Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how to make an acapella

petedrags

Originally posted by petedrags

i'm from everett...and i'm 15...so unless i have like a 1000 dollar fake id then no i won't see you...but you might see my bro there...halodbent...but he very seldom posts on the music boards...

hey im around ure age... i manage :D drop me an IM i will tell u the hott spots in NYC (if u ever come here)... you gotta look a like ure 16 to get in... thats bout it...

Originally posted by petedrags

wasn't my question...never wanted to...strictly for samples

. . . Well . . It's tricky to explain . . but I think I remember how it goes . . .

. . . Most pieces of music are mastered in such a way that the Vocal Channel is the center channel of the music. . . The chords, drums and the like are on the left and right . . . . The key is isolating the frequency that the vocalists voice is running in and stripping away all the sounds from the left and right . . . As mentioned above, getting a perfect Acapella from a song is almost impossible . . but getting a VERY good rip is not . . . I remember seeing shoutouts on various CD's I've bought in the past commending the studio engineer who "stripped" the vocals from a song that was to be sampled . . . So, on top of the need for the technology (good studio equipment), you also need someone who's ear and skill with said equipment is high enough to perform the operation . . .