Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any girls here ever been depressed?

tribal

im asking this because i saw a bottle of Zoloft(anti dep. medication) prescribed to my gf, in her bathroom. when i asked her about it, she said she is totally fine, and she doesnt even take those because she is not depressed. she doesnt seem to be depressed, but im really worried about her. i told her that she could talk to me anytime, and she seemed ok with everything. i dont know what to think. what are some signs of depression?

Originally posted by tribal

im asking this because i saw a bottle of Zoloft(anti dep. medication) prescribed to my gf, in her bathroom. when i asked her about it, she said she is totally fine, and she doesnt even take those because she is not depressed. she doesnt seem to be depressed, but im really worried about her. i told her that she could talk to me anytime, and she seemed ok with everything. i dont know what to think. what are some signs of depression?

Here you go...

http://www.focusas.com/Depression.html

Hey Tribal... i think i can shed some light on this one.

Zoloft is a mild antidepressant. I know because hey, i'm taking it.

I was really against it at first but i found it's not a bad thing really.

It isn't anything like prozac or paxil - it's a mood stabilizer, not just a mood-booster, if you know what i mean. I'm not a man who likes medications of any kind, but i have to admit it's helped me a lot just to function more consistently.

As far as meds go it's extremely mild. Kinda like having a beer and that nice relaxing feeling you get, except obviously it's a pill :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it - if your girl was on paxil, prozac or (gasp) Lithium, I'd be more concerned, but zoloft is real light shit. Just be with her, keep her happy and show you care about her and all will be fine. It's not meant to be a long term med, so chances are you could be more of an influence than the drug would be.

all in all... dont worry :)

Originally posted by djmoonshine

dumb question : why is the thread addressed to girls? :confused:

boys can be depressed too... :)

Actually depression is much more common among women; manic-depression is found more or less equally among the sexes. (But I'm assuming Tribal didn't know that if he doesn't know the signs of depression...)

~~~ girls definetely get depressed.............what ur girl might have is a serious case of winter blues.....it is actually a real scientific name........it happens to a lot of ppl in the winter b/c of the lack of sunlight....in cold places like alaska and siberia where there is a long winter in school they putin special lights that release the same light rays as the sun to prevent that(GOD!!! i sound like a shrink!!!!!!!)..i get the winter blues too in the summer im always happy in the winter im a really cranky depressed person..........so just be sweet and patient towads her it'll go away:)