Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cluB JOY..... MADRID

has anyone ever been?

i went there last night and i must say the place was really phat. there were people from all over the world. there was 3 floors set up similar to exit and the dancefloor was like te size of factory. They played some really good house, but every once in a while they played like a britney spears song (wtf) during an intense house set..... weird. They actually played rapture at like 6 and i must say i am soooo sick of that song but maybe its popular here. for the most part the music was sick except for some really bad cheesy songs. There was a dance performace as well and i must say those spanish women can dance.... better than anything i have seen in the city. Drinks were 12 Euro (about 10 bucks) The club closed at like 6 45 and i got home at like 7 30..... even though its a 30 second walk.....:confused: So far i havent been to a club better than NYC!!!!!! If anyone is planning on going to Madrid you should definitly hit up Club Joy and Capital (seven floors).

peace out from Madrid...... bocc.

:peeright::peeleft:

Been to both Joy and Kapital. Cool clubs, but definitely a bit on the cheesy side when it comes to the music. What's cool is that they're so big, you can explore all these different rooms and alleyways, etc. Also, there are some gorgeous girls.

Madrid absolutely rocks. Really cool people, the Spaniards. I spent 5 years growing up there, and would live there again in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

Hope you had/are having a good time.....

I agree that Kapital and Joy are definitely worth a visit to when in Madrid but they really are a bit on the cheezy side. They almost have tourist trap potential.

I was there last Sunday and was shooting the shit with some Irish dudes at a bar and they mentioned a place called Weekends. I checked it out and it was an absolutely sick time. Great tribal house (definitely no Britney Spears) and a great crowd. It definitely had more of a NYC feel to it and lets just say the party favors were in abundance as well. I guess the people that throw this party (its only on Sundays) have a bunch of others during the week. Check it out:

www.tripfamily.com

Cheers

I agree that Kapital and Joy are definitely worth a visit to when in Madrid but they really are a bit on the cheezy side. They almost have tourist trap potential.

I was there last Sunday and was shooting the shit with some Irish dudes at a bar and they mentioned a place called Weekends. I checked it out and it was an absolutely sick time. Great tribal house (definitely no Britney Spears) and a great crowd. It definitely had more of a NYC feel to it and lets just say the party favors were in abundance as well. I guess the people that throw this party (its only on Sundays) have a bunch of others during the week. Check it out:

www.tripfamily.com

Cheers

Originally posted by giggsie

www.tripfamily.com

Cheers

i definitly agree that they are cheesy clubs.... definitly not hard to get coke (although i dont do coke). i was really confused as to why they changed up the music like that... it was weird, but its definitly cool going to clubs in other countries especially when the scene is similar to NYC... the spaniards definitly can keep up as far as dancing.... i didnt stop the whole night... except for those like 5 really gay songs..... Joy is definitly worth hittin up if youre a fan of clubs..... oh and i asked the DJ where he got his music and he said he gets alot from NYC..... anyways.... back in Firenze now...... peace......

I can't believe Kapital and Joy are still around. I was studying in Madrid over 5 years ago and I use to hit those clubs every now and them. I do agree that they're the equivalent to Webster Hall in NYC (tourist trap) but I always managed to make the most of it and had a good time. Kapital is fun just for exploring all the different floors and nooks and crannies. I also use to hit some place called "el palacio" that was a couple of blocks away from Joy...wonder if that's still around.