Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So did any one do the mid day "BREAKS"? last night (reviews?)

I couldn't make it..

I had to go to Jersey and look at a new pad

I'm moving into that's waayyyy more affordable

than the place I'm in now..

But I had the Breaks crew on my mind

the entire time and the sounds of DJ WOOL..

banging in my headphones on the way there and back..

Any one hit up BIG APPLE..

or Bitter sweet?

Karl?

Joeg?

Reviews anyone?

What did I miss?

{begin mugz style}

i did the apple

party at coal

cara and wool

and guest royce

were all spot on

but

but but but

Wool topped it with his late night

set

taking us all the way back to 1990

with classics like

2 bad mice - bombscare

and a mash up

of Whitney Houston and Kraftwerk.

which got mr. hacker

all hot and bothered.

tasty drinks

great people

effing quality evening.

looks like i have a new

home on thursdays

{end mugz style}

Yeah, I was too tired to write coherent review...

I went to coal last night, BIG cp turnout... Place was packed all night.. very cool... music was on-point as per usual...

I was so dissapointed that I had to leave at like 1:30 because apparently my lifestyle is catching up with me, or i'm just getting sick or something... I just couldn't stay longer and stay awake for my drive home...

I heard Glen dropped bombscare late in the night!

I can't think of much else, because I'm literally battling with my eyes to stay awake... I think i need to take a nap before I hit plexi tonight... (i've literally yawned about 4 times in the course of writing this post... this is rediculous)

Originally posted by djmissbliss

this weekend i'm gonna work on the shirts & the april flyer. wanna help me? i don't know shit about making stuff for print. bleed, dpi, a blank border and stuff..?? ack!

C

I would love to..

I'm gonna be pacfking and painting and trying

to get ready for the big move so It'll have to be a quicky.

Are you planning on stopping by Filter 14 tonight?

You should...

See ya~

Originally posted by mugwump

so It'll have to be a quicky.

ugh... I thought I had more self control than this...

<Insert innapropriate joke here>

Hmmm.... i'm thinking of filter tonight too... I just need to rest for like an hour or 2 to get my energy back...

Originally posted by joeg

ugh... I thought I had more self control than this...

<Insert innapropriate joke here>

Hmmm.... i'm thinking of filter tonight too... I just need to rest for like an hour or 2 to get my energy back...

ummm..yea!

Ok Joe..

U can get your mind out of the gutter

now....

QUICK art is no joking matter!

lol*

see ya @ filter..

(if ya can make it alive!)

U wankers. I don't mean 2 ruffle feathers, but u missed one of the top sets of the year so far last nite @ BSB, the whole lot of u. Infinitee & MC Linzee scorched the lil bar everyone's forgotten about (or more likely never heard of) in Billyburg. The man has mixing skills and scratching very close to the levels of the mighty Wool and brings an infectious nrg that's more or less alien to the NY party area. Hands down his relatively long (100 mins, which is long for a bar party) set stole the nite, not that CER & Robinson lacked anything themselves. But really, the sound and vibe they were creating (b4 a relatively tiny crowd mind u) was inspiring to watch & to listen to. It was very much old skool funky west coast breax mixed in with alot kickin Fla beats that are definitely different from what you'd hear say, Cara play, usually anyway. And I think the percussion he brings in on alot of that stuff doesn't really sound like Atomik Rage's old skool choons either. Not having spent enough time in the West Coast breax heartland, I can't definitively put my finger on the magical musical element he injects into his music, maybe it's PLUR, maybe it's the touches (actually more like large juicey chunx) of acid he sweetens his mixes with, or maybe it's the mad skillz he constantly sprinkles over top his track melange, but this badass Bay Area titan can spin it with the best of em! And seriously, I'd say openly to Cara and Glen, u lot should book em 4 your party in May, along with Linzee who I'll get to in a second. His sounds flow well with yours Cara, and his skills (among others) mix seamlessly with yours, Glen.

What 2 say about the mighty Linzee's top flight crooning skills? Well 1st off, I haven't seen a MC strut her (or his stuff) atop a breax set, but ytf not? Basically what she was treating us lucky few to was a top flight Junglistic level intensity of delivery, but just @ lowe BPMs. This woman can belt and she does so with class, as smooth as any local jungle MC could, if not on a par with the best of the UK chanteuses (YET!). And b/c the bpms were not @ the level of a jungle set, you had a similar intensity in her stylings, her intensity simmered, never quite blowin up the way it probably would've in a jungle set, but always on the verge of doing so. The flow she seamlessly created overtop Sean's mixing made it seem like a organic part of his set. What a brilliant concept to put these 2 together (like chocolate and peanut butter :tongue: ) & didn't anyone think of this sooner? I can't even imagine how good she'd sound crooning atop a nu skool set from one of our local titans. In short, it was a fab hour and 40 mins that was the nite's highlight.

Last nite was much more of a let it all rip old skool party from Robinson in particular, and the last half hour of the party felt like I was listening to my own old late 80s kick butt breaks, freestyle collection. Sweet Sensation, Morris Day & the Time, the original Stakker Humanoid (which I never heard b4) and the mighty mighty Theme from S'Express (come on & listen 2 the Juggernaut OOO OOO OOO!!!!!) holy shit does it show how phat dance music was from that decade. U like your stuff new, I can respect that but Robinson really gave us a history lesson going back 4 decades last nite in his set that I can't really think anyone has matched, from the traxx I mentioned 2 Kraftwerk, some stuff from the 60s, and healthy doses of early 80s electro that spanned the gambit of breax's roots...the only thing missing was hip hop...well we did get a lil of that from Linzee I guess and since Robinson is a hip hop DJ too, u can hear that whenever u want, so nothing lost there even really.

The mighty CER's trip back in time was likewise very nice and varied kickin off with a Frankie Bones mix of the Shamen's early 90s club monster "Move Any Mountain!" Holy crap did that likewise take me back. CER's set covered the gambit from funkyish beat filled older breaks to solid doses of electrobreax, alot of early proggy breax, and some healthy doses of housey influences as well. Varied indeed, and again a departure from his trademark nu skool heavy sound. It certainly shows the depth of his influences.

So what can I say? Lame turnout, but u all had fun @ Coal, so that's cool. We had a phat time all the same. Shouts: the Mikes, Sean, Siren, Linzee, Steve, Kristie, Kim, the bartending MC. Let's do this again. Peace.

Originally posted by jayp

{begin mugz style}

a mash up

of Whitney Houston and Kraftwerk.

which got mr. hacker

all hot and bothered.

{end mugz style}

i love those krazy krauts.

btw,

that shit ain't xml-compliant.

not even sgml-compliant.

i pity tha fool!