Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scottish chick needs your help!

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I need your help! My friend Louise and myself are coming to NYC in March for a month and don't have a clue where to begin in the whole going out clubbing. We both enjoy pretty much every type of music. Hard core dance is probably our least favourite!

If you can suggest anything to us you would make 2 wee gurlies V happy!

Thanks Senorfern!

I have looked up those clubs and Thursday nights look fantastic at Veruka but it doesn't say how much it costs to go and it mentions that it is difficult to get into cause of all the famous people to go - or is that just a publicity stunt!

the Culture Club and Polly Esthers looks good for a laugh there is always a need for cheeze in your life hehe!

Groove Jet with DJ Neva sounds good!

All this talk of famous people is getting me even more excited about my trip although Glasgow has its fair share they are all Scottish - surprizing huh?!

So new question what famous people have you seen when out clubbing and the most amusing story gets a prize!

Cx

Originally posted by primofizz

Thanks for your suggestions! I had a look at the reviews I like the sound of Friday nights at Centro-fly GBH. I'm not to sure about the Sound factory looks a bit too dance/techno for me. I do enjoy the odd cheezy pop nights, 80's retro any ideas!?:afro:

they have a dj spinning 80's stuff in the tapioca room at centro fly on fridays......it's hard to find so ask where it is when you get there.

we sure are just read a thread on a club called SOB's which sounds good!

Just don't have a clue where to start.

That was probably my thread. If you like Hip Hop, and will be around the city next tuesday (19th), De La Soul, innovators and originators of a slick style of hip hop will be in attendance.

I'll be there, along with a few other clubplaneteers...

:D:cool:

I have a friend in Glasgow, she lives in Milgavie. I've been to Glasgow myself, partied at the Garage and Archaos when I was there over 2.5 years ago.

I promote for GBH Friday's at Centro-fly so shoot me a PM or email if you need any party or guestlist info when you come to town.

peace

Well thanks for all your replies!

j303j I am from Glasgow hope you have a fantastic time if you want any advice on your trip, clubs etc let me know!

ggraver I have mostly lived in the West end of Glasgow but at the moment due to cash flow problems -saving up to come to NYC- I have been staying with my mum in Milngavie its like a small town just outside the city centre.

What did you think of the Garage and Archaos?? I think I am going to the Garage on Thursday night for Valentines day much Vodka will be needed to get me through!

I normaly go to the Cathouse for a bit of Rock but a bit of cheezy music never goes astray!

Any questions about Glasgow Scotland the world your mother ect I will do my best to answer!

Thanks

Cx

ggraver I have mostly lived in the West end of Glasgow but at the moment due to cash flow problems -saving up to come to NYC- I have been staying with my mum in Milngavie its like a small town just outside the city centre.

What did you think of the Garage and Archaos?? I think I am going to the Garage on Thursday night for Valentines day much Vodka will be needed to get me through!

Hmm..I wonder if you know my friend, did you go to the University of Glasgow?

I actually went to Garage2 I think. It was fun, cheesy dance music but scottish people are fun! I think it was Austin Powers night when I went (this was end of summer '99)

Archaos was a cool club as well.

Well have fun and if you have any questions about NYC, clubbing or whatever, shoot me an email or PM!

peace

Cheers doll, I went to Glasgow School of Art but a few of my friends went to glasgow uni.

I haven't been to G2 yet it plays more r'n'b stuff which is always a good thing.

If anyone has anymore suggestions of stories/warnings of nights out

How much does an average night cost drinks entrance ect. Louise and I drink Vodka if that makes a difference?!?

:D