Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IF EVERYONE THAT REALLY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT MUSIC CAME TOGETHER(Make a difference!)

If everyone that actually gave a shit about a sound...

a DJ..A vibe the NY lost years ago..If Everyone that wishes for a venue

with no attitude..with no dress codes..no snobby glam and pretentious

people..If everybody that truly and deeply in their heart loves music...

that truly adores the DJs..that lights up when that one track gets dropped

at 5:ooam..that goes insane on the dance floor and throws their hands up high..If everyone that dreams of a place where everyone is smiling..where everyone's moving..and hugging..and respecting one another on a dancefloor..

IF EVERYONE THAT CARES ABOUT NY NIGHT LIFE CAME TOGETHER..

And tried to start a night with the music and DJs the truly love.

NY WOULD GET IT'S HEART BACK IN THE CLUB SCENE.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE..

If you love clubland as much as some of us do..

and you feel something's lacking..

THROW A PARTY!

Some of the best nights in town started that way..

RENT A ROOM WITH DJs

AND MAKE A CHANGE!

Unforunatley mugzie, people must have a knowledge of music structure in order to really see and enjoy music.

Most people know little and rely on what sounds good. There is more fucking to do with it than that, there are very few true musak fans.

No wonder there is no UNITY! Its sad but true. I agree glam should die, although it shouldn't turn into club med or la trapeze.

I wouldn't even know how to start this, so in passing I will say i will go for the musak.

Originally posted by getyourgooveon

Unforunatley mugzie, people must have a knowledge of music structure in order to really see and enjoy music.

Most people know little and rely on what sounds good. There is more fucking to do with it than that, there are very few true musak fans.

No wonder there is no UNITY! Its sad but true. I agree glam should die, although it shouldn't turn into club med or la trapeze.

I wouldn't even know how to start this, so in passing I will say i will go for the musak.

ditto

-z

The reason I wrote this is because I keep

hearing people bitch. People that really, really know

music..that have been in the scene for years. I

say to them: ROUND SOME FRIENDS AND BOOK A

PARTY SOME PLACE (Pseudo, FUN, Dumbo anywhere!)

Get the DJs that spin the shit you love

and friends that love to spin and throw

something down! UNITE! MAKE A SCENE!

For me there are two types of people to me in club land:

A) Followers that just go where the sheep go..

B) INNOVATORS that love the music and get up and

do something about it (Spin records, produce music,

promote things they love, THROW PARTIES)

Which one are you then?

i can kinda see your frustration....and admire youre drive....but in reality, not everyone has the heart to go out and try and create something or make something happen.

the minimum one should do though....like you mentioned....is PROMOTE the scene they believe in. that there doesn't take much at all. look at the breaks scene here. its great to see it making it mark now, even though it's still not "fashionable". theres parties popping up left, right & center thanks to peeps like mikerob & cer, cara & glen as well as the static lot @openair.

what all these crews really need now is simply just the CONSTANT support & patronage from ALL the heads out there that feel the music.... damn, the more heads in the venues, or even better - the more heads in the venues drinking alcohol, will equate to better nites parties can be held eventually (fri/sat maybe?) and that therefore also equates to better cashflow for the organizers which will give them something to try and sway big name internationals to nyc with - for ALL our enjoyment. think about it everyone....it's not really that difficult.

anyway thats my 2c worth.....i'll be supporting 'em.

peace.

-r.

Originally posted by getyourgooveon

I disagree... not everybody needs to know how the pie is made to be able to enjoy it.... and as far as relying on what sounds good isn't that what a musician does anyways.... your attitude is quite snobby.... truth is some people have different tastes than others... and not every musician is good. Do you really need to know what a whole tone scale is to be able to enjoy music???

Originally posted by albyback

I disagree... not everybody needs to know how the pie is made to be able to enjoy it.... Do you really need to know what a whole tone scale is to be able to enjoy music???

Not to enjoy it, but I think it helps to have some knowledge if you want to appreciate it. Music is a part of some of our lives, not just something we enjoy while going out.

Ummmm, not to be the voice of reason or anything but, there are some people that have been putting parties together, and regardless of how hard the promotion, people tend to stick with what is more *well-known*. Its like a *guaranteed* good time. Mind you people do not want to fork out dough to not have a good time and complain all night. And we ALL do it at some point (guilty as charged :tongue: )...As far as sheep, yeah I agree, but at the same time, if I were not a *sheep* in the beginning of the whole club scene. I doubt, I would know many of the DJs nor styles as well (nor would be inclined to) if it weren't for friends dragging me out. So there is some good to being part of the heard. Its more about breaking away, taking what you have learned, and go out there and find a sound that suits you best...That all I have energy to say now, maybe more later :)

-Jamms "ahemahem" :cool:

Originally posted by jennEfer

AMEN.... but blind optimism is not going to make up for the money involved.... i would if i had the green

Well, then Promote..

online..on the streets..

carry flyers of stuff you believe in and love..

and make sure the entire world knows about it..

Who knows ..if you do that long enough

they just might pay you..

Save money..

walk into a room at a party

you truly enjoy and try and meet the people involved..

Talk to every one @ places you love.

Ask if they need help....

Eventually if you this long enough you just might

meet someone in charge that likes your enthusiasm..

(Might throw you a bone to get your foot

in the door or bring in a guest DJ friend of yours for a shot...)

HOWEVER:

If you are gonna promote..talk to..

and try to bring something about in the scene

I DO BELIEVE YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT SCENE..

LOVE IT..... BUT KNOW IT!

Listen I'm game for new things..

and if there's enough people that

tell me something's good I just might

go check it out (I can be a sheep too)

But there are sheep that are born sheep

and sheep that are looking to make a change..

The scene needs both!

(Without a crowded room there can be no audience

to appreciate art) But hopefully art (music etc)

Can inspire SOME of you to do something..

Make a change..

And out of a room of hundreds in a club with a new "sound"..

perhaps two in that audience will go home

inspired to buy decks or throw a party.

THE FUTURE IN CLUBLAND IS UP TO US!

IF THERE IS A WILL THE REST CAN BE FOUND!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

It's a money issue most definitely. I've organized my own parties, secured locations, booked DJs and live performances, and promoted the shit outta them, and lost significant amounts of money in the process. I did it because I loved the music, but with certain underground genres that I'm into, I can't always expect a packed joint. And a lot of these clubs expect a bar guarantee which has to be paid out of the promoter's own pocket if that amount isn't met. I could keep throwing the parties regularly and try to turn more people onto it, but I don't have the funds to pull that off. And even though I lost a lot of money, I still paid the DJs and performers out of my own pocket because I felt they deserved it and I know what it's like to feel like your skills/talent are being taken for granted.

So if I ever win the lotto, expect a weekly gabber and schranz party. But until then, I'm going to have to rely on getting paid for my cds and DJing just to make rent. Blah, the life of a starving artist.

Money dictates a lot of things. Hell if I had the money I would do a lot of things differently in my life.

The goal is to somehow mix both passion, pursuit and making money. Crazy hard to do.

props to the people who do, and good luck to those who try.

peace

Originally posted by heretic909

It's a money issue most definitely. I've organized my own parties, secured locations, booked DJs and live performances, and promoted the shit outta them, and lost significant amounts of money in the process. I did it because I loved the music, but with certain underground genres that I'm into, I can't always expect a packed joint. And a lot of these clubs expect a bar guarantee which has to be paid out of the promoter's own pocket if that amount isn't met. I could keep throwing the parties regularly and try to turn more people onto it, but I don't have the funds to pull that off. And even though I lost a lot of money, I still paid the DJs and performers out of my own pocket because I felt they deserved it and I know what it's like to feel like your skills/talent are being taken for granted.

So if I ever win the lotto, expect a weekly gabber and schranz party. But until then, I'm going to have to rely on getting paid for my cds and DJing just to make rent. Blah, the life of a starving artist.

Yea YOU are already a DJ..

You took the first step and

are MIXING SETS OF THE MUSIC YOU LOVE..

Exposing people to the sounds that move you!

That's great.

Listen...

I'm unemployed..

I'm broke..

but when I'm out and I fall in love

with a party I support it and promote it

and try to be a part of it somehow or

another..

Thanks to a couple very kind

souls I've been lucky enough

to have organized parties in the past

with sonic360 @ Fun and now

with Bittersweet Breaks and possibly

another big name I can't share with

you all just yet..

If things go well..

there's a party on the way

that's gonna be a weekly

colaborative effort that's

gonna fill a void for people like me

in clubland.

Props to CP,CCD and the bittersweet

breaks for pulling it together and trusting my

judgements..

More to come on that when

dates are locked!

"SEE THE FUTURE AND IT WILL BE"

(Prince)

Originally posted by mugwump

at 5:ooam..that goes insane on the dance floor and throws their hands up high..If everyone that dreams of a place where everyone is smiling..where everyone's moving..and hugging..and respecting one another on a dancefloor..

MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE..

THROW A PARTY!

RENT A ROOM WITH DJs

AND MAKE A CHANGE!

I agree!!! :cool:

I'm with you mugz...i'm another ol-skool head, and i do my best to support the individuals that throw the one-offs, etc. just this past tuesday, a guy that i work with threw a party at a restaurant/bar called karma...they gave him the space for free, he got some dj's to spin for free, and did the promo himself...granted, it was a bust, but it was cool going out to a place for free and listening to some progressive music being spun. the proof that the underground is still alive and that people are about the music is nights like Tronic, where some big name dj's are spinning on a weekly basis and there is no cover. I hope that it doesn't get too big for the space, and be forced out to a bigger place with a cover. maybe those promoters there need to book more underground acts, just to keep it small, and keep it happening.

this is no promo, as i'm not affiliated with anyone...

on tuesday at karma, i heard PeatLa doing a live PA set with a couple macs and a mixer...if you like techno, you will probably like his stuff. he is a resident and throws a party at Baktun one wednesday a month. this month it is on February 20th, doors are at 9pm, it's free before 11pm, and $3 after. PeatLa is a cool guy, and is definitely about the music. the rest of the lineup is DJ Pacemaker, DJ Distraction, DJ ABBA, and BiPolar by Dave Cohen("nightmare sounds with daydream visions"). Should be pretty hot

"I'm not gonna do...what everyone thinks I'm gonna do...and F_L-I-P-O-U-T, MAN. All I wanna know is...who's coming with me??"

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by mugwump

MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE..

THROW A PARTY!

RENT A ROOM WITH DJs

AND MAKE A CHANGE!

YEAH!...I hear what you are saying. Go to,www.djshowcase.com its a website that djhalohalo@aol.com created to harmonize djs and people together through music. This site could be helpful to you.

Peace! ...download free music!