and mix up a nice concoction... damn, the Mugwumpian labs would come in handy right about now.......

find me on AIM: breakbeatz22

Originally posted by jmuneton

I know tons of ppl who r E-heads. This is great (sarcastic tone). But whats even better is the Coke-Heads. Damn it. E is great I know I've done it. But stop fuckin doing pills right after you come off your peak. And stop doing bumps of shit to bring you back up. I mean shit. Fuckin doing all this shit is just getting in the way of the real shit. Not solving anything. (Anger is getting misdirected). I guess Im the biggest hypocrit b/c herb and alcohol is still big in my life. But my point is to not let yourself get confused just b/c all the kids around you are doing E and doing bumps doesn't mean ITS OK. IT really isn't OK. YOu don't see the effects now but shit it really fucks you up. (And trust me I've done E and other hardcore drugs.) E is hardcore since its a mix of Hardcore drugs... Anyway, just wanted to play the nagging mother for a little bit.

P.S. Everybody should just chill out

check this site out its dope.

http:///www.soulkool.com

:gas:

I agree with you, I am the same point in my life... Drugs are bad mkay... :idea:

This sounds like someone is concerned about his friends' drug use, but instead of doing the smart thing and telling THEM, he decided that he should vent his frustration to random strangers on the internet. NICE!

Here's an idea: why don't you tell the people you KNOW that you think drugs are bad for THEM?