Clubplanet Nightlife Community

All Hail Richie Hawtin!

Destination NYC maybe wasnt the best organized event, but the music was timeless...Morillo was great of course, Carl Cox was amazing but Hawtin oh Hawtin, first time I have ever heard a live set...at first I was like nah this isnt him but DC you aint heard the REAL Hawtin unless you heard his set in NYC!!1 Im telling you to understand his set gave me chills up my spine...darker than dark, more evil than anyone is how he played!! Started out fawking hard and ended nicely with a dark track. I am now a NEW FOLLOWER!! Techno has been brought to a whole another level with Richie!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO...alot of ppl didnt like his set but I just think they arent ready for what this dj is made of..Full on review coming soon on the home page of Clubplanet!

FAwking sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL RICHIE HAWTIN

:eek::D:smoke:

CD

yes! another convert! and you know i dig anyone who loves richie hawtin! have you listened to his Closer to Edit CD? teh newest one? i think i've gone off about the actual production on teh cd like a million fucking times. . . honesly, the subtlety of his music is so beautiful, it makes me emotional. . .and then i start to weep. . .forreal

Originally posted by chynado11

Destination NYC maybe wasnt the best organized event, but the music was timeless...Morillo was great of course, Carl Cox was amazing but Hawtin oh Hawtin, first time I have ever heard a live set...at first I was like nah this isnt him but DC you aint heard the REAL Hawtin unless you heard his set in NYC!!1 Im telling you to understand his set gave me chills up my spine...darker than dark, more evil than anyone is how he played!! Started out fawking hard and ended nicely with a dark track. I am now a NEW FOLLOWER!! Techno has been brought to a whole another level with Richie!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO...alot of ppl didnt like his set but I just think they arent ready for what this dj is made of..Full on review coming soon on the home page of Clubplanet!

FAwking sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL RICHIE HAWTIN

:eek::D:smoke:

CD

My friend Jambi hated Hawtin's set - isn't that funny? Two totally different opinions! But I think I understand what you're saying. I love that evile shiznit!

Originally posted by scratchapella

yes! another convert! and you know i dig anyone who loves richie hawtin! have you listened to his Closer to Edit CD?

Closer to the edit was by far the best compilation of last year. Different than any other shit. I really want to see Hawtin live again. And he was at Baktun on Monday night for $3. $3! Why the fuck does it have to be on Monday nights? :(