Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is it me or was club music better about 3 years ago than now??

really?....you all thought Razor and Guido remixes and Johnny Vicious remixes were better than some of the stuff from today?!!!........cmon! I mean there are particular songs that stand out as great songs that are still good and nice to remember....but there's no way in my opinion that things were better then. As you said...its the music of the future....because its continuing to develop and producers just keep getting better and better...making their tracks more and more complex. None of this simple stuff like DO IT AGAIN....there's no complexity there. Now compare it to say , Not Such and Innocent Girl (Rivera dub)...which is just so much more complex with different elements going on at the same time, etc.

For you to say music was better 3 years ago is to say we just went backwards the past 3 years......I disagree.

Sorry..had to be honest..

Originally posted by carusomaas11

really?....you all thought Razor and Guido remixes and Johnny Vicious remixes were better than some of the stuff from today?!!!........cmon! I mean there are particular songs that stand out as great songs that are still good and nice to remember....but there's no way in my opinion that things were better then. As you said...its the music of the future....because its continuing to develop and producers just keep getting better and better...making their tracks more and more complex. None of this simple stuff like DO IT AGAIN....there's no complexity there. Now compare it to say , Not Such and Innocent Girl (Rivera dub)...which is just so much more complex with different elements going on at the same time, etc.

For you to say music was better 3 years ago is to say we just went backwards the past 3 years......I disagree.

I agree completely.........

some of those tracks that were big 3 years ago can be made by a mediocre producer in one day.........guaranteed.

the production now is way better........whether people like it or not is a matter of opinion.........I think this comes about because you can relate those old songs with good memories and they're classics now.........in a few years we'll say the same.

we're just getting older ;)

Originally posted by carusomaas11

Totally agree, I remember hanging at Metro when it first opened and hearing Do it again (it was like the hottest song around) and the Tamperer, this Joy, Unspeakable Joy, and a bunch of other songs that if you heard them today you would probably walk out of a club

Music has definatly changed a lot in the past few years. Then again look at ow much it has changed in the past generation s going from Elvis and the Beatles to Electronica and Trance to so many varieties. Thats what makes music so great. The variety that everyone can like a particular style. Just my opinion.

K