Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MULTISYNC (DJ Wool/swingset B-day loft party in Williamsburg ) Mugwumpian Review.

Well, I just wanted to tell you all about a great party I went to last night

in Williamsburg in a sort of "spare of the moment kinda mode"..

I Originally had planned in visiting SHELTER and representing

for Randy and crew. Then I found a flyer in my pocket that DJ WOOL (Glen Brady)Had given to me at a Starbucks. I remembered that it was his Birthday and that I had agreed to swing by his loft party in Williamsburg. So feeling

guilty about missing my NY lounge crew (and fellow naughtybooth pals take over the Phazon) I decided that I had better go to Glen's party. Besides, It's not every day that a DMC Turntablist champion invites you to hear him on the decks at his very own party.

Rounding people was a bit difficult, too late to post about it, and too hard to steer people away from Roxy and Shelter I decided to call Tilly and Saigray in my adventure. Upon arriving to the space (a one level store front kind of warehouse with basement) I was surprised to see Videogame machines, Videoart projection, A chef walking around offering people Fried plantains and non other than Filter 14'/Blister's very own Tony Lee dropping some funky tech-house. Settling in and grabbing a cup of Cage beer I ran into the lovely DJ MISS BLISS and some fellow break heads: WOOL, CER,and DJ ROYCE. Hobnobbing and debating about the state of the NY music scene and the philosophies behind the breaks world we made our way to the back room to listen to the DJs more closely.

On four decks Lorcan and DJ sabo where ripping shit up with scratching-breaks and Funky trip hop. VJ retina and Masea where controlling visuals through "real-time" midi so that everything on the screens danced to the music at the beat. It was a visual-audio mind fuck that reminded me of the sonic 360 parties @ Fun I use to help out with..except way GRUNGIER..way more "underground" and way NASSSSTIER! (almost DUMBO LUNALIKE VIBE!) By the time Wool got up on the decks the room was in full swing. Moving, singing..lost in sounds you just don't get too many places in NY. I thought to myself.."Why don't big house clubs get this?" Surely there where a few hundred in this small space. What are bigger venues scared of? Then Wool drooped his first track;"Rock it" By Herbie Hancock and I knew everything was gonna be OK. If the big venues don't get it FUCK THEM! I'll be content to have it allll to myself in the Lofts.

WOOL was sick beyond words. Mixing, scratching and playing around with tracks like a child plays with crayons. There is a sort of innocence and child like quality to Turntabilism that I love. It DOESN'T TAKE ITSELF TOO SERIOUSLY..It's like a game..

One minute your hypnotized by the speed at which WOOL switches vynil..the next your watching him scratch to "WHITE LINES"..mixed into Timo Masse's "ACIDO DA BASS" then Mr.Scruff gets all fucked up to "Get your freak on" looped into "Beat it" and then he drops a sick Breakbeat track that has everyone cheering, pop locking and Myself doing the MUGWUMP STOMP. By the end of his set I was bewildered and exhausted..Walking over to him I patted him on the back and thanked him. I needed that on a Friday night like a withering plant needs water. Definitely all of you keep an eye for him..(I'm working on bringing this guy to Pseudo to blow the roof off the joint!)

attachment.php?s=&postid=650413

Up next SWINGSET laid down some sick Bosanova type intelligent Drum and Bass. Mixing everything from Bebel Gilberto to soul Slinger. Total doze of Brazillian type Drum and bass that made up for missing Amon Tobim. Though I didn't stick around for his entire set I fully enjoyed the angle he was taking with D&B. I wish more junglist would MIX IT UP a bit and try and get away from Tech-step and hard-step D&B..(Which can be good at times) But I guess I like my Jungle with less Carnivorous plants and more exotic animals. I'll take Bukem, DB and Swingset over darkness any day.

By the end of the night I was spent. After getting my doze of video games (and having my ass kicked by Frogger) I caught a ride with DJ Royce and his lovely girlfriend back to Astoria. Great couple those two. Royce is definitely one to watch for in the Breaks scene. Not too many Ausies in Ny representing this genre. Make sure to swing by Bittersweet Breaks to catch him and BIG APPLE BREAKS to catch Wool and cara (DJ MISS BLISS) Kicking off on the 20th. This city is about to BREAK onto another plain.

WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Sounds like a great party.

Seems breaks are starting to finally hit it off. Doesn't seem like the general public appreciates it. In the last year I was able to catch some breaks when drive-by and juggernaut would bring 2-step and breaks to the Pinky room. I don't know much about breaks but I'm down with it.

Defintely will have to check out the Big Apple Breaks Party.

peace

I fuckin love Soul Slinger. Sounded like a great party. We had Darryl Hell as our guest DJ last night for Fun House. That guy is a fuckin demon on the decks. It was like a mix of breakcore and industrial turntablism. My jaw was on the floor watching him. It even inspired me to incorpate some old chemical breaks into my future sets. Breaks aren't dead. They're just waitin in the shadows for everyone to get sick of shitty-house-music-with-a-wannabe-diva-wailing-like-a-stuck-pig to get played out.

Originally posted by gqraver

Sounds like a great party.

Seems breaks are starting to finally hit it off. Doesn't seem like the general public appreciates it. In the last year I was able to catch some breaks when drive-by and juggernaut would bring 2-step and breaks to the Pinky room. I don't know much about breaks but I'm down with it.

Defintely will have to check out the Big Apple Breaks Party.

peace

Let me know if you want to come..

I'll arrange a BREAKBEAT CP

meetup on that date for MISS BLISS

and WOOL!

Swing By Pseudo next week..

There's a good possibility

I'll have another DJ Special Guest..

(Possibly WOOL if I can get him a good slot

and he's not too busy that night)

Herectic:

Good shit!~