Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hope for 93.1?

fat0ny

Being a person who appreciates all sorts of music, I must say I sad to see WTMI go Commercial Electronica. Now maybe its that I listen at the wrong times, or maybe you guys know something I dont. But, do you think there is anyhope for 93.1 in south florida? When I say hope... I mean hope in playing decent music. (not just the same kosheen song i've heard a million and one times on 96.5) Tell me what you think.

Don't forget, they're setting up a transmitter next Saturday at Liquid for Drew and Iggy. Billy Shaw tells me that 93.1 is merely providing the transmitter and the airtime, and that the club reserves the right of musical selection.

I'm not disclosing who but I heard last week that 93.1 is in contract negotiations with a Miami DJ who will be siging a possible 3 year deal there and will be there only DJ.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully that will help solve the repetitive music but even with the repetitive music I'd say I still love the hardly no commercials.

:spin:

hopefully it'll all work out for them...they still have a lot of room on that station for growth and potential though! just one question...if in Jan. they played two commercials....and this month four....does that mean that next month six...and like that until it's filled with commercials just like power 96???? i really hope not...commercials blow:blank:

Well. I hope their life is a long and pleasent one.. as long as they get better. Unfourtunatly There isn't a demand for Really good music in this city unless its marketable (IE: Pop music) Unfourtunatly if they do start playing good music. There is a slight possibility that "our" music might just go pop. Become a fad, then fade away. Lets hope it doesent come to that. It would kill me to see kids in high school wearing Stryke Tshirts, with no appreciation for the music other than its just another place where they can get messed up and beam lights at each other. Im sure everyone would agree that People on a micro level are unique and special and intersting. But once you get to a mass crowd. People get stupid and dangerous.

The question here is when are they going to start their programming????? It's been a month & half and they still haven't increased their music selection nor have they mentioned any new things to come. Also they supposely had 2 commercials in Jan. while Feb. is 4 as mentioned by Sunnyhost. What does this mean?? There are also rumors of they hiring DJs and then they also have that gig at Liquid. What's going on??? :confused: What is the direction of this station. I am still have my fingers crossed and I hoping that they will have similar formatt of the Orlando dance station. I remember when I went last summer I was amazed by the music they played. Most of the music was underground non-commercialized house/trance tracks. They even had guest DJs for their late night. This is all I could hope for 93.1 has also planned for their station.

Originally posted by naomi1

The question here is when are they going to start their programming????? It's been a month & half and they still haven't increased their music selection nor have they mentioned any new things to come.

Exactly my concern too. I guess we just have to wait and see... And how about all the other electronica out there? Like sunnyhost said there is a lot of room on that station.

I can't wait 'til there's a live person on the air to tell us all what's going on. Only time will tell.....

Yeah you know that sound that goes like "...Day by Day...." I think I've heard that song 3x in one hour. :puke: Especially now that they have the ability to hear the music over the internet I listen to the station all day at work. I think am going back to my cds..

don't do it naomi! don't do it!!! just change the station or put on a cd! Don't lose hope all to fast girlie....things will get better..(.i hope anyways).

hey...about getting some-1 good musicon 93.1....does anyone even know where the station comes from??? like what part of town? maybe we can bombard it with copies of our cd's and give them the hint! hee hee ;-)

Originally posted by sunnyhost

don't do it naomi! don't do it!!! just change the station or put on a cd! Don't lose hope all to fast girlie....things will get better..(.i hope anyways).

hey...about getting some-1 good musicon 93.1....does anyone even know where the station comes from??? like what part of town? maybe we can bombard it with copies of our cd's and give them the hint! hee hee ;-)

Thanks Sunny you just saved me ;) For a minute there I thought I was out the window. BTW I live on the 1st floor so my fall should have been that high. :laugh: Anyway it isn't a bad idea to send them copies of our collection of music maybe they can get some idea of what the peeps want to hear. Until then I will be on edge of my window sill.