Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satoshi Tomiie- GU Nubreed

joeygk

Shady was right and I was wrong, it's Satoshi and not Craig Richards doing the next Nubreed! I got this info off www.xpander.nl

Next NuBreed album: Satoshi Tomiie

Satoshi Tomiie, label owner of Saw Recordings and one of Japan's most successful International DJs and house producers is doing the next Nubreed album for Global Underground. It will be released around June/July 2002.

The result of a partnership with Frankie Knuckles back in 1989 was one of those moments that brought Satoshi under the attention as a talented producer. "Tears" was a defining moment in vocal house and a song now commonly regarded as an all time classic. Satoshi soon took the leap and moved to New York. Since then he has gone on to become a major part of the acclaimed Def Mix crew. Through this relationship he has remixed and worked with the likes of Simply Red, David Bowie, U2, Mariah Carey, Misia (Japan's #1 R&B artist), just to name a few.

The challenge of spinning along side house greats like David Morales and Frankie Knuckles became the motivation for developing his own sound and identity. "Up in Flames", one of the singles from his debut album for Sony entitled "Full Lick", included mixes from John Digweed and became a number one dance hit in the UK. It is also featured on a number of mix cd's including NuBreed, mixed by Steve Lawler. One of the best tracks on the last John Digweed GU album was "Love in Traffic", the latest release from "Full Lick" in addition to three other "Satoshi" productions/ remixes.

Satoshi has inked a deal with Global Underground to release 3 compilations. This summer will once again include a Pacha/Ibiza residency where he will spin along side his favorite guests. His 2002 world tour is underway throughout Asia, USA, Canada and Europe. (26/02/02)

Originally posted by vicman

hell yeah, the darker the better, so dark it will be obscure, morbid, deadly, macabre...

I don't think Satoshi knows any other way. This Nubreed, along with a rumored compilation that Saeed & Palash are supposed to do this year, will be my top two most awaited CD's in 2002...

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I don't think Satoshi knows any other way. This Nubreed, along with a rumored compilation that Saeed & Palash are supposed to do this year, will be my top two most awaited CD's in 2002...

Saeed and Palash are coming out with a CD this year? Finally.

I am also waiting for Sasha's new CD, solo, not a GU.

Saeed and Palash are coming out with a CD this year? Finally.

I am also waiting for Sasha's new CD, solo, not a GU.

Yeah, I heard S&P are contracted to do a CD this year. Read that in an interview with them. They're also hitting the studio hardcore, and will have a whole string of releases this year on their own Addictive and other labels.

2002 is the year of Saeed & Palash!

I'm not gonna hold my breath for Sasha's CD. It's been pushed back so often, that I've gotten to the point where I don't even give a shit. I'll pirate that shit off AudioGalaxy or something. Cause all this hype that's been generated about it for the past year and a half can only lead to disappointment over the $20 spent.

Yeah, I heard S&P are contracted to do a CD this year. Read that in an interview with them. They're also hitting the studio hardcore, and will have a whole string of releases this year on their own Addictive and other labels.

2002 is the year of Saeed & Palash!

I'm not gonna hold my breath for Sasha's CD. It's been pushed back so often, that I've gotten to the point where I don't even give a shit. I'll pirate that shit off AudioGalaxy or something. Cause all this hype that's been generated about it for the past year and a half can only lead to disappointment over the $20 spent.

i never wait for any CD to come out..it its there I'll take a listen if I like it I'll get it, if its OK, i get some one to burn it...anyway, whats up with the rumor that your mixing the new MoS CD?

BTW, did you know that MoS will now be "Ministry of Shady"? :D

I thought I read somewhere that you were looking to expand into the world of "fairy trance" and were putting together an new festival for gatecrasher entitled: The Shadycrasher Experience.

Shhhh. That's a secret project I'm working on with Fergie and Oakie.

The Shadycrasher festival is scheduled to be held in a farm near Green Bay, Wisconsin on 4th of July Weekend.

Confirmed DJ's:

Area 1: Sausageworld

Shadygroove (legendary 24hr set)

ATB

George Acosta

Pete Moutso

Darude

Area 2: The Mangrove

Paul Oakenfold

Alex Kelly

Ian Van Dahl

Alice Deejay

Area 2: The Love Tent

Fergie

Armin Van Helden

Melanie C

Fragma

for tix & info call: 1-900-dj-shady

tix on sale at the following fine establishments: GLOW (DC), Badlands (DC), Exit (NYC), World (NYC)

The Shadycrasher festival is scheduled to be held in a farm near Green Bay, Wisconsin on 4th of July Weekend.

Confirmed DJ's:

Area 1: Sausageworld

Shadygroove (legendary 24hr set)

ATB

George Acosta

Pete Moutso

Darude

Area 2: The Mangrove

Paul Oakenfold

Alex Kelly

Ian Van Dahl

Alice Deejay

Area 2: The Love Tent

Fergie

Armin Van Helden

Melanie C

Fragma

for tix & info call: 1-900-dj-shady

tix on sale at the following fine establishments: GLOW (DC), Badlands (DC), Exit (NYC), World (NYC)

Rumor is that the new remix of Darude 'sandstorm' the shadygroove man'tastic extended full size edit will drop at the festival. Insiders have described the new remix as: "trance," "trancy," "trance-alicious," "trance-fabulous," "very fairy trance," and "trance-attomic-trancebomb!" Now that's how you make a track!

Originally posted by joeygk

Rumor is that the new remix of Darude 'sandstorm' the shadygroove man'tastic extended full size edit will drop at the festival. Insiders have described the new remix as: "trance," "trancy," "trance-alicious," "trance-fabulous," "very fairy trance," and "trance-attomic-trancebomb!" Now that's how you make a track!

It's true. The cat's out of the bag. In this new tune, I have incorporated a record breaking drumroll coming out of the breakdown. Once this tune drops, I will be the world record holder for the longest drumroll known to mankind. At 140 BPM, the drumroll lasts for a full five minutes. Yes, five minutes. Anyone rolling their nuts off will fall to the floor in pure bliss.

It's true. The cat's out of the bag. In this new tune, I have incorporated a record breaking drumroll coming out of the breakdown. Once this tune drops, I will be the world record holder for the longest drumroll known to mankind. At 140 BPM, the drumroll lasts for a full five minutes. Yes, five minutes. Anyone rolling their nuts off will fall to the floor in pure bliss.

Holy Sh*t..............that sounds man'tastic! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paul Oakenfolds comments on the new tune:

"Without a doubt there is a new ambassador of trance in this new millenium. His hard work ethic and devotion to trance will allow us to explore the new realms of trance, allow us to go to areas where trance has not been to, to a dimension unknown to mankind.

His work on Darude's 'Sandstorm' is just the tip of the iceberg, we will be hearing alont from shadygrove in the years to come"

there are a couple of sirens going off in the backgroiund in some areas of the new track...underground version of the new tune is all over the web

the track is revolutionary......it incorporates a lighthouse fog horn, a train horn, a police siren, 2 ambulance horns, a bike whistle, 13 kazoos and the new "electronic" cow bell!

Originally posted by joeygk

the track is revolutionary......it incorporates a lighthouse fog horn, a train horn, a police siren, 2 ambulance horns, a bike whistle, 13 kazoos and the new "electronic" cow bell!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

shady confirms that there will be a video made for this mega mix.