Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Earplugs...

Last night at Roxy I wore earplugs for the first time ever. I picked them up a few weeks ago at the CP table, the very basic foam ones. The block out a lot of the noise, some of the highs too. Thanks to my friend for having a positive influence on me. I couldn't believe what horrible sounds I was subjecting myself too after I took them off to a minute or two. Vicious was spinning, enough said. The sound system at Roxy is pretty damn loud, but not that clear. Seems as though its more about quantity and not quality. Check out the 10 speaker towers surrounding the dance floor. I'm going to buy better disposables next time and try them out. For the first time ever after a night of clubbing the ringing wasn't that bad. My ears ring very easily, even after an hour at a loud bar.

. . yeah . . treble is a bitch . . . If more of these clubs were to focus on good sound reinforcement instead of sheer power, we'd alot let problems out there . . .

. . . Remember kids, you DO NOT want the VU meter to go into the red . . . but then again, in clubs, is there really any choice?. . .

If you really want the best sound and protection you can get musician earplugs made. They cost a lot and you need to see a doctor to have them made, but many smart DJs wear them since they often produce as well as DJ and depend on hearing all frequencies. The best thing about them are that they last a long time and they are made to fit your ear perfectly!

ive been wearing earplugs for the past month...they are great...music sounds so much better and you dont get a headache or any ringing in the ears the next day......and i can fall alseep much easeer without the ringing in my ears...i wish i wore them earlier casue i have a slight ring in my right ear....im gonna buy custom ones very soon

Originally posted by sweetfun

If you really want the best sound and protection you can get musician earplugs made. They cost a lot and you need to see a doctor to have them made, but many smart DJs wear them since they often produce as well as DJ and depend on hearing all frequencies. The best thing about them are that they last a long time and they are made to fit your ear perfectly!

Listen to her....she's so right!!! These plugs are realy great!!!

Nuff said....to bad y'all seem to need them though..