Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Infected Mushroom@Vinyl-1/19

kramadas

OK, now most of you know that I'm a pretty hard-core prog head, but let me say this...psychadelic trance takes it all to a fuckin whole new level. Now I know why I love psy trance so much...its by far the most MENTAL of all the genres out there...I was taken on one of the most intense journeys of my life! The music is ABSOLUTELY relentless...a hard 200+ bpm bassline, with little elements and sounds and layers being added in....and then a 3-6 second breakdown, and then BAM BAM...everything is released, and your mind and body get slammed with this INCREDIBLY relentless blast of sound! And over and over again, in different sequences, beautifully mastered to deliver nothing but a mind-blowing journey....a very different kind of journey from progressive, but a journey none the less.

Its almost like you're flying in this dark tunnel at an incredible speed (with the bassline), and then all you see are flashes and shards of light flashing by, around and in front of you (those being the riffs and layers).

My first time seeing Infected and they were amazing! Vinyl was done up really well by the Tsunami people (promoters of the party), with psychadelic colors and paintings all over the place...the sound at Vinyl was the best I've heard it been. Either they really tuned the system up, or the Infected people brought their own speakers and amps.

The vibe was amazing. I guess since psy trance is still pretty much underground the people tend to be a lot friendlier. Its an older crowd, mostly Europeans (a LOT of Isrealis)... they created a vibe I haven't seen since Twilo. Imagine standing on the steps leading to the bar, overlooking the dancefloor, imagine a breakdown, and then an explosion of sound, and the WHOLE club just erupting....not even at Danny Howells have I seen this much energy!

Whew, now for two weeks of rest! :D:D:D

OK, here are the websites of the two major promoters in NYC:

www.tsunami-trance.com

www.synthetic-sadhus.com

Some of the top producers/DJs are Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Yahel, Spirit Zone, Total Eclipse...

THe site (dunno if its the official one) for Infected is:

http://www.infected.co.il/

Look on Audiogalaxy or WinMX for songs and (if you're lucky) live sets. Of course, the samples and songs you download won't do any justice to the live sets.

i listened to some of the infected mushroom tracks. it sounds kinda like acid trance. . . maybe theyre the same thing. . .or it stems from that. . .i dunno. . .like early chris liberator shiznit. . .i could enjoy it. . .i guess i'm going to have to go to an actual party to really listen. . .

Originally posted by raver_mania

So, did any of you guys check the stuff out? Whatcha think?

i got a couple of psytrance cd's at home, one is from tsunami and the other i cant remember, but that shit is definitely high energy stuff, not for weeklings....

Thing with psy trance is...the actual set is a lot better than the CDs (well, thats true with anything, I guess). What I mean to say is, that the mental trip of a live set cannot be achieved through just listening to CDs. Yeah, the best way is to go to a party...

We should definitely go to one in NYC.

BTW, Vic, I think I have the same Tsunami CD...dunno, I'm not digging the CD that much. Something like Spirit Zone is a lot better.

And Scratch, yeah, I think psy trance has some roots in acid trance, but it seems like the recent stuff is a lot more progressive.

Hehehe...I sound like a salesman for psy trance!!! :0 :0

Originally posted by vicman

i got a couple of psytrance cd's at home, one is from tsunami and the other i cant remember, but that shit is definitely high energy stuff, not for weeklings....

hey vic, hook me up with a copy! i've never heard anything in that genre...