Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Volleypalooza

meth

Annoying as in the crowd density, and the pretentious fuckwads that show up. Ocean Drive represents most of what is wrong with South Beach, and Volleypalooza brings all those sorts of people out.

I'd love it if a cooler magazine like DVOX or a kick ass website sponsored a volleypalooza event. Keep the models, but have teams of DJs too.

Team 1:

Laetita Casta

Lee Burridge

Gisele Bundchen (whatever her name is)

Dave Seaman

Stephanie Seymour

Carl Cox

Team 2:

Tiësto (tall fucker keep him up front)

Naomi Campbell

Dave Ralph

Eva Herzigova

Paul Van Dyk

Caprice Bourret

Now this I would go to.

For those of you who don't know, my passion used to be volleyball like many of you love the music. It is where I meet my wife and many many good friends.

Its funny but many of the agencies actually recruit the good players and make up a file to get a bunch of wringers on their teams.

This makes for some pretty interesting situations, such as my friend blasting a hit square into the nose of a 100lb twiggy look-alike. Breaking her nose with blood going everywhere.

They have since made some rules about the level of players etc. Which pretty much means if Ricky Delgatto (yes from Bar Room, the original Liquid and a bunch of other clubs) who is a pretty good player, thinks you are too good, you don't get to play.

BTW our very own Craig Demot aka Demo was taken down by my wife's team in the finals a few years ago, causing him to give up volleyball and take up DJ'ing. ;)

And for those who didn't know, Craig (who towers over even Shroomy) was one of the few good players who actually did model. Guess he got tired of that difficult work of walking up and down the runway in Italy with all the pretty people.

Hey lola,

Did you ever play beach up there?

I used to play MPVA (not sure if the tour still exists) and was constantly at Grand Haven, South Haven, Traverse City, Luddington etc...

Of course I played the typical indoor tournies and sometimes Schoolcraft, That place in Ann Arbor etc....

what good times.

BTW I know a ton of the open female VB folks, bet we have some friends in common.

Hey Shroomy,

No I didn't play much beach, but I know a few peeps that played MPVA.. I did play in a few tourney's in Flint and Davison... I played indoor co-ed double A for a while too.... I miss it sooo much.. We all had nicknames.. mine was PEANUT! haha I mostly did the tournaments in Flint, Sandusky, and at Schoolcraft...

Oh how I miss those days!!

Mondays at Holiday Park??

Lola:eek:

No it's an indoor open gym.. they pick teams and we play everyone.. It's all right competition.. Not like the ol' Double A in Michigan though.... I'm not much into beach v-ball....

It's in the gym at Holiday Park - it's like $4 to play.. starts around 6:30ish... They usually pick teams and start playing around 7-7:30pm...

Lola:tongue: