Clubplanet Nightlife Community

im going going back back to L.A. L.A. !!HELP!!

psycmatic44

Im new to clubplanet and kinda new back to L.A. -I used to live there and on the 20th im comming back from D.C. When i used to live there i was'nt in to the club scene at all. I never had time. But recently i went to Ibiza,Spain(a dedicated party island) and now im TOTALLY into it now. But since my brother and friends moved away or i just lost contact with them, I have no idea where to go for a cool time. -So you guys got any pointers on tight places to hit up? Im into all kinds of music. Out here in D.C., the only type of clubs I've gone play House, Techno, and Trance. Which is what I like to here when in clubs and pillin.

Can someone pLeAse help me out!?? :confused: ps-THE EastCoast SUCKS SASQUASH BALLS!

Sup dude you sound like my damn clone! I'm from LA, moved to Vegas, then moved to DC where I am right now! I'm trying my damndest to get back to LA, cos yes- DC does suck pretty bad. The women are pale, the weather sucks, and [most] of the people are pretty damn wierd. Anyhow when I was there I wasn't into the [music] scene, I mostly hung out to chill. I would highly recommend Skybar. Models etc. As far as I know that's pretty much it. Most of the time I scoped out parties over in W. Hollywood and ended up partying all night up in the hills. I visited there a few months ago (Before I went to Ibiza in Aug) and lemme tell you the dance clubs sucked pretty hard. Even though DC sucks I know I will miss Buzz, Dragonfly, and maybe even Glow.

Now if you have time on your hands you could always fly to Vegas and hit up C2K, RA, or 54!

Originally posted by totallytrance

what the fuck's that suppose to mean....I bet you haven't even been there your ugly ass can't even get in there....

simmer down there trance boy :flame:

i've been to sky bar...and don't get me wrong, i enjoy a little eye candy now again like the next man...but if i were looking for a place with some quality music, the sky bar would be that last place i look...model types are a dime a dozen in this town, i can throw rocks from my patio and hit dozens of them a day...i just feels its a waste of my time and energy having to cut through the thick cloud of pretension that covers that place...

but thats just man opinion :moon:

I love DC...why is everyone dissing it?

The LA club scene isn't all that, in my opinion...NYC is way better.

Try the Roxy, Club Chrome, etc..........good luck.......or just go to Tijuana and drink all you want for 10 bucks.

Yea, I agree with Gumby about the Sky Bar...cheeseball. Too many people in all black, with black leather jackets, standing around trying to look cool, hot chicks with room temperature IQ's trying to find a guy to buy them shit...typical Hollywood cheese. Definitely not a place to go for music or atmosphere in my opinion...plenty of other spots with a view and good people.

And I can't believe you wouldn't include 18th Street Lounge in your list of DC clubs...well, I know it's a lounge and not a club, but that's THE lounge. Definitely one of the best in the country as far as vibe, music and crowd go.

Originally posted by dlish

Yea, I agree with Gumby about the Sky Bar...cheeseball. Too many people in all black, with black leather jackets, standing around trying to look cool, hot chicks with room temperature IQ's trying to find a guy to buy them shit...typical Hollywood cheese. Definitely not a place to go for music or atmosphere in my opinion...plenty of other spots with a view and good people.

And I can't believe you wouldn't include 18th Street Lounge in your list of DC clubs...well, I know it's a lounge and not a club, but that's THE lounge. Definitely one of the best in the country as far as vibe, music and crowd go.

You're totally right. There are tons of wannabe trendies there, but when your options are limited it's a good place to hang. Also, my bad for frogetting 18th St lounge, that place is the place to be. It ties with Dragonfly. DC is just too damn cold. It's 20degrees outside right now!

*Side Note: I was coming down 14th yeserday and I saw a guy spraying people with an uzi and like 10 cop cars coming. I haven't seen that since the last time I was over on Hoover!

Originally posted by crownroyal

DC is just too damn cold. It's 20degrees outside right now!

dude thats so not true, its 41, and youposted your message like 50 min ago...anyway, someother dude said, going over to Tijuana etc. , hell yeah, you can get a vial...no a jar...wait, a bucket of K if you wanted to from any vet there...the streets are dirty, gringos everywhere looking for cheap booze, cheap women and cheap drugs otay.gif

Originally posted by vicman

dude thats so not true, its 41, and youposted your message like 50 min ago...anyway, someother dude said, going over to Tijuana etc. , hell yeah, you can get a vial...no a jar...wait, a bucket of K if you wanted to from any vet there...the streets are dirty, gringos everywhere looking for cheap booze, cheap women and cheap drugs otay.gif

Bullshit maybe in DC but 20min south at Fort Belvoir sucka. TJ sucks too, too many US military there. Go to Hermosa Beach and pick up rich UCLA girls at the bar.

Originally posted by crownroyal

when your options are limited it's a good place to hang.

I'll tell you when it's a great place to chill...

try a little sunday afternoon action at the pool, get yourself some boat drinks, take in lots of skin and just as much plastic...the only way to tolerate that joint is tie a stiff one on and point and laugh!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey G-man...speaking of pool sessions, this Saturday a friend of mine is bartending this happy hour from 3-6PM at the Tropicana Pool at the Roosevelt Hotel across from the Mann Theater...right in our neighborhood...if the weather's nice that day, wanna hit it up? Then go to the Wicked party later?