Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit (Earth) Sundays

While reading one of the flyers for the upcoming Saturday evening party at Exit, I noticed that it said 18 to party, 21 to drink. Does this mean that the afterhours Sunday morning party that is done by Junior will consist of the Saturday night 18+ crowd? This seems a bit strange, because it doesn't seem like the Junior crowd.

I was just going to ask that same question... methinks it must be a one night thing? i just cant see jr, darrel, fernando, or their crowd tolerating an inundation of youngings... it also means 21 and ups are going to start having to wear wristbands to drink...

odd, all of NYC Nitelife seems to be turning upside down. 3 years ago, who could even imagine JR at EXIT? I'm not complaining, it is just a strange time....

>>> joel*B <<<

trust me once juniors crowd TAKES over the club by 7 all the little kids will be gone by then..exit is making a great move..bring in a solid dj to open up the night..fill it up early and then fill it up again after hours...could be some party..hmm

NEED HELP!!!

I use to go to Jr.'s parties at Twilo, and have been to his birthday party, opening Earth party, and New Years party at Exit. The first two parties were amazing. I've been to 2 other random nights which sucked!!

Have to admit, that I've been having a much better time at SF Sunday mornings with JP ever since Twilo closed. F.y.i, and I'm a gay guy, too. Not that it matters, but I think that kinda says something about how week Jr has been lately, in my opinion.

SO, my question is, "Do you think this Sunday's Earth party will be worth going to?"

I'm bringing a girlfriend of mine with me that has never heard him spin before and has never been to Exit, either. I don't want her to be disappointed. She LOVED JP's b-day party at Sound Factory and don't want Earth to be a let down.

Thanks for your help!

i'm going with my girlfriend too...i heard junior has been nice and steady the last couple of weeks..sf will be too packed because of the theme party...i think jp spins better on regular nights anyway....i'm defintely checking out exit this saturday with the new party..people of this board have been saying nero is sick too..and he spins before junior gets on..any meetups let me know..later...

Originally posted by boywondernyc

NEED HELP!!!

I use to go to Jr.'s parties at Twilo, and have been to his birthday party, opening Earth party, and New Years party at Exit. The first two parties were amazing. I've been to 2 other random nights which sucked!!

Have to admit, that I've been having a much better time at SF Sunday mornings with JP ever since Twilo closed. F.y.i, and I'm a gay guy, too. Not that it matters, but I think that kinda says something about how week Jr has been lately, in my opinion.

SO, my question is, "Do you think this Sunday's Earth party will be worth going to?"

I'm bringing a girlfriend of mine with me that has never heard him spin before and has never been to Exit, either. I don't want her to be disappointed. She LOVED JP's b-day party at Sound Factory and don't want Earth to be a let down.

Thanks for your help!

I totally agree that JP has been better than Junior lately.

Junior hasn't been going hard enough, whereas JP laid down plenty of hard beats on his B-Day.

In the past 2 years I narrowed down the DJ's I listen to as being Junior, and JP, and lately Junior's energy while mixing wasn't up there, so SF is a better choice....

BUT....

Dont give up hope. Cause there's no fuckin way Junior's gonna retire playing weak sets. You can be assured that he wont be around that long, and he aint gonna let us down before he retires.

If I were to think back to the sickest sets I've ever heard, they were definatley at Twilo, with JV behind the decks.

Enjoy Jonathan Peters for now, cause lately he's probably the best at the moment, but he cannot possibly do what Junior can, and its just a matter of time before JV starts kicking ass again.

He's waiting for something... Maybe the new energy from the pre Junior party will get him going, but I am very confident that it's just a matter of time before Exit on Sat will rule the club world. just like Palladium... and Just like Twilo did.

Junya has dropped some very hard beats the past 2 weeks

He spins till 3pm (and 6pm for the special REDhot event this week)

However if u are bringing yur girl, ya bettah both dress 2 kill and be lookers

Cuz nomatter what they say the age is, you aint gettin past Darrell and Fernando if ya aint fierce

ps- i think i **mite** have spotted Paris from SF at exit last sunday early afternoon- should tell ya whose muzik is better

Originally posted by JoelB

Cuz nomatter what they say the age is, you aint gettin past Darrell and Fernando if ya aint fierce

ps- i think i **mite** have spotted Paris from SF at exit last sunday early afternoon- should tell ya whose muzik is better

The official bouncers at Exit are Darrell and Fernando?

Isn't the sunday night gonna be a fuckin NO ID night anyway?

And from sourced unnamed, I know the saturday party FOR NOW is a trial run, and the thursday night party too (oops.... shhhhhhhhhhhh) or else :blown:

Originally posted by pglkm

trust me once juniors crowd TAKES over the club by 7 all the little kids will be gone by then..exit is making a great move..bring in a solid dj to open up the night..fill it up early and then fill it up again after hours...could be some party..hmm

Yah seriously.. good move.. it's like 2 parties in the same night.. 1st wave of people: 18+ crowd to hear Nero.. 2nd wave of people: usual 21+ crowd coming in around 4amish to hear Junior..

MUCHO $$$!!! :D

Originally posted by JoelB

He spins till 3pm (and 6pm for the special REDhot event this week)

However if u are bringing yur girl, ya bettah both dress 2 kill and be lookers

Hey JoelB - Thanks for the info. I agree, JR is a master at what he does. I'm just not that crazy about his song selection, sometimes. Always lookin for those harder beats I guess.

I'm definately gonna check it out this weekend. Is the 55th St. entrance still being used? Now the debate is "Should we show up at around 6 am or would it be better to arrive later Sunday morning.

Oh....and thanks for door tip. Not to drop names, but I know Derrell and have gotten comps from him on occasion. We still dress like the club sluts that we are. ;)

thanks again!