Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Vic, Chyna, and Vixen

Kuro

its a nice venue going to waste. very big, the potential is there, but the crowd sucks ass, kids passed out every where, kids puking, bathrooms are nasty, no ventilation, the really pack the club, you cant move, staff is rude and treats you like fuck, guys walking around with tehir shirt off (I can understand part of it being the heat inside, but its absurd), half of the people could care less about the music, drinks are expensive, cover is expensive ($40 for Tiesto) ugh....ugh.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But its big, if they didnt pack the place as much, and staff was less rude and actually made some attempt of clearing the floor of all the passed out kids everywhere....

and the floor is disgusting, its like your dancing in puke, some epople were attempting to break dance and this cute girl actually was very good, but then I was reminded of the nastyness of the floor and it changed my opinion on her...i hope she boiled her hands sterile when she got home.

I agree with Vic. The club is huge, it's about the size of a city block in itself, but it is very dirty and appeals to a crowd that isn't really there for the music, but for the drugs and for the name. People were sick or cracked out everywhere, and they could film a great "stay off drugs" campaign in there. A lot of that is residual from the Tony Draper days when you couldn't care about the music if you were gonna go there. The newest parties are working to bring the club out of that - names like Tiesto, Max Graham, Dave Ralph, etc. on Friday nights and Junior Vasquez on Saturday nights. Also, the smaller rooms, especially the white room (vip) upstairs are beautiful - big couches and lounge space, clean white floors, not very crowded, waterfalls, ventilation... the club is kind of like the Titanic, minus the sinking part. If you can access the upper floors, you're loving it, but if you're on the bottom floor, you're with the rats. Here's hoping the two new parties can pull it out of that, but big clubs tend to have the issue that in order to make their operation profitable they have to let in everyone, including scum. Ehhh well. We'll see what happens.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I agree with Vic. The club is huge, it's about the size of a city block in itself, but it is very dirty and appeals to a crowd that isn't really there for the music, but for the drugs and for the name. People were sick or cracked out everywhere, and they could film a great "stay off drugs" campaign in there. A lot of that is residual from the Tony Draper days when you couldn't care about the music if you were gonna go there. The newest parties are working to bring the club out of that - names like Tiesto, Max Graham, Dave Ralph, etc. on Friday nights and Junior Vasquez on Saturday nights. Also, the smaller rooms, especially the white room (vip) upstairs are beautiful - big couches and lounge space, clean white floors, not very crowded, waterfalls, ventilation... the club is kind of like the Titanic, minus the sinking part. If you can access the upper floors, you're loving it, but if you're on the bottom floor, you're with the rats. Here's hoping the two new parties can pull it out of that, but big clubs tend to have the issue that in order to make their operation profitable they have to let in everyone, including scum. Ehhh well. We'll see what happens.

EXIT is not as terrible as you two make it out to be. It is a huge club, and has many of the negatives that accompany that, being very popular and very crowded, but it has many attributes that alot of people like. There are many different rooms to appease your taste, I believe about 6 diff rooms, a ridiculous huge mainfloor w/great lighting, which is an experience in itself, and the new york attitude that comes with it's patrons. Some people like the attitude, some people can't hang. It's alot based on opinion. I will agree that there is a lot of drug abuse there, but not as much as SF or any other afterhours joint. Being that the party is now switching focus, I see alot of potential over there, and will most likely be there all summer.

Originally posted by pangelid

EXIT is not as terrible as you two make it out to be. It is a huge club, and has many of the negatives that accompany that, being very popular and very crowded, but it has many attributes that alot of people like. There are many different rooms to appease your taste, I believe about 6 diff rooms, a ridiculous huge mainfloor w/great lighting, which is an experience in itself, and the new york attitude that comes with it's patrons. Some people like the attitude, some people can't hang. It's alot based on opinion. I will agree that there is a lot of drug abuse there, but not as much as SF or any other afterhours joint. Being that the party is now switching focus, I see alot of potential over there, and will most likely be there all summer.

Being that I'm from NY, I am pretty sure I can handle New Yorkers. But I don't feel NewYorkers are represented by the disgusting hoarde of crackwhores and drunkards that were in Exit on Tiesto night. I'm not saying the place doesn't have potential, I am just saying that that particular night was terrible, and the club was very unclean. And if you're gonna be all there all summer, let me know if you need a comp ;) Maybe then you can FINALLY come say hi :)

Originally posted by pangelid

well I hope they correct alot of things. of course my appreciation of Exit is based on just 1 night of being there, but it will be hard for me to go back unless the line up is wicked enough to make me want to endure all the crackheads there.

I might not be from NY, but I lived there, and have more than enough experience in dealing with a NY type of crowd both inside and outside the club environment (especially given my job), so that doesnt bother me one bit. But as a business (which it is) they are not doing a good job of ensuring repeat business from patrons, and if they keep this up, it will probably end up in the graveyard of NYC clubs. What are they waiting for to change their attitude? Does someone have to die for them to do that?