Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any bartenders here?

definately!!!!!!!! bartending is where the money is!!! as ling as you know how to scam, pretend your interested in what stupid ass people have to say, and can con people out of their tips!!! dont go to bartendig school... they just teach you how to suck at it... bartenders who went to schools to learn are slow, and never learn the true art to it... get a good book, learn the 10 most popular, and learn as you go!!! good luck!!! on average i make $500-$750 a weekend night...

www.StateofMind.tv

The MC Matty C:hump:

wellllllllllll i bartend at a lounge in jersey... actually its my familys place... my brothers run it..... on the busiest night, not including NYE, i made about 350.... but the place can only hold about 200 people... so thats not too bad esp since we dont get busy till about 11... we close at 2.. so i make about 100 an hour :D

i went to bartending school.... just to learn the basics..... i dont go by the stupid ass counts and every little rule cuz it does slow u down...... i do things my way, and i feel i am efficient at what i do but im happy i went to bartending school cuz i learned the basics of it...... it helps. esp if u havent got a clue about bartending, which i didnt.. so.. i would recommend it.

good luck :)

you can either consult the ever so life saving bartenders bible or roladex which any good bar will have in a secretave way, or just say, "Theres a few ways that this drink is made...how do you like yours???" unless they think they are some professional drinker and make up drinks on their own and expect you to know what the hell it is... in this case, pour any cheap liquer in a glass, add cranberry, a dash of spit, and smile as you give it to them on the house!!! I bartend at an outside Bar in the summertime in kennilworth NJ... it gets crazy there every night... A little slower in the winter, but its worth it to stick it out...

www.StateofMind.tv

put it this way... its not what you know, its who you know... and it all depends on exactly where you want to bartend... big clubs may seem worth it, but remember, you are dividing tips between all those bartenders, and barbacks... so its not much... and always say you have prior experiance... they dont usually check, or just put a friends number down as your bar manager... places change bar managers like i change my socks...

www.StateofMind.tv