Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question re: PVD @ Sound factory 3/29/02

Originally posted by ~surreal~

sweet. once again, thx for the info. how do you know so much about pgh's nightlife? r u from here?

i keep hearing about "1814", but i don't know anyone. i guess i'm not cool enough. :( yeah right, hehe. I definitely have to check out a weeknight or sunday event since i keep hearing that it's much more enjoyable. i've been to phlo's afterhour's -- b4 it got shutdown -- and i had a great time! the music was great, it was okay, but the crowd was awsome (or maybe i was just so drunk that it didn't matter by that time, hehe :D )

laga is still 18+, but they didn't card the night we went so i guess anyone and their kid sister or brother got in.

as for rock jungle -- don't even get me started. i haven't been to tequila willy's and i doubt i will.

there is this new place called headliner's, which is suppose to be interesting. it has a sports bar, martini bar, and sushi bar w/ a dance floor and dj spinning trance. of course, the rooms are seperate, but under one roof...if i'm not mistaken. pretty "hip" for pitt, don't you think?

not from pitt but getting my grad degree here.....out in may and i'm taking a job in the city then.

1814's pretty strict.....not because they're assholes but because of the whole phlo thing. i actually wasn't a big fan of phlo....too much shadiness in that place, plus someone slipped a roofie in one of my friends drinks there one night. fucked up.

yeah but to me 1814 is pretty standard issue....my friday's nights typically consist of going to someone's party till midnight, then hitting laga till 4am then hitting 1814 till 6 and that's if im not in nyc which i come back to very often....can't stay away and there's no partying till the afternoon in pgh :)

what are your thoughts about arriving at SF around 2 or 3 am? what's the chance of there being a long wait in line?

also, since pvd is performing a 6 hr. set, can anyone tell me how he starts off and carries on throughout the night? (i.e. does he start off slow and progress into harder tracks?) Thanks (again ;) )!

what are your thoughts about arriving at SF around 2 or 3 am? what's the chance of there being a long wait in line?

also, since pvd is performing a 6 hr. set, can anyone tell me how he starts off and carries on throughout the night? (i.e. does he start off slow and progress into harder tracks?) Thanks (again ;) )!

he's awsome from start to finish. mixes it up alot. plays alot of different shit. download one of his sets. there's plenty on audiogalaxy.

who gives a fuck if hes had some commercial success? paul van dyk is one of the most dedicated, for-the-love-of-the-music, straight up talented djs out there... and he's been setting standards for a while now.. some people need a better reason to be haters

Guest spooky3012

surreal - here's some honest advice. i've been to LA alot and clubs there too. the lines at clubs in NYC arent anything like in LA. all the people that keep tellin u lines in NY are sick have never seen lines in LA. the thing is even if the lines are long in NYC, they move ALOTTT faster than in LA like at spundae and giant and those clubs where the lines barely move...BUT having said that, line for PVD is gonna be sick so try to get there early, like around 9, doors open at 10...it's not LA though, so the club wont close at 3 or 4 AM...PVD will start spinning at 2AM and spin till 8AM, so be ready for a much more intense, long, and fun night...ull love SF though and PVD is awesome, and the lines are not as bad as SF (even if theyre long theyll move fast), so get there around 9 and have an awesome time...if u have any questions, email me at Spooky3012@aol.com

that sux about your friend's drink. some people are just looney. where are you studying at?

CMU. I take it you go there too cuz we get our spring break next week. :) When you heading out to NY?

spooky -

thx for the reply. That was exactly what i needed to find out. yes, the lines in l.a. are awful! Usually long in length and the time it takes to get in...sometimes, it's not even worth it. that's l.a. for you. gotta love it, though! it's home for me no matter what. :) thx again!

dr0ne-

I'm headed to NY on friday night. looking forward to pvd's show! haven't seen him since nye! :spin2: when r u headed out there?

spooky -

thx for the reply. That was exactly what i needed to find out. yes, the lines in l.a. are awful! Usually long in length and the time it takes to get in...sometimes, it's not even worth it. that's l.a. for you. gotta love it, though! it's home for me no matter what. :) thx again!

dr0ne-

I'm headed to NY on friday night. looking forward to pvd's show! haven't seen him since nye! :spin2: when r u headed out there?

damn you were in LA for NYE weren't you? :tongue: I'm heading out friday, not sure if I'm going to PvD though....99.9% of my friends quit listening to trance many many years ago. I definetely wouldn't mind it though i'm sure everyone's gonna have an insane time there.

99.9%? Why did they stop listening to trance? What do they listen to now?

Well, I'm anticipating a good time. I'll be going on pure red-bull & gin. Let's hope that keeps me awake till 8 am! I've never drank past 2 am, so keep your fingers crossed for me! :tongue:

99.9%? Why did they stop listening to trance? What do they listen to now?

Well, I'm anticipating a good time. I'll be going on pure red-bull & gin. Let's hope that keeps me awake till 8 am! I've never drank past 2 am, so keep your fingers crossed for me! :tongue:

i think they stop selling liquor at the sauce factory either 3 or 4 but i forget. yeah maybe ill go if i can find someone who's down to waiting in line for like 2 hours.