Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm going too.....

prplhz

Jess, that trip sounds awesome!! Where in Italy are you going to end up? Just about anywhere is great, but Rome has SO much history... it's almost TOO much!

I'm back from skiing in Vermont for the past few days. Went up with a bunch of friends and stayed in an amazing house w/ pool table, foosball table, huge hot tub outside, ski-on-ski-off access, the works! It was awesome... most people stayed up until Thursday, I had to come back to work. :(

Drew, I made it to Avalon on Friday but didn't get there until 11:30ish. I tried to find you but with the huge crowd inside I couldn't see you anywhere. The night was OK... but I definitely agree Van Buuren was a bit old, tired and kind of boring. Everytime I see a trance DJ they disappoint me lately... maybe I just don't like trance. Or, maybe the "Dutch Trance Masters" are just boring in my book. I'm definitely not that excited to see Tiesto, but then again, I'll probably go see him anyway (I mean, what better am I going to find on a Friday?). :tongue:

How's everyone holding up?? :hat:

Yo, I figured I would have bumped into you that night. I wasn't in there until midnight. I had a red bull for ya and all. But I didn't think he was that great. I am looking forward to Tiesto and then S&D.

Skiing must have been a blast and sucked to come home from!

Originally posted by kaydup

Yo, I figured I would have bumped into you that night. I wasn't in there until midnight. I had a red bull for ya and all. But I didn't think he was that great. I am looking forward to Tiesto and then S&D.

Skiing must have been a blast and sucked to come home from!

I seriously brought in a flask of vodka for us... too bad we never connected!

I was pretty much a mess on Friday. Had a really good time though. Somehow Jackie and I ended up dancing on a speaker for like half an hour :blank: Not a move I like to make, but apparently the people around us were eating it up! :tongue: All I know is that I came home with a few sets of beads :D

Skiing was an awesome trip... can't wait to go back up there for the whole week next time!

Originally posted by prplhz

Europe and Ibiza! I just made my flight plans, and my hotels. I am going to Paris, Italy and then to IBIZA!!!

Can't wait the trip of a lifetime...

Hey girly congrats!!! You two are going to have the best time!!! And God knows you deserve/need a vacation :D

Ya I hear ya... I can't wait to get out of here today. I'm so glad I get to leave at 4. I'm going home and taking some Nyquil and going to bed:(

I got those pics by doing a search on Yahoo for Preps. Came back with a ton of sites.

*note... remember how I told you yesterday how to link a pic by using the address once you right clicked. Well if you are having trouble linking that way you can save the pic to your pc then post it on cp as an attachment. Once it's posted go and click on the attachment so it will open in it's own window and copy and past the link address at the top of that window and add it into your profile that way. God I hope that made some kind of sense.:rolleyes: Please let me know if you need anymore help.

Example of what I'm talking about (I had to do that with the girl in the pink dress)http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85066

Well I am flying into Paris, staying there for a few days then taking the Euro to Italy, I think we are going to Venice for one day then Rome for 1 1/2 days then back onto the Euro to go to Spain, Barcelona we are then going to take the ferry from there to Ibiza and be in Ibiza for 5 days. We are going to be seeing PVD spin at Cream on the first too. I love PVD, actually practically all of the dates I picked for Ibiza revovled around that one day. Anyone want to come on my luggage... hehe:D

Well I am flying into Paris, staying there for a few days then taking the Euro to Italy, I think we are going to Venice for one day then Rome for 1 1/2 days then back onto the Euro to go to Spain, Barcelona we are then going to take the ferry from there to Ibiza and be in Ibiza for 5 days. We are going to be seeing PVD spin at Cream on the first too. I love PVD, actually practically all of the dates I picked for Ibiza revovled around that one day. Anyone want to come on my luggage... hehe:D

Yeah I will jump in your luggage. But we will need a big trunk and someone to carry it:D

Wow, talk about a vacation, that should be awesome!! I went from Venice to Italy to Barcelona (with a stop in between) when I was over there and it was great... just be warned, the train ride to and from Rome is WAY long. The best advice I could ever give is get couchettes (sleeper cars on the train). That way you travel while it's night time so you're not missing anything, plus you don't have to pay for a hotel room that night so you save a lot of money. The best move is to reserve seats for your departure as soon as you arrive at the train station (couchettes go really fast, they can be tough to get). We learned this lesson the hard way... spending 8 hours in a train is a hell of a lot better when you're sleeping!

Barcelona will be an awesome warm-up for Ibiza! The people party there all night long, and everything is SO cheap (we found liters of beer for 80 cents... can you beat that!?!)

I'm jealous of your trip... can't wait to head back over there!!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

Well that's what we had planned on doing, someone else told us we should travel the long routes during hte night 1 you don't have to pay for hotel during night and 2 you aren't missing the day. So you took the train from Rome to Barcelona? How long did it take? What about Venice to Rome? Just trying to get ideas about time. So you didn't make reservations before you went to Europe? We are thinking about making reservation so that we don't have to worry about anything. Just want to get some ideas of the way things work over there.

Is it July yet?

Well that's what we had planned on doing, someone else told us we should travel the long routes during hte night 1 you don't have to pay for hotel during night and 2 you aren't missing the day. So you took the train from Rome to Barcelona? How long did it take? What about Venice to Rome? Just trying to get ideas about time. So you didn't make reservations before you went to Europe? We are thinking about making reservation so that we don't have to worry about anything. Just want to get some ideas of the way things work over there.

Is it July yet?

We didn't quite take the train from Rome to Barcelona... we stopped off in Nice (in the south of france) which was AMAZING! We were there the weekend of the Cann Film Festival and the Monoco Grand Prix. Talk about timing! I'll warn you though, the train ride from Rome to Barcelona is going to SUCK... I'd guess it's somewhere in the 8 - 10 hour range... and I'd guess closer to 10 than 8.

We did take the train from Venice to Rome though, and that wasn't too too bad.. I think it was about 6 or so.

We never made reservations ahead of time (unless we were reserving couchettes) because we didn't have a ridgid intinerary (if we liked it somewhere we stayed longer, if not, we just left). It can't hurt to plan ahead, just make sure you catch that train!!

If you're not getting a sleeper car, you can almost always get onto a train with no problems. When we came up from Rome to Nice the train was incredibly packed (because of the Grand Prix) but we still had a seat... just not a comfortable one. It was probably one of the worst nights of my life (again, enforcing the couchettes! :))

If you have any questions or would like any tips, just let me know. I'm not like a super world-traveler or anything, but I've been in your shoes before!