Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Difference between Bunka & Abyss

I'm not a promoter or have job with any of the clubs. I'm just reg. guy who goes to clubs...

From my experieces with both clubs, this is the feeling I receive from both of their staffs...

When I walk into Club Abyss, all bouncers are very friendly and says hello / have great time, etc... It automatically puts me and my friends in good mood... It just makes it happy to be there when everyone is nice to you.

Whereas when i walk into Hunka Bunka, get treated like Bouncers are superiors and they are so much better than us (clubbers). I think if their attitude/ not just bouncers but also some staff at Bunka, they can bring in more people...

as for the Bartenders, Most of them in both clubs are very friendly... except for few in Bunka.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by phamousman

I'm not a promoter or have job with any of the clubs. I'm just reg. guy who goes to clubs...

...and you're also a newbie. Who hasn't posted anything else besides this question. So why don't you tell us what prompted THIS issue as your first post?

Someone needs to :biggun: all this shit real fast cause it is REALLY getting old.

No because lately all this fighting shit has gone over the edge about which place is better, which place has a larger crowd... and I'm sorry if this is not meant for you, yes you're right you can say your thoughts on a messageboard- go ahead, say both places suck for all I care. All I am saying is that I can't stand the way people make this all a competition- and certain people are really starting to make low comments that are NOT very nice and frankly, very immature. Alright, I'm stopping now- I don't want to go any further...again I'm sorry, go ahead and finish your thought...

well, my message can be taken bad or good...

But I would hope they (Hunka Bunka people) take an advice from outsider...

I seriously think that club would do better if they made guests feel right at home...

I am not saying I have bad times there at all........

Originally posted by StArBrYte

No because lately all this fighting shit has gone over the edge about which place is better, which place has a larger crowd... and I'm sorry if this is not meant for you, yes you're right you can say your thoughts on a messageboard- go ahead, say both places suck for all I care. All I am saying is that I can't stand the way people make this all a competition- and certain people are really starting to make low comments that are NOT very nice and frankly, very immature. Alright, I'm stopping now- I don't want to go any further...again I'm sorry, go ahead and finish your thought...

go to sleep already!....

i'll never go back to that place unless they get rid of the chicken.....why oh why would a club want to smell like chicken all night.....stupid idea

Originally posted by StArBrYte

All I am saying is that I can't stand the way people make this all a competition- and certain people are really starting to make low comments that are NOT very nice and frankly, very immature.

On the Jersey board, never....What ever are you talking about???

:blown: :blown: :blown:

ABYSS/BUNKA fued has gone on for YEARS! LITERALLY! Promoters and staff from each slam the opposing club.... Its ALWAYS been like that....When you have 2 of the biggest and best known clubs in NJ going head to head in the SAME town on the SAME nights everyone, especially promoters will do and say anything to get ppl into their venue to cash in....simple as that....

When you become a veteran like me you know and are friends with ppl from both clubs and their is a mutal respect amoung us.

I agree! I have worked for both clubs, for long periods of time and have made friends from each. The feud is stupid and really can't be taken seriously considering both clubs try to offer the same things...A fun time. All in all I like both of them for different reasons and don't bash one cause I work at the other. :D:hat:

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

I agree! I have worked for both clubs, for long periods of time and have made friends from each. The feud is stupid and really can't be taken seriously considering both clubs try to offer the same things...A fun time. All in all I like both of them for different reasons and don't bash one cause I work at the other. :D:hat:

Which one you work at now?

Originally posted by pipdaddy

i'll never go back to that place unless they get rid of the chicken.....why oh why would a club want to smell like chicken all night.....stupid idea

Ha ha, I was just going to post, "I like Bunka better cause Abyss smells" but I see you already beat me to it!

Nevertheless, I enjoy both clubs, but like Bunka better

Phamousman actually has a point.

Both clubs have gotten better, but when I first started going to both of them. I always found the bouncers at Abyss to be polite, while I felt like the Bunka guys were always harassing people. I do not notice any more, but you are right about that.

It is amazing how sensitive and defensive people get, this is a good question.

i agree about the bartender comment!!! both bunka and abyss have excellent bar staff!!! i've made several great friends from slamming them down at the bars in both places!!! Bouncers everywhere tend to have that "god" complex...i guess its just their nature... but your right, abyss's bouncers are exceptionally nice, must be the prozac we slip them each night!!! hehehe... and as for bunka, i've never had a problem personally with them, but that could be from the case of 100 proof soco i bought for them last summer!!!

best advice i can give: always kiss your bartenders ass!!! thay can make the night good or bad in a matter of 2 drinks!!!