Clubplanet Nightlife Community

4 girls coming to Miami for Spring Break, HELP!

tray00

Hey all,

My friends and I are coming to Miami the 2nd-9th for spring break. I want to know where we should stay (street #s road) to be close enough to walk to good clubs. Also I was wondering how much money we should approximitally bring to drink and get into clubs? And also can you guys sugest clubs. Also are there any clubs you have to be picked to get into. We go to NYC a lot, and get picked so I was wondering if it was the same there? All I know is we went to Cancun last year and had an unreal time, and we want Miami to be even better!!!!! Any suggestions will be help full ! Thanks Traciie

Quickie rundown:

1. Better be 21 or able to prove it.

2. Unless you meet with some locals, you will have to wait. Unless you resemble (really, no bullshit) Heidi Klum.

3. just remember crobar, space, level, rain or spin.

4. Miami clubbing is more 'sophisticated' than Cancun. You'll have a blast, just differently.

5. What's your budget for hotels?

6. Worst case scenario 20-25 per club cover, 6-10 dollars per drink. Though as girls you will get drinks purchased for you.

7. .cooljunkie. has the info I would type out anyway.

Thanks POD, Yeah were all 21. Whats the best area to stay in near the clubs? Were willing to pay up to like 2,800 for the week.

Mike- I dont know if you were trying to be a smart ass, but We have been to a few places where we had to be picked certain nights. 2 of them were Vinyl and The russian tea room

Originally posted by tray00

Mike- I dont know if you were trying to be a smart ass, but We have been to a few places where we had to be picked certain nights. 2 of them were Vinyl and The russian tea room

Although Im a "smart-ass", I wasnt trying to be one with you, because I was curious, im from NY, come home all the time to go clubbing and havent ran into any places that do that sort of stuff, most nyc clubs avoid it, even nicer places like Saci let everyone in basically. Vinyl did that, never heard of them doing it or seen it?

Hey all,

My friends and I are coming to Miami the 2nd-9th for spring break. I want to know where we should stay (street #s road) to be close enough to walk to good clubs. Also I was wondering how much money we should approximitally bring to drink and get into clubs? And also can you guys sugest clubs. Also are there any clubs you have to be picked to get into. We go to NYC a lot, and get picked so I was wondering if it was the same there? All I know is we went to Cancun last year and had an unreal time, and we want Miami to be even better!!!!! Any suggestions will be help full ! Thanks Traciie

Check It !

if you want to be in the middle of everything then the best places to stay are between 16th street and 6th street on collins which is one block from the beach in one direction and one block from the clubs in the other.

as for clubs, there are tons!

rain on fridays for a great vibe and some wicked deep house! (if you need guestlist for friday nights then e-mail me at marick_stawis@hotmail.com)

crobar

level

space (downtown)

living room (downtown)

liquid

opium garden

nikki beach

spin

etc...

hope this helps!!

cheers!

Basically eveyone waits a little bit on the big nights, I even saw Puff Daddy wait 20 minutes at Crobar trying to get his whole crew in along with 2/3rds of Destiny's Child. And they only let about 10 people come in with him, and not the other 10 (angry looking guys)

But as women, it is much easier. Dress nice and get the eye of the person working the door and you will have no problem as a group of girls with out (or even with ) guys.

The real problem is getting a group of guys into the club w/o good looking girls.

BTW there is no line usually, just a crowd. Just send the most scantily dressed girl to the front and your in.

Obviously if you show up before 1AM things are much easier.

Well, what you did was make a semi-inaccurate statement that aroused the attentions of the NYC-expatriates here :).

Though in all honesty I've been in NYC at all times of the year and can't really remember having to be picked at vinyl. Picking is a Miami thing, if you're looking forward to that, welcome :)

hey tray00, i've been told that the Hotel Chelsea is a nice place although i haven't ever stayed there. i will be in south beach this friday and saturday so if you want i will stop by the three places you've listed and check them out for you. i can e-mail you the low down on them.

e-mail me at marick_stawis@hotmail.com so i'll have your e-mail address. i'll e-mail you my findings on sunday ok.

talk to you soon!

I dont know why people are making a big deal about that! Like I said before, I go BUSY times of the year

lol whos making a big deal. Busy time of the year? NYC clubs are always busy, 18+ ones are crazy during prom nights, and when colleges come home from breaks, but besides that there is no on/off season in NYC clubs, yeah you got door people who dont let you in, like Paris on SF saturdays, depending on your group and the way your dressed, but thats basically normal at all clubs, some are worse then others, but definetely no city clubs has the PICK Red Velvet Rope thing going on.