Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Saturday at River St in Hoboken

I will be spinning at River St. in Hoboken this Saturday from 9PM until 2:45 AM. It will be a great warm up for JP's bday at SoundFactory. I will be rocking all my favorites genres of house music (progressive, commercial, tribal and tech) and def look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. For more info e-mail me at Speshlj@aol.com.

Justin

Originally posted by dancensmile

How is River Street usually?

****loud, sarcastic, voice booms******

It is great!!!!!!! I love the staff especially....they are so nice, accomadating and if you are in the business, they REALLY know how to take care of you......Seriously, it sounds fun, I guess I just had a bad experience!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

****loud, sarcastic, voice booms******

It is great!!!!!!! I love the staff especially....they are so nice, accomadating and if you are in the business, they REALLY know how to take care of you......Seriously, it sounds fun, I guess I just had a bad experience!!!!!!!!!!

How did I know this was coming?...LOL

:)

From working at river street in the past i have all nice things to say about the place except for the front room dj he really blows. He always wears tank tops thinking hes mr t and hes like 4'11 ask clubangel she always used to get hit on by him. The club is a minature soundfactory in the back room. If your a dj its horrible because you cant even see the crowd from the dj booth. Drinks are somewhat reasonable but lets face the facts hoboken isnt like what it used to be

Originally posted by slyonspromos

From working at river street in the past i have all nice things to say about the place except for the front room dj he really blows. He always wears tank tops thinking hes mr t and hes like 4'11 ask clubangel she always used to get hit on by him. The club is a minature soundfactory in the back room. If your a dj its horrible because you cant even see the crowd from the dj booth. Drinks are somewhat reasonable but lets face the facts hoboken isnt like what it used to be

LMAO...omg..Steve, your hilarious....You must be talking about DJ Al...the funny thing is that after he stopped hitting on me...he hit on my roommate, then another friend..then actually any girl I decided to bring in the place....Now its even funnier ...when I go there now he pretends that he has no clue who me or any of my friends are and acts like such a complete and total DICK..we actually find it quite amusing!...and he does suck!

:)

i went like 3 saturdays ago or something.....and it was packed.....the music was really good .....but only one draw back......the crowd was horrible looking......i saw maybe 4 decent girls in there........... (sorry this is a guys review) but.......other than that it was good......

YEAH THATS HIS NAME DJ AL THE MIDGET. in the summer i remember he used to kill the crowd in the front room even had me crying at times. If you like river street definitely go to the old manager of river streets new spot Screweys Bar on 337 kearny ave in kearny i will be there saturday but if u ever go there just ask for rocco and tell him your a friend hell drop a few drinks for you

You all forgot the best part of DJ Al, he somehow had the KTU "working the mix" voice guy do a promo for him. The guy plays the worst music no matter what your into, then while killing you buzz over the music you hear the plug

"DJ AL....WOR WOR WOR WORKING THE MIX!"

Uncle Buc actually heckled him once...

Originally posted by dancensmile

Definitely gonna check out screwey's my friend went said it was very good there... river street... maybe check it out & if it sucks i'll leave & go somewhere else... there's always somewhere to go :) Thank you very much for all the info :)

I promise you i'll rip up the House room music. Though i plan on getting progressively harder as the night goes on, so if you're there at 10 and i'm playing soft, don't think that's what im' doin all night.

I hope the night goes well b/c i think with the right people and the right music river st has a great set up......especially for hoboken....

OH and people can email any requests or ask me there, though i hear they are strict about not letting people in the booth.....

Justin

Originally posted by laurie619

I'll keep that in mine Justin, I can be like one of those girls that go up to the DJ and say....OH OH OH PLEASE PLAY "DERB" PLEASE PLEASE....:laugh: You know what I'm talking about :D

let me tell you the first time i spun at cheetah was the worst. I had spun at a few big clubs b4 but never being right on the dancefloor. I got there early to figure shit out, and there was a 10 year HS reunion going on. I was all panicked trying to figure shit out and these 2 girls kept tapping me and i'd be like "one minute PLEASE" as nicely as I could respond. I'd put the headphones back on and not 2 seconds later TAP TAP TAP....

needless to say after 4 rounds of this I finally asked what they wanted to hear and they wanted WHAM or George Michael shit. I knew I was in for a long night then....lol

ANd one of my best friends is this promoter who will nag me all night to play 1000 different songs. It's all good b/c i watch him do it to Boris, Shawn Ink, Richie Rydell....

If Jonathan Peters didn't lock his booth, he'd be there tooooo

lol

justin

Originally posted by djdanfury

i went like 3 saturdays ago or something.....and it was packed.....the music was really good .....but only one draw back......the crowd was horrible looking......i saw maybe 4 decent girls in there........... (sorry this is a guys review) but.......other than that it was good......

I completely agree with you. I used to frequent River St back in the day and went at random a few weeks ago. I noticed that it houses a VERY sketchy crowd. That place is filled with busted guys and slam pigs. The music was decent though.