Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't understand NYC

hmnyc

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

Yuk, fake people....I can't stand them. So you're having those problems too, right? Well, my heart skipped a beat to hear some people say that the music in NYC sucks...on the other hand. I can handle about anything...bringing my own positive vibes and those of my friends or fellow party members.

It's what U make of it...ofcourse I now understand that NYC's nightlife doesn't seem to keep up with the nightlife in Amsterdam, but he, I consider Amsterdam one of the greatest places on earth, for clubbing that is. I've talked about different clubs in my thread , more vibes from overseas, but I still think that people make the club...it's all about the vibe...We got our classic funky/disco parties at the Paradiso, trance and extravaganza-parties at the It. Drunken parties at The Cool Down Cafe.

The best lounch in the world at Supperclub. All kinds of themes at the Escape. Massive al styles parties at The Amsterdam Arena, The Rai and the Heineken Music Hall, but on the other hand also some great Jazz/ Blues clubs and regular cafe's.

Right now I hope Centro-Fly will be my little home away from my hotel when I come over at the 26th of april. And to be honest the word over here goes that NYC ain't ready enough for a , let's call it, a trance-scene for ex.

I got to much trust in NYC though...hopes that doesn't brake me..

but on the other hand....they will have to put in a real effort to make me lose my smile..:)

Ive been to INNERCITY --- great place.

I spent NYE 2000 in Amsterdam == it s was f'ing nuts

Yeah, the wonderfull part of places like that is that you're able to listen to defferent streams of house music, weither it is industrial/trance/techno/club/hardcore/2step/or mellow....There's always something that U would like...on the other hand...being 27 now...I consider those parties more for the younger ones and I now attend parties with up to 10.000 people...or less. (Sensation excl.)

I'm glad to hear you had a great time at our city.

If you ever make it to Holland again...try to attent the Sensation party...dates not available right now...the best party in the world...and I know I sound a little to much in tune with Amsterdam, but I can't help it...still looking for other cities to take the #1 spot...

all im saying nyc just doesn't have the right atmosphere. i go out with my friends and have a good time, i really don't go out to hook with pple, if it happensi just go with the flow, most pple neways that i do meet in clubs are mad skectchy anyway, trust ive learned my lesson from that. i feel like everywhere i go pple are assholes and have bad vibes. everywhere i have went lately has been so depressing cause the music is terrible and pple are just so fake. rarely do i find pple that are there for the "scene". the only place i look forward to going is Vinyl but that shit is getting played out b/c more pple know about and most of them are not there for the music and are a waste of space. i have been going there for well over 3yrs and it just seems to be getting worse and worse, crowd wise, with those fucking juice heads taking there shirts off, cant stand that shit nemore, just ruins the whole club experience in my opinion.

Originally posted by hmnyc

all im saying nyc just doesn't have the right atmosphere. i go out with my friends and have a good time, i really don't go out to hook with pple, if it happensi just go with the flow, most pple neways that i do meet in clubs are mad skectchy anyway, trust ive learned my lesson from that. i feel like everywhere i go pple are assholes and have bad vibes. everywhere i have went lately has been so depressing cause the music is terrible and pple are just so fake. rarely do i find pple that are there for the "scene". the only place i look forward to going is Vinyl but that shit is getting played out b/c more pple know about and most of them are not there for the music and are a waste of space. i have been going there for well over 3yrs and it just seems to be getting worse and worse, crowd wise, with those fucking juice heads taking there shirts off, cant stand that shit nemore, just ruins the whole club experience in my opinion.

I reckognize my own opinion in your quote...I've seen a lot of things happen thru my partying years...lol...The It in Amsterdam is one extravant club...a gay-scene..without fake people...everybody feels free...to do what they want to do...but taking your shirts of and showing of...is so not done...like...what the F**ck do ya got to prove...does it add something extra to your party experience... being a 6-6 sporty guy...I don't feel shamed about my body and nobody should...weither they're skinny or not...So pulling your shirt of and start flexing...takes away the relaxed sensation of partying...you're much more bussy with your own looks and the way you want people to react to it...especially the other sex.

Thank God we've got a Darkroom in the It were people can make love...so the dancefloor keeps crowded with funky people.