Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satoshi- next GU Nubreed

joeygk

I guess alot of people already knew, but I got this info off www.xpander.nl

Next NuBreed album: Satoshi Tomiie

Satoshi Tomiie, label owner of Saw Recordings and one of Japan's most successful International DJs and house producers is doing the next Nubreed album for Global Underground. It will be released around June/July 2002.

The result of a partnership with Frankie Knuckles back in 1989 was one of those moments that brought Satoshi under the attention as a talented producer. "Tears" was a defining moment in vocal house and a song now commonly regarded as an all time classic. Satoshi soon took the leap and moved to New York. Since then he has gone on to become a major part of the acclaimed Def Mix crew. Through this relationship he has remixed and worked with the likes of Simply Red, David Bowie, U2, Mariah Carey, Misia (Japan's #1 R&B artist), just to name a few.

The challenge of spinning along side house greats like David Morales and Frankie Knuckles became the motivation for developing his own sound and identity. "Up in Flames", one of the singles from his debut album for Sony entitled "Full Lick", included mixes from John Digweed and became a number one dance hit in the UK. It is also featured on a number of mix cd's including NuBreed, mixed by Steve Lawler. One of the best tracks on the last John Digweed GU album was "Love in Traffic", the latest release from "Full Lick" in addition to three other "Satoshi" productions/ remixes.

Satoshi has inked a deal with Global Underground to release 3 compilations. This summer will once again include a Pacha/Ibiza residency where he will spin along side his favorite guests. His 2002 world tour is underway throughout Asia, USA, Canada and Europe. (26/02/02)

i was approached by the boxed boys to do the next nu breed, but i had to turn them down. ive been very busy doing the remixes for cher's new single - its gonna be a combination of tribal house and gabber and its sounding so bomb. that is the only reason satoshi is getting to do it.

Originally posted by djduchovony

i was approached by the boxed boys to do the next nu breed, but i had to turn them down. ive been very busy doing the remixes for cher's new single - its gonna be a combination of tribal house and gabber and its sounding so bomb. that is the only reason satoshi is getting to do it.

okay ! :rolleyes:

This is nice info. Satoshi Tomiie has reached stardom and completely deserves to be the 6th NuBreed. His production is solid as well as his mixing. Kudos! to the Japanese house master :)

Predictions:

Cass - NuBreed 07

Craig Richards - NuBreed 08

John 'Quivver' Graham - NuBreed 09

Steve Porter - NuBreed 010

Rowan Blades (Breeder) - NuBreed 011