Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's a Limelight Weekend (Schedule and Guestlist)

DaVe

Limelight

The celebrated club closes its doors. Here is the final schedule of events for this weekend:

Thursday, February 14

John Blair and Junior Vasquez invite you to

The Last Dance at Limelight

10pm - 4am

18 and over. Proper ID required.

History was made this summer as house music legend DJ JUNIOR VASQUEZ packed the Limelight for CLASSICS I and CLASSICS II . You are invited to witness history in the making once again as JUNIOR returns to the Limelight for its LAST dance. Special performance by LONNIE GORDON, who will be performing "Last Dance" in honor of this very special occasion!!

Tickets are available in advance from TicketMaster for $20 - show your JB Membership card at the door and receive the advance purchase price of $20!! Don't have a FREE membership?? Sign up for your's today!!

Tickets $20 in advance.

----

Friday, February 15

Noah Tepperberg and Jason Strauss present

Mardi Gras - The Last Dance

9pm - 4am

21 and over. Proper ID required.

Noah and Jason host the Mardi Gras themed revelry, insuring that one of Limelight's last nights goes down in history. Three floors and multiple rooms of club goers tossing beads, trading favirs, and wishing Limelight a fond farewell.

Jared Scream on the main floor, DJ Exacta spinning in the chapel, and Todd Malis.

Cover $30. Only $20 on the Clubplanet guestlist!

http://www.cluubplanet.com/guestlists

----

Saturday, February 16

Please join Scott Sartiano, Richie Akiva, Unik, KyKy & Gabby at

The Last Dance

10pm - 4am

18 and over. Proper ID required.

DJs Samantha Ronson and Paul Sevigny spinning hip-hop, house, R&B, and classics.

Cover $30. Only $15 on the Clubplanet guestlist!

http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/

----

the FINAL say is the FINAL party is the 17th with Ojeda.

Flyer says "the LAST party at the limelight" :(

thats when i'll be there to say goodbye, since Ojeda is the only DJ of the ones spinning who i actually remember from Limelight. (am i wrong?)

so EVERYONE make it out to Limelight on Sunday to say ciao to the club that started so many of us on this clubbing journey. :(

gatien's out of it so i doubt anybody will get to use the Limelight name.

funny thing is, i actually know the lawyer who worked with Gatien in opening the club. i worked for this guy when i was in HS, and i am looking through the archived files, and I see "

Limelight" i was :eek: was looking at the balance sheets and the earnings, etc.

they will prob renovate it and rename it. thena gain, maybe the LL has been overdue for a little renovaiting. i dont think anything has ever been done to that place. this will be my first time there in, oh, about two years

yo yo check it out..this is my first post and ive been struggling to log ino this..n e who..to the people wondering if limelight has closed its doors forever tha answer is no. I got this info in october and its from a pretty credible source. i might b repeatin myself but Gatien sold 49% of it to some dude (i 4got his name i was kinda bent)...n e who...dude is gona renovate and re-open it..

it was to john blair... and his landlord.... (some woman i forgot her name) and theyre going to re-open it under a new name and new managment... (but i have a feeling he will still have a say in it.) but limelight as we know it is now going going gone...

A moment of silence for a fallen hero... (Tunnel.Twilo.Limelight)