Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Time

Hellz yeah...

I can totally agree with you here. If you've ever watched ducktales, there was an episode where Huey, Duey and Louie found a time-stopper device. They used it to beat the line at the ticket window, be home in time for dinner and A BUNCH of other crazy things.

I wish i had that now. Espec here in NY, time goes way too fast :eek:

. . . Rawk on George, I remember that episode . . I wish I had a cat like Gizmo working for me . . . oh what I could do with that beautiful device . . . tee hee hee . . . .

. . . but seriously . . . a friend of mine from way back put that time perception thing into perfect perspective for me when we were talking about this very subject. . .

He said that as you get older, your perception of the passage of time increases because each year you live a smaller fraction of your life as a whole . . .

. . . Remember when you were a kid, and taking a trip to a relatives house seemed to be this monumental trek . . . I remember when I lived in Hartsdale and we'd go to visit my relatives in Queens or even New Rochelle . . it seemed like a huge journey . . like crossing of the desert huge . . . but now that I'm older and able to drive myself I realize that it only takes like 15 minutes if you're good . . . . back then it seemed like days . . .

. . . I really didn't think about this fractional theory all that much, then as time went on it started to make beautiful sense . . . When you're 3 years old, that expanse from 3 to 4 is a whole THIRD of your existing life . .. . . that's a huge chunk when put in the perspective of your entire life . . . Now, say the jump from 23 to 24 means that in the course of a year you're only gonna live one twenty-third of your entire life . . . and as time goes on the fraction gets smaller and smaller . . .

. . . An older co-worker put it perfectly when I mentioned that I noticed time speeding up . . . He was in his 60's . . . I'm like : "Man, it seems like time is going faster and faster every day . . . does this get better or worse? . . " . . He just smiled and looked at me and said : "Eventually you just try to hang on for the ride, especially after YOU start slowing down" . . . not that cosmic, but good office chatter nonetheless . . . .

. . . I felt it speed up markedly in the last year as well. . but more later . . . I've got to get to work . . .