Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i need I-95 traffic reports!!!

LOL! :D this is like the 2nd thread u posted about traffic reports, dude!

You should try out to be one of those "helicopter-traffic" reporters so you'll ALWAYS be in the know ;)

LoL, U seem to be leaving at peak traffic times (5:oopm , 8 am)

is there any way u could leave earlier?/?

5:00pm.... u will hit traffic without a doubt over the GWB and then up to the City island exit.... its probbaly like 10 miles of traffic after the GWB , and then probably cruise up to about exit 8 in CT where u'll definitly hit traffic in Stamford. depending on the day, you might be able to cruise but there are always random areas where there is mad traffic and it seems like there is nothing causing it (except rush hour of course). Another traffic area comes up at about exit 14 - 17 in CT, abd then about the low 20s. I dont know where u are going, but thats as far as i go (up to exit 22... Fairfield.... where i go to school) i just got home from there right now actually... the roads are icy too.) the ride sucks druing traffic, it can make a one hour trip, a 2 hour trip. u never know though.... sometimes it just flies.

i dont exactly know about the morning though... i bet its similar coming home, and i bet u will hit a ton of traffic over the GWB.

hope there no traffic....... peace.

Originally posted by jbocc10

5:00pm.... u will hit traffic without a doubt over the GWB and then up to the City island exit.... its probbaly like 10 miles of traffic after the GWB , and then probably cruise up to about exit 8 in CT where u'll definitly hit traffic in Stamford. depending on the day, you might be able to cruise but there are always random areas where there is mad traffic and it seems like there is nothing causing it (except rush hour of course). Another traffic area comes up at about exit 14 - 17 in CT, abd then about the low 20s. I dont know where u are going, but thats as far as i go (up to exit 22... Fairfield.... where i go to school) i just got home from there right now actually... the roads are icy too.) the ride sucks druing traffic, it can make a one hour trip, a 2 hour trip. u never know though.... sometimes it just flies.

i dont exactly know about the morning though... i bet its similar coming home, and i bet u will hit a ton of traffic over the GWB.

hope there no traffic....... peace.

yeah im going to exit 8

What part of Jersey you coming from Justin? . .

Basically, you'll be going towards the city at the tail end of the morning rush SO . . . . . You'll have to go down 95, connect to the Cross Bronx and Take that to the George Washington, which will, in turn throw you onto the turnpike in Jersey . . .

. . . I'd say It's gonna take you over an hour . . . easy . . .

There are other routes you could take as well in order to avoid the traffic . . . You could take 287 Westbound near the Connecticut/NY state line (it's the big interchange, you can't miss it) over to the Thruway south, hop on the Cross Bronx and be at the GW bridge . . .

OR. . . you could go over the Tappan Zee bridge and take 287 south when it splits from the Thruway . . .

. . I could think of a hundred different ways . . but what it comes down to is . . On a friday morning, no matter which way you choose, getting to Jersey from CT is a BITCH . . . . Ready!! . . Set!!! . . PARK!!! . . . .