Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Verizon Dsl!

once upon a time i had dsl...

it was served by Northpoint and handled by Psn.net.

psn just handled billing.

northpoint serviced the line.

verizon, though, actually installed the line.

psn.net went under so they switched me over to telocity.

but the line was still good as long as northpoint was in business.

until northpoint went out of business.

so telocity was going to switch me to verizon, and they'd check up on the line THEY *already* installed and i'd be all good.

2 months later i call telocity to see what the fuck was going on, only to find out that Verizon was making claims that they couldn't handle being my line provider - blah blah something about being 'too far' from the data center.

even tho those fuckers installed the line in the first place!

even had the verizon tag hanging from it and everything.

bitches.

I've been using Speakeasy for two years now without any trouble other than the rare occasion when they needed to upgrade something, and that only takes a few hours which they peform late at night.

They're based outta Seattle (which is one of the reasons I signed up with them since I'm originally from WA), but they've got POPs in NYC as well as all over the country to get us a fast connection. They lease their lines thru Covad here, and when it looked like Covad was going to go bankrupt, they assured us that they'd take every action necessary so that our service wouldn't be disrupted (and it never was).

So you might want to check them out if you're looking for a stable DSL service. They've got different packages for different prices and they've even got special gamer services so you can kick much ass when playing a Quake DeathMatch.

So now that I've hyped them all up and shit, the answer is no, I do not work for them. I just think they're pretty cool since they first started out as an Internet cafe in Seattle, and now they've built their company up and have been providing me with a reliable service for a couple years.