Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Neptunes

petedrags

Is anyone sweatin' them as much as me??? they must have THEE best beats in hip hop today...anyone agree???

Although they don't like to have their name on a remix they do...BUT...they produce more than they remix...I think there last remix was Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger...and there last *RELEASED* production is the new track from brandy...I'm sorry to say i don't *LOVE* this track...if they had dif. lyrics..this could be a banger...I say the instrumental takes the cake...What are your thoughts???

Originally posted by boogie1060

the neptunes are falling off, their style is getting boring and weak and they are working with the wrong people(britney spears,nsync) and they are losing a lot of respect for that.

By the summer time they will be off the map.

ehhhhh imo i think they did a smart thing to make more money. you think they give a fuck if they are loosing respect because goin to pop?? besides that is were the big $$$$ are at anyway. Granted thier style is hip-hop not pop but they are just out for the money like everyon else.

let me start of by saying that I am not a hip hop fa by any means....but there is just something about these guys that makes them so different from any other producer/remixer in hip-hop.Their beats are intelligent..obscure at times....and always funky......these guys know how to turn it out.

dave

they produce alot of hot shit, and unlike alot of producers, you can't really tell right off the bat , "this is a neptunes track", unless you have an idiot like Puff Daddy whispeing "neptunes...." in the background.

When you hear a track produced by Premier, you can tell without knowing that he produced it. Same thing , for the most part, with Dre, Jermain Dupri , Swiss Beatz, and some other big timers.

Originally posted by legend38

they produce alot of hot shit, and unlike alot of producers, you can't really tell right off the bat , "this is a neptunes track", unless you have an idiot like Puff Daddy whispeing "neptunes...." in the background.

When you hear a track produced by Premier, you can tell without knowing that he produced it. Same thing , for the most part, with Dre, Jermain Dupri , Swiss Beatz, and some other big timers.

I STRONGLY DISAGREE...If I Hear a song on the radio, TV etc...I'll pretty much tell you who the producer is...99% of the time...It could be hard for some people...But when a Neptunes track comes...I will tell you...And 100% of the time, i'm right...

neptunes are losing ZERO respect for producing brittney spears when neptunes made that track i got it and played it everywhere so do many other big time djs when u hear funk master flex playin something droppin bombs over it u no its gonna hit he runs wat is popular in ny just like dj clue broke the nsync girlfriend record this is wat hip hop is commin down to which is a good thing for a dj like myself that spins clubs neptunes and timbaland are without a doubt on top and arent slowing down anytime soon

> > SaL kLuTcH

Originally posted by petedrags

I STRONGLY DISAGREE...If I Hear a song on the radio, TV etc...I'll pretty much tell you who the producer is...99% of the time...It could be hard for some people...But when a Neptunes track comes...I will tell you...And 100% of the time, i'm right...

I agree with you 100%. When i hear a beat behind teh song i can also usually tell if it is neptunes and some other producers sometimes. It's kinda like when i hear a vocal, i can tell if it is hex or jim hienz. I dunno what it is but it is just a certain style that rite when you hear the beat your like, "yup neptunes"

Originally posted by petedrags

I dunno, thats just me. Sometimes I can pick them out, other times I can't. They are the only producers that fool me sometimes.

I can 99% of the time pick out a producer in a hip hop song, but upon hearing slave for you, the thought of the neptunes producing it never even came to mind.