Clubplanet Nightlife Community

jiffy lube = a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!

I used to get those cards all the time from those quick oil change places. I've heard some horror stories about those shops. A friend of mine worked in one, some of those guys have no idea what they are doing. You get what you pay for, sometimes its worth waiting a few extra minutes and have the job done right. 10 minutes doesn't cut it. A few months ago I said fuck it, i'm not paying $30 to have a bunch of kids tell me that they changed my oil and leveled off everything else. For $1.40 a quart times 4 quarts + ~$5 a filter I started doing it myself 4 or 5 changes ago. Never again, now me and my brother do changes for the whole family.

Guest saleen351

for you business majors or professionals;

Capitalism in work:

PPL always say that its not your alarm clock its your oppurtunity clock...you could wake up tommorw and your life will be different.

Jiffy lube was started by 4 men.....heres how it went down:

3 guys go to golf, all 3 business guys are avg not rich by any means. Well one day they go to golf and in the pro shop a man asks if he could join them for a round, cause your suppose to gold in 4 somes in golf, so the 3 guys said sure, So they golf Along the way the 3 all talk about business, so one asks that stranger what he does... He turned to them and asked them if they wanted to be rich someday. They said sure but laughed jokingly. He said he had this crazy idea of opening up places for ppl to just chage their oil. The 3 said what are you nuts? The guy explained it to them, the next day all three guys got the 50k each together and gave it to this guy.....They are all now filthy rich.....

One of my fav buiness stories from college...

Originally posted by saleen351

for you business majors or professionals;

Capitalism in work:

PPL always say that its not your alarm clock its your oppurtunity clock...you could wake up tommorw and your life will be different.

Jiffy lube was started by 4 men.....heres how it went down:

3 guys go to golf, all 3 business guys are avg not rich by any means. Well one day they go to golf and in the pro shop a man asks if he could join them for a round, cause your suppose to gold in 4 somes in golf, so the 3 guys said sure, So they golf Along the way the 3 all talk about business, so one asks that stranger what he does... He turned to them and asked them if they wanted to be rich someday. They said sure but laughed jokingly. He said he had this crazy idea of opening up places for ppl to just chage their oil. The 3 said what are you nuts? The guy explained it to them, the next day all three guys got the 50k each together and gave it to this guy.....They are all now filthy rich.....

One of my fav buiness stories from college...

ive been inspired

jiffly lube always seems to screw me over, anyone else go there for an oil change and then have them tell you about all the other things your car is supposed to have done at whatever milage it happens to be at? last time I went I spent like 100 bucks getting stuff fixed/cleaned. :mad:

Originally posted by milamber3

jiffly lube always seems to screw me over, anyone else go there for an oil change and then have them tell you about all the other things your car is supposed to have done at whatever milage it happens to be at? last time I went I spent like 100 bucks getting stuff fixed/cleaned. :mad:

thats why you say you dont want it when they ask you

Hehehehe, you always get taken for a ride. Just say no, don't trust those places. I never trust mechanics, i'm always over their shoulders keeping an eye out.

Yah, but you know how much I know about cars, and wha they say makes the stuff sound like I really need it.. they always convince me to get it done :(

exactly...thats why you say no, no matter if they tell you youre not gonna make it home

Originally posted by trancend

exactly...thats why you say no, no matter if they tell you youre not gonna make it home

Exactly! Milamber, well then call me when you are at the shop and i'll tell you what to do. Or just say NO. My friend who knows a lot about cars used to get yelled at by all the mechanics for keeping his car on the road. 1984 old cutlass that was in bad shape. At one point in time the tranny actually started to separate from the engine, funny story. Ahhh, memories.