Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Fav DJ's you feel Spin like there CD's?

soldado

I can't even think of ONE. Although, I can think of a few DJs who sound MUCH better live than on CD. Sister Bliss, for example was quite a surprise at last year's WMC. DAMN! That woman TURNED IT OUT! If you listen to her CDs, however, they're quite boring. :)

Originally posted by bbflux

I can't even think of ONE. Although, I can think of a few DJs who sound MUCH better live than on CD. Sister Bliss, for example was quite a surprise at last year's WMC. DAMN! That woman TURNED IT OUT! If you listen to her CDs, however, they're quite boring. :)

Checking out sister bliss is a must this WMC! I'm not to crazy about her brother Rollo. I checked out her ministry of sound CD the track selection was pretty weak.

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Yeah Tiesto is GOOD!

How about DJ Garfield how is he live? His two CD's I've heard are good. His new CD Signatures 01 is Good.

Acosta also rocked live at Ultra 3

Oakenfold also plays pretty much the same live as in

his Cd's. :eek: :eek:

Eeeewww, please don't mis-quote me. I said Tiesto sounds the same Live as he does on his discs........I never said anything about him being good! :flame:

My favorite DJs :cool: David Padilla :eek: , Paul Oakenfold, Oscar G, Robert Miles and Paul Van Dyke :-)

I've had the pleasure of seeing all of them in different ocassions and different venues...They all had there nights that it wasn't so great. So I agree with stogiey's comment that it is really hard to always be at your very best. It's impossible.

But hey as long as I have a good time!!! :bounce::spin:

THAT'S MY 2CENTS

Tenaglia is AMAZING live. Tall Paul, however, used to be one of my faves (got the photos to prove that, heh heh heh). He had so much soul in his sets but now..... I don't know what happened to him. He's gone down the bubble gum trance road.

Padilla is another one who was SO MUCH BETTER off doing house. My friends and I laugh at it these days becuase he (David) always used to say that he would NEVER sell out and spin trance. :rolleyes:

DP Playing House? This must be back in the Warsaw Days Right? I only heard him once in the Mix, the two parties at Level last summer which were good along with EddieS who rocked the crowd. I heard him play right after Talla at Shadow this summer & he spun better than Talla.

I have been listening to DPadilla for about 5 yrs or more and I was a one of those who would NEVER miss a Friday or Saturday at the Mix. They were open I was there. During that period DP was known for the Trance that he played. :confused: I Did catch him once or maybe twice(my memory fades me) at Warsaw and I think it was more house music he played then.

But the main think about this is that, everyone has to understand this is their (DJs in general) job they have to play what is hot and what people want to hear. The quickest way to die in this business is to not know how to cross over to all areas of genere.

Padilla has been able to do that. :cool: Most DJs are afraid to do that. You have to give him some credit. I am really sick of some people dogging him like he isn't any good. :eek: Give the man the credit he deserves!!! :eek:

Life is a risk on its own, if you don't take the risk you will never know