Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wmc 2002

joecrack13

Whats goin on everyone...just wanted to know if anyone knows the line up as to who is playing where and when. Also is there a dress code everywhere cause i went to shadow lounge memorial day wit just sneakers and addidas pants on. I dont mind dressing up but Ill probably ruin all my clothes from being drunk all day long. Someone let me know. Also do you need passes for all the pool parties and events in the clubs? Email me at Joeycrack13@aol.com and put WMC 2002 as the subject header.

The clubs are busy ironing out their schedules right now. Liquid has a Spundae party on the 23rd...that's the only real confirmed date.

As for dresscodes, they usually are relaxed or done away with for the duration of WMC.

The hotel parties sometimes require passes but mostly don't.

Club events do require passes.

so for example if i wanna go to that Spundae party like u mentioned im gonna need a pass or i wont get in? Or what if i wanted to go to Nikki Beach for the Radio One kickoff to WMC on Mar 22? Well since u say the clubs require passes, where do i get them, when do i get them and how much are they? Do u still need to pay a cover charge and are you guaranteed admission with them? Let me know bro cause im comin all the way from Brooklyn NYC for this

Thanks

well now that u mention it, it wouldnt be a bad idea to at least try and get a comp or 2, so where can i get those...and when u say u can get passes at the door, are passes the same thing as just paying admission...in other words are u saying that a pass = cover charge? In reference to the dress code when u said more relaxed what do u mean there cause if i can go out in addidas pants a basketball jersey and sneakers ill do it in a second...thanks for the help bro..by the way are u a promoter or a coordinator that u know all of this crap?

joecrack - to clarify, most daytime pool parties, etc. are open to all and many have a cover charge. and no dress code. just show up and pay your $$ at the door. the BBC1 party is free. some daytime parties will have guests lists...i remember the Naked Music and Giant Step parties last year were as such.

as to a nighttime dress code - if you show up at a club like Crobar/Level/Opium and try and get in on that Sat nite in sneaks and sweats...well good luck trying. many good parties do have presale tix available via ticketmaster and other sources. and you should get in w/no problem that way.

here is the WMC party list as i have it so far. in a month it will be much longer and much more detailed...

hope this helps!

March 22: BBC1 Radio Live at Nikki Beach Club 1pm - 6 pm

"Radio 1 Essential Selection vs. Lovegroove Dance Party" with Pete Tong, Danny Rampling and "a glittering line-up of US and UK talent"

March 22: United DJs of America / Contagious Musiq / Mixer Magazine

at Level feat. Doc Martin, DJ Disciple, Orion

March 23:The Soulshine Party at Surface Lounge

feat. Tony Humphries, Master Kev, David "Vibes" Tobon

March 23: Ultra4 location TBA

feat. Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Roni Size with MC Dynamite, Goldie, DJ Craze & DJ Marky with MC Skibadee, Carl Cox, BT (live), The Avalanches (woohoo!), Grooverider, AK 1200, Ray Keith, Josh Wink, Tall Paul, Christopher Lawrence, Wish FM, DJ Skribble, Hernan Cattaneo, Storm & Bailey, Max Graham, Andy C, Dazee & Empress with MC Chickaboo, DJ Rap & Wildchild & Jojo Rock with MC Chickaboo, Dieselboy, Kaos & Method One, Bad Company, Richard Marley, Juju, Gulembo, St. John, Dara, Reid Speed, DB, Mark Lewis, Alex Gold, SS, Randall, Kenny Ken, DJ Icey, Baby Anne, Gorillaz (what!!! - really????), Galaxygirl (live), Spacemen (live), Madame Mercury, Monk, Edgar V, Krust & DJ Die, Suv & Patife, Liquid Todd, Prophecy, Tommy Larock, Dufunk, Kevens (live), Planet B (live), Bad Boy Bill, DJ Dan, George Acosta, Timo Maas, Deep Dish, Kosheen (live), Rhinocerose (live), Bizz, DJ Huey + others TBA

March 23: San Francisco by Definition @ Albion Hotel

12:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.

$10 before 3:00 p.m.; $20 after; 1/2 off badges until 5:00 p.m.

feat. Garth, Markie, Rasoul, Rick Preston, Jonene, Dano, JZ, Fredness, Ellen Ferrato, M3, Buno of ETI, Nobel, Spun, Tracy, Charlotte the Baroness, Taj, Tao, Norman Stradley, Laird, Queen Agnes B, Moody Eva, and Seven + ..."three sound systems, art installations, performance art, SF visuals, etc."

March 23: Josh and Cristina's Birthday Xtravaganza- @ Radisson Deauville Resort, 6701 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL

9:00 PM, Prices to be announced

Dubcoast Music and Xplosion Records- Miami/ N.E.M. Records- UK

March 23: Sasha and Digweed - venue TBA

March 23: Carl Cox at Crobar

March 23: Deep Dish at Space

March 23: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua 6pm - 10pm

Guests TBA

March 23: Transport Recordings in Association with Moulton Studios

@ Rain

feat. Jay-J, Chris Lum, Miguel Migs, Julius Papp, Rasoul, DJ MFR, Olivier Desmet + others TBA

March 23: Spundae residency opening party at Liquid. DJs TBA

March 24: Sasha @ Opium Garden

March 24: PVD, DJ Icey @ Space

March 24: Large Records

feat. Mateo & Matos

March 24: Ovum Records party at Liquid featuring Josh Wink, Doc Martin, King Britt, David Alvarado, Pete Moss

March 24: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua 6pm - 10pm

Guests TBA

March 24: Underground Collective Recordings Party @ Surface Lounge

10 p.m. - 4 a.m. feat. Househeadz, Jon Cutler, DJ Spinna, Dennis Ferrer, DJ Romain, Phil D... "with a special performance by Taana Gardner"

March 25: Subliminal Records party at Crobar with Eric Morillo and Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero and others TBA

March 25: Danny Tenaglia @ Space

March 25: Naked Session @ Nikki Beach/3 p.m. - 12 a.m.

feat. Miguel Migs, Lazy Dog, DJ Dixon, Metro Area, Gabe Rene, Mauricio Aviles

March 25: BBE at Goddess

feat. (DJs still to be confirmed) Vikter Duplaix, Jazzanova, DJ Questlove (of the Roots), DJ Jazzy Jeff, Bugz in the Attic, Charlie Dark (of Attica Blues), DJ Spinna, DJ Peter Adarkwah

March 25: "The Beat of the World" at Opium/2 p.m. - 10 p.m.

feat. live performances by Los Amigos Invisibles, V along with Touch of Jazz Rhythm Section; a DJ set from B.O.P. and "Little Louie" Vega, Kenny Dope and Jazzy Jeff spinning world grooves

March 25: Techno Showcase at Liquid

feat. Adam Beyer, Marco Carola, John Acquaviva, Funk D'Void, Misstress Barbara, Christian Smith, Chris Liebing, Angel Alanis, Billy Nasty, Gaetano Parisio, Stryke, Jel Ford, Michel de Heij, Marco Bailey, John Selway, DJ Collete, Nigel Richards

March 25: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua 6pm - 10pm

Guests TBA

March 25: Nettwerk Party feat. DJ Tiesto

Location and other DJs TBA

March 26: Tiesto @ Space *** note the date change *** originally listed at March 22

March 26: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua 6pm - 10pm

Guests TBA

March 26: OM Party @ Goddess

feat. Mark Farina, King Britt, Marques Wyatt, Afro-Mystik

March 26: shoodBgood Miami @ Blue

feat. Medicine, differentGear, Peace Division, Nigel Richards, Eric Davenport, Nando Vazquez, Hiro, John H, DJ Lee

March 27: The Yellorange Party at Rain

feat. Tony Humphries, Todd Dimery, Dennis Gregory, Chris Conrad, Master Kev, David "Vibes" Tobon

March 27: Music is Life at Surface Lounge

feat. Deep Swing, Eddie Amador, Luis Radio, Adrian Champion, + live PA

March 27: Mixology with Mark Lewis, Carl Cox, Seb Fontaine at the Raleigh Hotel

March ????: Blade 2 Soundtrack release party

I guess my last questions then are do you need the tickets from ticketmaster or can you just pay at the door. Getting them through ticketmaster from past experiences works out better because there is usually a shorter line at a club and your guaranteed admission but since Im traveling from NYC Id rather not carry anything of importance cause Ill probably be in a drunken stupor and lose them but just let me know if its mandatory to buy tickets before or if I can just pay admission. And I figured there was a dress code I just asked cause I was in Shadow Lounge all bummed out while everyone else was decked out. My second question is, on the list you sent with the schedules listed, when do you think those dates that are TBA will be announced. And if you have a list of pool parties that would be cool too. Thanks for the info bro I appreciate it

joe, to answer your last question...it really depends on the party. last year the Sasha & Digweed show at Crobar did have presales via ticketmaster. they did let people in at the door but unless you look like a model or wanted to pay $500 for a bottle table, forget it.

but then - i went to the PVD/Carl Cox show at Space and just walked up and waited 5 minutes to get in.

what the group of people did that i went with was this. we tried to identify the 'can't miss' parties of the WMC. then we researched if there were presales available, and if so, we bought them.

check back in a month or so and that party list will be much longer with more details such as where to buy tix. there will be many more pool parties announced as the time draws near.

i'd recommend the Naked Beach party on Monday at Nikki Beach this year - it was a blast last year at the Albion Hotel.

hope that helps!