Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visiting New York

waapsh

Hey everyone.. Im going to N.Y.C for my spring break.

If anyone knows of any good clubs, raves, musicals, restaurants, places to see, museums, ANYTHING that might be fun let me know.. OHHH!! and a cool hostel to stay at.

i'm F/21 and from California.. los angeles area San Fernando valley. near Northridge.. but im going to school at U.C.S.B

Thanks for you help.. maybe we could hang out too

Originally posted by waapsh

If anyone knows of any good clubs, raves, musicals, restaurants, places to see, museums, ANYTHING that might be fun let me know.. OHHH!! and a cool hostel to stay at.

i'm F/21 and from California.. los angeles area San Fernando valley. near Northridge.. but im going to school at U.C.S.B

Hi, when exactly are you coming to NYC?

GBH Friday nights at Centro-fly has great house and hip-hop music - email me at party@broidy.com for party info.

I have had friends that stayed at Big Apple hostel near Times Square and it was decent and clean. You might want to check out http://newyork.citysearch.com for answers to your other questions.

peace

Originally posted by waapsh

change ur plan and go to Miami in spring .. for Winter music conference u will have a blast .. its from 22nd top 27th

-museum = metropolitan museum of art

-club on friday = exit (good place for first timers)

-club on saturday = soundfactory

-madame tussauds wax museum http://www.madame-tussauds.com/site/frameset.htm

-mars 2112 = a restaurant using the setting of mars, really fuckin cool http://www.mars2112.com/

be sure to visit central park and times square as well. the mtv studio is located right over time square.

soundfactory saturdays is entertained by dj jonathan peters, he spins your typical club/house music.

exit fridays have no resident dj as of yet, mostly guest djs right now, but expect trance

you can check both of their websites in advance for a listing of what events are happening

soundfactory -> www.soundfactorynyc.com

exit's i forget, someone fill me in

Hey Waapsh.....

Junior is now spinning at a party called Earth located at Exit2 on 56th and 11th Ave. The party starts late, real late @ 6am Sunday morning. It's gets good around 10 and goes until around 4pm. The last party I went to over Presidents weekend was sick. He nailed it all day. The party is gaining momentum and you should definately check it out, especially if you are a Junior fan. The crowd is decent and the music he's been playing lately is really dark, sexy, and, hard, with just the right amount of vocals.

As far as Sound Factory goes, I use to party there all summer and it's definately an experience. Again its late - gets good around 6am Sunday and goes til the afternoon. The shows are amazing and Jonathan Peters is freaking sick. Really, hard, tech, shit. It's NOT your average house/club music in my opinion. And the crowd is very bridge and tunnel, kinda guido, but not too bad. It's definately not for the faint at heart.

Friday, I would chill at lounges or smaller venues. I wouldn't hit any of the "big" clubs. They all suck on Fridays.

Let me know if you have any other questions.